What's your Favorite Fan Chant in Sports?

What does chalk have to do with Jayhawk? (other than rhyming)

to be honest i have no f***in clue.

But, I hope this makes some sense.

From the ku tradition page

World's greatest college cheer

The University Science Club officially adopted the famous "Rock Chalk" chant in 1886. A chemistry professor, E.H.S. Bailey, and some of his associates were returning from a conference by train to Lawrence. As they traveled, they talked of the need for a good , rousing yell. The click-clack of the train wheels passing over the rail joints suggested a rhythm, and a cadence to them.

At first, their version was "Rah, Rah, Jayhawk, KU" repeated three times. Later, in place of the rahs, an English professor suggested "Rock Chalk," a transposition of chalk rock, the name for the limestone outcropping found on Mount Oread, site of the Lawrence campus.

The cheer became known worldwide. Teddy Roosevelt pronounced it the greatest college chant he'd ever heard. It was used by Kansas troops fighting in the Philippines in 1899, in the Boxer Rebellion in China, and World War II. At the Olympic games in 1920, the King of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell. The assembled athletes agreed on KU's Rock Chalk and rendered it for His Majesty. Download the Rock Chalk chant. (532K mp3)

The NA-NA-NA chants at Old Comiskey.  There are none better.

Especially when a pitcher goes 7 strong against us and leaves with the lead...

some things at comiskey really need to stop.

Anyway, it's either

ILL...INI

or

Detroit sucks at a Hawks game, early 1990's

Well we played one of our rivals last year in High School basketball. There star players first name was Peter and we won so after the game our student section chanted "You Suck Peter" and held up signs that said "Peter Meter" and had a zero next to it.

B-I-T-E-O-N-E!!! Bite One! Bite One, Referee!!!

Rah, rah, ree, kick him in the knee!!! Rah, rah, rass, kick him in the other knee!!!

Bricka, bracka, firecracka, sis boom bah, Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, rah, Rah, RAH!!!

/feels real dumb right now. :banghead

DE-TROIT SUCKS!!!! DE-TROIT SUCKS!!!!!!

Second place is

DI-NO SUCKS!!!!  DI-NO SUCKS!!!

Definitely De-Troit Sucks.

It's still good today, it's just not as fun because the Hawks teams usually are trash.

Damn, I long for the day when the Hawks bring the Cup back to Chicago...

I remember the student section at a high school basketball game I attended chanting "ttoner" at a player on the opposing team who was busted with possession of marijuana.

That was fun.

One of the guys on our team last year got a DUI so if the other team knew they would chant D-U-I D-U-I D-U-I when he was at the line.