music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Fotop @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
People in Planes album, As Far as the Eye can See, came out today.

I've only listened through it once, but I really enjoyed their EP (the songs from there are all on the album) and I'm liking the rest of the album. Look them up if you're looking for something new.

If there ain't snakes on that plane i ain't interested.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
its got 4-5 really great singles then just trash. I guess i shoudl come to expect this from modern rap artist.
IMO all but a few tracks are hot as s__t and could stand on their own as singles. Lyrically unfortunately he's saying nothing, but what can you do.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
Neko Case is playing saturday night at the vic...that is worth the purchase

I don't go see live acts that are mostly mid to slow tempo. That s*** bores me and puts me to sleep. Don't get me wrong, I might enjoy the record, but live? no way.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
I don't go see live acts that are mostly mid to slow tempo.  That s*** bores me and puts me to sleep.  Don't get me wrong, I might enjoy the record, but live? no way.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i saw feist live and had a great time.

same with Dev. Banhart.

get real close and lose yourself.

I'm re listening to some of my older stuff while training and can't get over how good the Stone Roses were. If you haven't listened to their blend of 60's guitar riffs, 70's smooth jams and 80's dance beats you just haven't lived. Check out Waterfall or I am the resurection. ENJOY!

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
I'm re listening to some of my older stuff while training and can't get over how good the Stone Roses were. If you haven't listened to their blend of 60's guitar riffs, 70's smooth jams and 80's dance beats you just haven't lived. Check out Waterfall or I am the resurection. ENJOY!

yaay, i just went and bought the tenth anniversary stone roses s/t at the record store...and while a great record there was really no point in me buying it. They didn't add anything that great. I shoulda just stuck with my original copy and saved the 16.

I love the stone roses. Can't believe they only lasted one album

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
yaay, i just went and bought the tenth anniversary stone roses s/t at the record store...and while a great record there was really no point in me buying it. They didn't add anything that great. I shoulda just stuck with my original copy and saved the 16.

I love the stone roses. Can't believe they only lasted one album

Come on Bmags, it might not be as good as their first album, but The Second Coming was their second album. Ian Brown (lead singer) released a "Best of" of all his solo stuff late last year.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Come on Bmags, it might not be as good as their first album, but The Second Coming was their second album. Ian Brown (lead singer) released a "Best of" of all his solo stuff late last year.

Where is the jump through the window emoticon?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)

I Don't Know Why I Love You is one of my all-time favorite songs.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Didn't want to be too hard on you mate.

oh yeah...um...just in case that came out the wrong way...when me and my friends get caught up in a stupid statement we act like we jump through the window (ala superman) to get out of trouble...

Speaking of older stuff...

I just got the joy division box set. its so depressing :headbang

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
oh yeah...um...just in case that came out the wrong way...when me and my friends get caught up in a stupid statement we act like we jump  through the window (ala superman) to get out of trouble...

Love Will Tear Us Apart is one of my all-time favorite songs.

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 30, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
oh yeah...um...just in case that came out the wrong way...when me and my friends get caught up in a stupid statement we act like we jump  through the window (ala superman) to get out of trouble...

Its really cool to think that Joy Division morphed into New Order. Its not cool to think about how the Joy Division lead singer went crazy and offed himself, but listening to the music through the evolution is pretty cool.