First Day of School

The Beast

Second hour was a study hall. Went on the internet but couldn't came to SoxTalk. Our scholl bans message boards and games. Sorry guys.

exciting on my part. I love school!!!

Go to www.delorie.com and go to the web purifier. Then type in the link of SoxTalk and see if it works. Worked for me when I was at school last year. :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys would really hate my school.  There's all this talk of what you guys wear to school and the hot girls at school and stuff, and I don't have to worry about that at all.  I go to an all-boys private catholic school, so I have to wear a shirt and tie with pants (never shorts).  And, there's no girls to worry about, so you can just do whatever you want without making yourself look like a dumbass in front of the chicks.  Also, our guy teachers are cool b/c they'll say stuff (dirty jokes, etc.) that you couldn't say with girls in the classroom.  And, to our football games, I wear what I wore to school sometimes.  Yes, I've wore a shirt and tie to a football game.

Same deal for me except it was a Co-Ed school so it wasn't so big. In summer though we had to wear shorts and socks pulled up to your thighs, uggghhh. :angry:

Go to www.delorie.com and go to the web purifier. Then type in the link of SoxTalk and see if it works. Worked for me when I was at school last year.  :)

What does that do? My school bans us from all message boards period. Plus we have computer geeks looking at our computers 24/7. Here's my past experience with 'em...

One day for class, I was checking up on some bears news. I see the lady in the other room moving my mouse to the x button. So I type in the address box. My computer is posessed... The lady came over to me and said get out of the comp lab. I laughed after her cause another person told her to f*** off in the box as well. He got a week's detention for it.

Another story is one of my friends clicked on a loan officers website. He put in the box which tells their past... "I have spent all my money on gambling and now I have to prostitute myself for it. That was the funniest s*** ever happened to my friend.

I should clarify what I hate. The people who just start GIGGLING over some stupid kid making a joke that completely sucks, and you know for a fact that they would not laugh at the same joke if some "non popular" kid said it. The people who are disruptive during class because of their popularity and no one seems to care because he is God of school and the teachers dont care because they don't want to get on the bad side of 75% of the class.

Dude, you know what's crazy? I'm a prep, and I agree 100% with exactly what you just said.

I can think of a great example today. In pre-calc today, our teacher explained something very easy to the class and you'd have to be stupid NOT to know what she was talking about, and at the end of it she said "Does everyone get it?" and with the way she said it, it seemed like a rhetorical question...very easy lesson, and you really should have no problem with it. Then a kid like you described, who had his head down like the entire period, just yells "NO!", and others did laugh. I wanted to go over to him and just tell him to STFU, but decided it was against my best interest to.

Dude, you know what's crazy?  I'm a prep, and I agree 100% with exactly what you just said.

I can think of a great example today.  In pre-calc today, our teacher explained something very easy to the class and you'd have to be stupid NOT to know what she was talking about, and at the end of it she said "Does everyone get it?" and with the way she said it, it seemed like a rhetorical question...very easy lesson, and you really should have no problem with it.  Then a kid like you described, who had his head down like the entire period, just yells "NO!", and others did laugh.  I wanted to go over to him and just tell him to STFU, but decided it was against my best interest to.

I agree about this.

Seriously, I would do the same thing.

I'm talking about kids, they do their work, they have friends, they are average, good, honerable kids.

Their confidence and self esteem is low because of bullies. And teasing.

That is what I do not tolerate.

If a kid asks a question after learning through an easy lesson, then that is justified.

Along the lines of not liking certain types of people...

I hate kids who pretend like they're dumb to seem cool...

If you know what I mean.

And you know, that is mostly the prep people at my school. A certain, select few.

And it also is the stoners who act as skaters, but it is mostly preps.

I’ve been in school since the 24th and I’ve had fun. There are some classes that can be entertaining and some that are very boring.

Things that I don’t like about High School:

• You have 5 minutes to get to your locker and go to class ASAP and barely have any time to chat with girls.
  • 1 tardy and you have after school.
  • You need to have at least an A or a B (in each class) in order for you to get the appropriate credits you need to go on. They don’t accept C’s and all that crap anymore.
Here are the classes that I have and just short descriptions on my feelings about each teacher.

Geography (1st Hour) - First place to go is with a football coach, which I’ve met before at my local church, can be real boring and funny at some times. He doesn’t give us much work but when he does he gives us some pretty stupid assignments, IMO. Such as “What would you like to learn in this class?” It is like the first 2 weeks of school that’s so boring but once he’ll start giving us real work than that class will go a lot quicker.

English 9 (2nd Hour) - First time I walk into his classroom I see nothing but Cubs merchandise in his desk. “He’s a flubbie fan... OMG” is what came to my head when I met him. He tells us a little about himself and his class turns out to be one of my favorites. Although he’s a Cub fan we get along with each other pretty well. We talk about baseball, football and any other kind of sport. A real good teacher, IMO. BTW, he asked the whole class how many Cub fans were present and only 1 raised her hand. About 10 were Sox fans. :headbang

Gym (3rd Hour) - What can I say about Gym? It kicks ass!

Lunch - Very cool. It’s where I get to spend time with some of my buddies and catch up with some of the girls I haven’t seen in some time.

Keyboard I (4th hour) - Not bad at all knowing that I know how to type. I’m not a real fast typer but the teacher has given us some pretty good info.

Algebra I (5th hour) - First off, Math is my favorite subject. I love to have Math homework since I never seem to take more than 40 minutes on it but the teacher I have sucks. She’s not really the teacher that was suppose to teach class (she got fired) so the school decides to get someone who has never teached in her life. She’s not bad but come ISTEP Testing I am not going to know s***.

Biology (6th hour) - Last class of the day and I end up with a jackass that hates his job. Always seems to talk about the kind of childhood he had (which was cruel) but it can get boring at some times. I always seem to look up at the clock just to check if it’s 2:00 pm yet.

This is a mighty long post but it has to be like that if I want to describe how my school day went. It really is interesting to read some of you guys posts in this thread and I’m also glad to see a lot of teens. Screw the old farts! ;)