2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing seeing the Husker fans lining up to jump off a skyscraper. A loss to Iowa State is hell freezing over for the Huskers. For anyone not familiar with the *ahem* series record between Nebraska and ISU....Nebraska is roughly 85-16 against ISU since the 1890's.

It's amazing seeing the Husker fans lining up to jump off a skyscraper. A loss to Iowa State is hell freezing over for the Huskers. For anyone not familiar with the *ahem* series record between Nebraska and ISU....Nebraska is roughly 85-16 against ISU since the 1890's.

But ISU is 2-1 against Nebraska the last three seasons...

The pwn Nebraska. :lol:

The conferences whose champions have a guaranteed annual berth in one of the BCS bowls are subject to review and possible loss of that guaranteed annual berth should the conference champion not have an average ranking of 12 or higher over a four-year period.

The reality is that the Big 12th North is about the same as the MAC.... Even if any of them ran the table and somehow won the Big 12 championship game, they would still be outside the top 20 in the BCS, and Oklahoma, OK St, Texas, and Texas A&M would all be ahead of them, and subject to being selected by a BCS bowl instead of the North champ.

Noah Herrod on Northwestern

I heard a guy on television say he would be a 1st round pick- now i research mock draft and scouting reports on players on different sites weekly and not one site had him in the 1st round and I personally dont see him as being a quality NFL back.

Any opinions?

Hey chisox05 I've got a question for you. I haven't payed attention to mock drafts yet, but where is Akron's QB Charlie Frye predicted to go right now? I love him as a QB, 6'4 230 with great mobility and a great arm. I think he should be a 1st-2nd easily, especially after the combines. I just wanna know what they project for him right now, thanks.

Noah Herrod on Northwestern

I heard a guy on television say he would be a 1st round pick- now i research mock draft and scouting reports on players on different sites weekly and not one site had him in the 1st round and I personally dont see him as being a quality NFL back.

Any opinions?

First off, it's Herron...

I saw him listed as a probable late round pick before the season, with the possibility of him switching to fullback. He's having a hell of a year though, averaging about 5 yards per carry and has 10 TD's. It's hard to tell right now, he might have moved up to the mid-rounds but if he runs like a 4.5 in the combine he can really shoot up. There's a lot of time before the draft, so who knows who will have how much hype and who will rise or drop in the ratings. The guy is a big power runner that can be effective in the red zone, so he might get a shot. He's also caught 25 passes at almost a 10 yard clip. 1st round is a major stretch though, there are going to be a bunch of good RB's in the draft. As for whether or not he will be a solid back in the pros, I don't know. He doesn't seem to have stellar speed or be able to run over a ton of guys, he just seems to find the creases. I thought Jason Wright was a better back and he didn't really get a shot. I think he could definitely catch on as a change of pace/red zone guy, but I personally doubt that he will get a shot at being a feature back.