*Official* College Basketball Thread

i was at the illinois-SIUE exhibition game tonight...78-58 illini, but i did see dee brown leave the court with about 10 minutes left in the 2nd half, w/ the trainer.....didn't look like he was walking correctly. I'm kinda scared about seeing that, but we'll see.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Self on the new AP poll:

"So, I've got a 1 and a 5 and Roy's got a 1 and a 4," Self said. "What are you guys trying to do to us?"

I'm sorry, but Self has never pissed me off more than today.

yeah self so if U of I wins the title he still gets a ring then right :lol:

what a joke

One problem...."back to the final four".....

Lol...well for one i obviously wouldnt waste my time doin that...so I am not the creator of that photoshop baby...

Secondly, dont tell me your too young to remember the flying illini days, the Illini HAVE been to the final four before its been a while but that statement can be considered truthful ;)

How bad is Penn St? They already lost to Illinois St. (who appears decent, I'll get to that). Now, after beating Western Carolina, they lost South Carolina St. by 20 points. *Checks to make sure they play NU twice this year, they do :) *

Meanwhile ISU has beaten its 2nd power conference team so far this year. After beating Penn St as mentioned they got creamed by Marquette, which is gonna happen. They followed that up with an 18 point win over Ole Miss. Solid, good for them.

Lol...well for one i obviously wouldnt waste my time doin that...so I am not the creator of that photoshop baby...

Secondly, dont tell me your too young to remember the flying illini days, the Illini HAVE been to the final four before its been a while but that statement can be considered truthful  ;)

Yeah i just thought the "back" part implied that he has brought them there already.

How bad is Penn St? They already lost to Illinois St. (who appears decent, I'll get to that). Now, after beating Western Carolina, they lost South Carolina St. by 20 points. *Checks to make sure they play NU twice this year, they do  :) *

Meanwhile ISU has beaten its 2nd power conference team so far this year. After beating Penn St as mentioned they got creamed by Marquette, which is gonna happen. They followed that up with an 18 point win over Ole Miss. Solid, good for them.

Danman, I forgot, have you stated your opinion of NU's team this year? I personally think they might still be a year off. Parker looked bad most of the time last year, especially since he was solid as a freshman. He's gotta be good for them this year. Vedran and Hashad are solid, but I think they need Parker to play much better and at least one of the transfers (Doyle and Thompson) make an major impact. I could see them doing well, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm really anxious to see them play. At least they have some depth this year. :D

On a side note, any thoughts on Arizona's performance? The announcers were ripping them, but I thought they looked okay. Frye and Adams played pretty poorly and they still won fairly easily. If that had happened last year they might have lost. They looked a little rusty, which is to be expected, but if Shakur and Radenovic can get production anywhere near last night for the whole year they are going to be really tough to beat.

Zoom- The Cats could be anywhere from 10th in the Big Ten to a bubble team. It all depends on the play of the freshman and the transfers. They need the freshman to at least add depth and at least one has to be able to contribute a decent amount. I don't know what to expect from Doyle, but Thompson has to be huge, even if only on the defensive end. I'm sick of seeing the Cats get lit up by guys like Nick Smith (no offense Illini fans, but he scored like a career high against us last year). I'm hoping for next season to be the tourney run with no seniors.