Attendance

cwsox

What's it like in the upper deck now since the

remodeling? Is it nice up there?

Very nice. If you haven't been up there, I seriously recommend it. The new closed-in-roof really, I dunno how to put it; sort of makes you feel cozy. I loved sitting up there...

Did you hear during the broadcast that they are now announcing the tickets already sold for upcoming games? Approximately 33,000 sold for Saturday, 25,000 for Sunday, and I didn't hear what he said about the Twins series.

This is a great idea, because it spurs people on to buy tickets for other upcoming games, creating a feeling, or maybe just communicating the facts that tickets are getting more scarce.

We've come a long way this year, haven't we?

Did you hear during the broadcast that they are now announcing the tickets already sold for upcoming games? Approximately 33,000 sold for Saturday, 25,000 for Sunday, and I didn't hear what  he said about the Twins series.

This is a great idea, because it spurs people on to buy tickets for other upcoming games, creating a feeling, or maybe just communicating the facts that tickets are getting more scarce.

We've come a long way this year, haven't we?

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Great job getting out to the park, Sox Fans!!!

Hawk said 30K+ had already been sold for the Twins games I think.

It's great, and it will make the casual fans want to pick up the phone or get online and get out to the game.

f*** the casual fan, I want the borderline Sox fan to get off the couch!

The casual fan is an idiot sheep - the borderline Sox fan cares about the Sox, but maybe holds a grudge against Reinsdorf, or maybe has seen too many late fades so he needs to be convinced, or maybe can't afford to go to many games.

THOSE are the people I want going to Sox games, in a perfect world, not the "Oh, I can't decide what to do, see White Chicks or go to the Sox game" people.

...that said, if the borderline fan isn't going to go, then the Sox may as well take Joe Casual's money...

It is a good move to let folks know how many tickets remain, as long as the number of remaining tickets isn't too high....it would be awful to hear "Well, Sox fans, ONLY 24,000 good seats remain for each game of the Tampa Bay series"...