The Red Sox

aboz56

Spiff is in the same group.

And personally I hated the way RW has been treated and have said as much.

I think people just have no idea what real Red Sox fans are like. They are 99% of the people I deal with and if I don't have a problem with them, I don't see how people in the Chicago area can go on raving about how they're all such assholes, and I'm supposed to just agree with them and go along with it?

I think people just have no idea what real Red Sox fans are like.  They are 99% of the people I deal with and if I don't have a problem with them, I don't see how people in the Chicago area can go on raving about how they're all such assholes, and I'm supposed to just agree with them and go along with it?

I'm not so sure how many people here think Red Sox fans are assholes.

I think what people here think is that Red Sox fans are just huge homers(about the curse, about how loud and annoying they are, I'm sure the Boston accent has something to do with it, among other things), and that, atleast on the surface, they seem to be similar to Cubs fans. You know how much Sox fans hate Cubs fans.

To me, I think that's the comparison that most Sox fans draw...and it is the wrong one, I'll admit it.

I also think a lot of Sox fans dislike Red Sox fans due in part to a little bit of jealousy, whether we want to admit it or not...the Red Sox have had opportunities to win many World Series titles, and have just choked, while the White Sox have been to 1 World Series since the Black Sox scandal. Better to have loved and lost then to not have loved at all, right? Also, the Red Sox have won a World Series more recently(albeit 1 year) then the White Sox, and yet they get constant media coverage, while the White Sox do not. I'm sure there are some Sox fans out there who say that they are glad that the White Sox don't have a curse and that they don't need a curse, blah-blah-blah, but really on the inside wish that the White Sox really did have a curse, so they could feel that same way that Red Sox fans do and they'd get the national coverage and people would actually give a s*** about the White Sox.

Anyways, when I think asshole fans, I think Yankee fans, and I think Phillie fans...those are the two that come to mind instantly. When I think of Red Sox fans, I think of cocky and arrogant and annoying, mostly. Not saying all are, not saying most are...that's just the stereotypical BoSox fan to me.

I personally never understood the blanket "Cub fans are like this" and "Red Sox fans are like that" mentality, and it is one of the many reasons sports fans can disgust me. Lord, and people wonder why people fight over race and religion, when I have seen people actually admit to not being friends with somebody due to the fanship they hold for a team.

We do all understand that this is a GAME played by really rich people, and what happens if these teams win or lose will effect your life in no way shape or form two days after the season ends, other than trying to figure out how to make a good thread on this (or other boards like this)...right? :huh:

***the two day note is because the day after a WS title or whatever I expect people to still be either drunk, hung-over, or busy looting, pillaging and plundering their fine city in the name of "good sportsmanship"*** :ph34r:

I think people just have no idea what real Red Sox fans are like.  They are 99% of the people I deal with and if I don't have a problem with them, I don't see how people in the Chicago area can go on raving about how they're all such assholes, and I'm supposed to just agree with them and go along with it?

I think it's kinda stupid to call all fans of a team assholes. I'm sure they have some like we have some. But calling them assholes cause they are holding up signs.. or clutching crosses on their necks..

Tell me any one of you wouldn't be doing the same if the White Sox were in the WS.

Okay, fine.

But OTHER than him, those other guys are homegrown.

If we went out and spent "stupid" money like the teams in the playoffs...is THAT the secret to a World Championship?

Spending a ton of money doesn't guarantee a championship but it does make it a hell of a lot easier to get to the playoffs, well that is unless you are the Rangers or Mets.

Pros

Keith Foulke

Cons

Ben Affleck

Peter Gammons

Johnny Damon

The Midget

Doug Mentkiewicz

The only way that I could root for this team is if they played the Cubs.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm a big fan of their history.

All Time Lineup

1. Tris Speaker CF

2. Wade Boggs 3B

3. Ted Williams RF

4. Jimmie Foxx 1B

5. Carl Yastremzki LF

6. Manny Ramirez DH

7. Bobby Doerr 2B

8. Carlton Fisk C

9. Joe Cronin SS

That is just...beautiful. :headbang