Anything new on Contreras?

traydragen

He doesn't speak English for one thing.

Also, I remember reading an article describing how pissed he was at being traded.  I'm too lazy to look for the link, but I think it was in Sunday's Tribune.

He had a no trade clause how can he be pissed.

[He doesn't speak English for one thing.

Also, I remember reading an article describing how pissed he was at being traded. I'm too lazy to look for the link, but I think it was in Sunday's Tribune. ]

Well if i lived in Chicago, I could probally get the article but being as South Carolina is a little far away... also am I wrong or am I right about this? Couldn't Contreras reject a trade if he wanted to?

[He doesn't speak English for one thing.

Also, I remember reading an article describing how pissed he was at being traded. I'm too lazy to look for the link, but I think it was in Sunday's Tribune. ]

Well if i lived in Chicago, I could probally get the article but being as South Carolina is a little far away... also am I wrong or am I right about this? Couldn't Contreras reject a trade if he wanted to?

What I saw said something about he went ahead and waived his no trade 10 minutes before the deadline, because his thought was that if they came to him wanting to trade him, they didn't want him anyway.

Let's just hope the coaching staff can turn this guy into the stud that everyone thinks he can be.

soo.. basically when they came to thim wanting to trade him, his thoughts were, "why the hell should I stay here if they want to trade me". Is that what i'm getting here? So he isn't really that excited to be here he just wanted to get the hell outta New York b/c basically he thought they didn't want him anymore..I hope I didn't just answer my own question here

Yea, that was his initial reaction - but remember this is the Yankee$, every ball player's wet dream. But hell, even Nomar was sort of feeling the same way about Boston, even after the bitterness...

Give the guy time to warm up to Chicago. I think if he goes out there and puts up a good show, the fans will rally around him and he'll feel right at home...

Here's what I liked out of that link:

Brandon McCarthy struck out 16 over seven innings, while allowing two hits without a walk, as Single-A Winston-Salem topped Myrtle Beach by a 3-0 margin. McCarthy, a 17th-round draft pick in the 2002 First Year Player Draft, improved to 4-0. During six starts with the Warthogs, McCarthy has struck out 44 and walked three over 37 innings. Dwayne Pollock picked up his 27th save, while Josh Fields added two hits.

Way to go BMac! :cheers

Yup, good ole Konerko from Guam, Thomas from Argentina, and Gload from Columbia.... :lol:

Ahem.. Guam is English Speaking :lol:

Talking about that let's see the Roster and there nacionality

Ben Davis - USA

Paul Konerko - USA

Juan Uribe - D.R

Jose Valentin - Prican

Joe Crede - USA

Carlos Lee - Panama

Aaron Rowand - USA

Magglio Ordoñez - Venezuela

Frank Thomas - USA

Sandy Alomar - Prican

Timo Perez - D.R.

Ross Gload - USA

Wille Harris - USA

Freddy Garcia - Venezuelan

Mark Buherle - USA

Jon Garland - USA

Jose Contreras - Cuban

Scott Schowenweiss - USA

Damaso Marte - D.R

Shingo - Japan

Felix Diaz - D.R

Rest of the Pitchers are from USA

Ozzie - Venezuela

Joey Cora - Prican

Rafael Santana - D.R

Coop - USA

13 latin Americans. He sould be confortable :headbang

Not only that but there should be better communication between him and Ozzie then with him and Torrie.

Personally I hope you guys don't have to high of expectations for him.

I expect him to be a decent 3rd/4th starter. Just keep us in the games and get us quality outs. If he allows 3 runs per game for the rest of the year then I would be happy with him :)