Gammons on BBTN

OSUBUCKS2

anyone hear this.....mets are gonna get Benson tonight for Wiggington, a minor league pitcher AND... a player from the white sox. gammons saidt he sox dont want benson to become a twin so they are gonna do this suppoesedly. should happenb tonight, announced tomorrow

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt kendall is involved, it may just me cash considerations possibly, or somryhing small.  KW just is doing this to prevent the twinkies from getting benson

Why? The guy has a 4-5 ERA in the NL. Anyone remember a certain pitcher we got that had that type of ERA and what happened? :lol:

Seriously, I do not understand the hype around this kid. Oh well, in Kenny I will trust I guess.

Well, if this is true, the Sox better get someone out of the deal or the prospect bettter not be too good. They're not in a position like the Yankees have been in the past where they could do moves like this to prevent their competition from acquiring someone. Maybe the Sox could get Mackowiak out of this.

Shane Spencer was recently arrested for a DUI, and the Mets stated that he'd never play for them again. Too bad he isn't in the NBA, Portland would trade for him in a second. Actually, I've always liked Shane Spencer though.. He's a tough out.

Maybe i'm in the minority, but i'm not a fan of giving up anyone decent just to get "benson doesn't go to minnesota" in return. That doesn't improve our ballclub.

If it's a nothing prospect, then fine. But not a fan.

A nothing prospect isn't going to push the deal over the top for Pittsburgh. This is scaring me.