I want that fun too!!!

CWSGuy406

Damn... Another year of dissappointment, at least for the Sox in white.

Just watching these World Series', every year; they always get to me. Just one time, give me a team like that - that team won the World Series because they were baseball players, each and every one of them loved the game, and had fun playing it.

I know I'm only 16, others of you are older than I am; so you're pain that you feel year after year is magnified. But, still - I just want to have that one run, that one dominating run of winning and winning.

Please Kenny and Jerry, deliver to us just one World Series Title. Please. :pray

I feel your pain, man....I was 17 in 1990 and I lways wonder "What if Bob Welch gets hurt in April?"  Age is irrelevant to the amount of pain, the accumulated pain is what leads to frustration.  Maybe next year.  Why not us?

Because GS will spend $250 mill if he has to.

It's sad...but possible

Just gotta hope we get Unit at some point, get hotter the hell, and beat the s*** out of the Yanks in the postseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...second/guessing

Eric Neel: "The fight now for suffering supremacy shifts to Chicago, doesn't it? And forget the Cubs for a minute. I'm thinking of the White Sox. Haven't won the Series since 1917, haven't reached the World Series since 1959. And unlike their slightly yuppier brethren on the North Side, Sox fans, by and large, are working on the deep, common-folk channels of heartache and want-to. The media story has been the Cubs, and the Cubs are, by a wide margin, Chicago's team, but to me, it's the White Sox Nation who ought to become America's team now."

Though it's a nice thought, I doubt it will ever happen. Might be fun, even though we are above sympathy (mmyes), to have people know who we are. I can walk around campus with my White Sox hat on and people think it's a Red Sox hat.

Then the jackass David Schoenfield, goes on to blame the team for the Black Sox scandal.

Does he realize that the players were acquitted in court?

THEY WERE NEVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME, ASSHOLE! :fyou

The only crime committed since then are the medicore rosters and the penny-pinching owners that we've had to deal with as fans.

Then the jackass David Schoenfield, goes on to blame the team for the Black Sox scandal.

THEY WERE NEVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME, ASSHOLE!  :fyou

The only crime committed since then are the medicore rosters and the penny-pinching owners that we've had to deal with as fans.

They still threw the WS, doesn't matter if they were acquitted or not.

The fans were NEVER to blame for the 1919 scandal. The players and that skinflint Comiskey are the ones that deserve the blame. It's a sacrilege that we honor that tool with a statue of him in the new ballpark. The name Comiskey needs to be forever disassociated from the Sox in the future.

It's a sacrilege that we honor that tool with a statue of him in the new ballpark.

Well, the new Tool figured he had to honor the old Tool after he refused to acknowledge and fix the mistake that is/was the ballpark of his own creation with his own $$$.

Piss on both of them.

Because GS will spend $250 mill if he has to.

It's sad...but possible

Just gotta hope we get Unit at some point, get hotter the hell, and beat the s*** out of the Yanks in the postseason.

That's a loooooot of hoping. See that's the problem, we hope to luck into the WS and we don't MAKE it happen. We hope JR picks up top free agents, if not then we hope the players we have will overachieve, if not then we hope for the oposition to flop.

"The media story has been the Cubs, and the Cubs are, by a wide margin, Chicago's team, but to me, it's the White Sox Nation who ought to become America's team now."

How do you guys feel about this? Not that it's going to happen, but if it did, I would be dissapointed. I wouldn't want the White Sox to belong to America, just the Southside faithful.

THEY WERE NEVER CHARGED WITH A CRIME, ASSHOLE!  :fyou 

I do a very slow BURN when I read s*** like this.

OK, blame the players, blame Comiskey. Whatever.

Doesn't matter to me. All of the players who threw that series are DEAD!! THEY'RE FREAKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GONE! DUST! DIRT!

VAMOOSE!! GOODBYE!!! Comiskey is dead as well. So the

current players and fans deserve mediocrity, deserve to be "punished" for

something that happened 90 Frickin' frackin' years

ago?????? OK! The series was thrown. Get the HELL over it!! I mean, do I have to recite a list

of all baseball teams' crimes against humanity? Starting with the "Black Skin"

Scandal? You know that one. Any ballplayer being caught in posession of black

skin was banned from baseball permanently. The Boston Red Sox were a long-

time perpetrator of this, and even turned down a chance to sign Jackie Robinson

in 1944. And look, it only took them 60 years to recover.

This one reason I hate sportswriters and others of their ilk. Well, I can't say I

HATEthem, just all of the bulls*** that they foist onto the sporting public.

Ridiculous. Jerks. :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

EDIT: knightni,

In reading this, it seems as if my venom is aimed at you. It is not. It is aimed at the utter jackass you cited in your post. Just don't want a misunderstanding.

If the White Sox ever start to embrace the thought of some stupid f***ing curse, I swear to God I'll stop following them. The LAST THING I want is to be associated with that Cub/Red Sox cuddly curse bulls***. "Reverse The Curse", blowing up HAUNTED BASEBALLS, "Why Not Us?" t-shirts, it's all obnoxious, narcissistic, pity-pot, "LOOK AT ME" crapola.

I'd rather go to my grave pissed off at Reinhorn & Co. than to start falling in love with the failure of the White Sox.

Guest hawaiisoxfn

I really dont know what Id do if the Sox won the World Series. Im not even sure if Id even root for them anymore. I think Id have this attitude of being on top of the world, like theres nothing more left for us to do. I probably would root for them, but it would be a lot different. I guess Ill never know what will happen until they actually do win.

How do you guys feel about this? Not that it's going to happen, but if it did, I would be dissapointed. I wouldn't want the White Sox to belong to America, just the Southside faithful.

I remember when the Bulls had their second run. I was stationed in California, and suddenly everybody loved the Bulls. Granted, when someone's as great as Jordan they become public property that transcends Chicago. But it felt like you were being robbed of something when you'd hear people talking about the Bulls like they do about the Lakers, Yankees and Cowboys.

That being said, it's a heckuva lot better than finishing 20 games under .500. I'd take that success from the Sox in a second. Although, it would be nice if the mainstream didn't care like when the D-Backs, Angels and Marlins won it all.

God damn if the Sox were ever to win it I would be f***ing out of my mind.

I can't even explain it. I eat, drink, and breathe White Sox baseball. I punch holes in my wall in games vs. Detroit in May. That's how passionate I get.

Please KW and JR, just one!