Cycling vs. Nascar

Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nascar or Cycling more of a sport?

• Cycling
    • Nascar
    • Neither

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont kno if this is the reason for the poll, but dibs on the dan patrick show today said that cycling isnt a sport, and that he doesnt give lance or any of the riders credit because they are riding a bike

for the poll...its cycling by a landslide

NASCAR is not a sport. I drive somewhere everyday, does that make driving a sport? Am I an athlete? The answer to both questions is no. NASCAR is simply a competition. I would classify cycling as recreational, which makes the riders athletes, but it's not a sport. Don't take this to mean I don't think it's not incredible what they do. I'm not taking anything away from cyclists. However, something that you can do outside of competition without changing the activity is not a sport.

This makes no sense to me. Am I the only one?

Yeah it doesn't really hold up. Doing something outside of competition means you're not doing the same thing. You can shoot hoops outside of competition, you can golf outside of competition, so what.

I would classify both as events. JUst like running, shotputting, javeline throwing, discus. All events. NASCAR and cycling are both events.

OK, yeah, they're "events", but they're athletic events.