Gammons on BBTN

OSUBUCKS2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all just so confusing to me.

I don't get why we would get nothing in return all so we can keep the Twins from trading for the next Todd Ritche.. :o

I also think benson is goona get hot hard in the A.L. but he just may be better than anyone else they have 3-5 in their rotation.

I also think benson is goona get hot hard in the A.L. but he just may be better than anyone else they have 3-5 in their rotation.

I disagree. Benson is a good pitcher and he's just about on schedule to come around after his recent arm trouble.

I disagree.  Benson is a good pitcher and he's just about on schedule to come around after his recent arm trouble.

His 4.22 era would be at least 4.75 in the A.L., if not five. It is a known fact that N.L. pitchers do not fair well in the A.l. Unless you are schilling ,martinez, johnson. Those type of pitchers are about the only ones who succeed.

His 4.22 era would be at least 4.75 in the A.L., if not five. It is a known fact that N.L. pitchers do not fair well in the A.l. Unless you are schilling ,martinez, johnson. Those type of pitchers are about the only ones who succeed.

I still disagree with you about Benson.

Benson is a good pitcher and he's just about on schedule to come around after his recent arm trouble.

That's my reason. I've seen too many good pitchers struggle for 18 months after arm trouble, then just pick up where they left off. He's got the talent. He's got the stuff. He's now learned how to pitche without his best stuff because he's been less than 100% healthy. He's now getting back to 100% healthy.

That's my reason.  I've seen too many good pitchers struggle for 18 months after arm trouble, then just pick up where they left off.  He's got the talent.  He's got the stuff.  He's now learned how to pitche without his best stuff because he's been less than 100% healthy.  He's now getting back to 100% healthy.

I am in the middle. I don't think he will ever be an ace, but he could easily be a middle of the rotation guy in the AL. He does face some tough offenses in the NL. St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, and even the Reds are solid offenses. The Brewers are not a horrible offensive team. People cannot honestly tell me it is because the DH and tougher bottom of the lineups. Who would you rather face; Albert Pujols, Jimmy Edmonds, Scott Rolen, Edgar Renteria, Reggie Sanders, Ray Lankford, Tony Womack, and co. Or any of the teams in the rest of baseball. Best offensive team in the game IMHO. I think Benson will be successful, but nowhere near Cy Young caliber.

I am in the middle. I don't think he will ever be an ace, but he could easily be a middle of the rotation guy in the AL. He does face some tough offenses in the NL. St. Louis, Chicago, Houston, and even the Reds are solid offenses. The Brewers are not a horrible offensive team. People cannot honestly tell me it is because the DH and tougher bottom of the lineups. Who would you rather face; Albert Pujols, Jimmy Edmonds, Scott Rolen, Edgar Renteria, Reggie Sanders, Ray Lankford, Tony Womack, and co. Or any of the teams in the rest of baseball. Best offensive team in the game IMHO. I think Benson will be successful, but nowhere near Cy Young caliber.

I never quite went to "Cy Young" territory while talking about Benson. I think he'd certainly help the TWins if they got him.

I never quite went to "Cy Young" territory while talking about Benson. I think he'd certainly help the TWins if they got him.

Oh I know that. I never meant to say you said that. You post was just the one I quoted. I agree with you for the most part, I am just saying it isn't like he is going to carry the team on his back a la RJ, Pedro, Schilling, and Beckett. I agree with you though.

You ARE back, I answered my own question.

How are you doing, I hope your ass got sunbaked in So. Cal, LOL.

We went to Lantern and 29 West tonite, and now I have some dude getting pissed because I criticized his sig.

Situation normal.

Hey, yea, vacation was great but we suck big time. What the hell happened? errors, walks, strikeouts. They blow.

St. Louis has a great lineup, but once you get to the Mike Matheny Sao Taguchi(if they let him play that day) and the pitcher area, it makes it a lot easier. Life's a lot easier when you only have 6 guys to worry about. Chicago's O is okay but it's all righty and Sosa and Ramirez have been out at times. Even when they are all healthy they struggle at times. Houston has really struggled. Cincinnati and Miluakee both have massive holes in their lineup, especially with the injuries to Kearns and Griffey. Plus they also see scrub offenses like Montreal, Marlins(sucks once you get past #4), Mets, and Dodgers(at least most of the time). Look at the numbers, 4 teams in the AL have scored more runs than Colorado, who have the most, and 7 of the top 10 are in the AL. The weak bottom of the order on every NL team has a major effect on runs scored.