7.5 games back

soxfan420

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His first start against us he gave up 7 earned runs in 3 innings. Nest start he gave up 2 runs in 8 innings. His last start he went six and only gave up 1 run. So they basically only got to him once this year.

I thought we had him twice before his run, guess not -- still any game vs. Santana is almost an automatic loss.

The Sox just have to keep playing like they have nothing to lose--because they don't. If they have fun and play the game, they could make a race of it. The pressure is on the Twins. Nobody expects the Sox to even come close.

That's the smartest assessment of the Sox current state I've heard yet. They should at least finish strong and not fade out like a bunch of b****es.

The Twinkies hav lost the last 2 days with their worst 2 starters on the mound in Lohse and Mulholland. With Santana and Radke on the hill 10 more times this month, it's all over.

Radke is a damn good pitcher, but he isn't Johan Santana dominant. I'll leave it at that, I don't think this team will come back.

Like I said in the game thread - the eternal optimist inside me will hope that the Twinkies have a mammoth collapse and that the Sox have a magical run into the playoffs, but my brain knows different. That's why it's called hope... :pray

The Sox just have to keep playing like they have nothing to lose--because they don't. If they have fun and play the game, they could make a race of it. The pressure is on the Twins. Nobody expects the Sox to even come close.

Great post, beck. That IS the attitude the Sox should take. Excellent point. :cheers