*Official* College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
According to ESPN,

Valpo.

Not that hard to research hehe

Number one guy is:

L. Spencer Gardner, out of Oral Roberts.

SB

Yeah it is Valpo, I was really suprised when I saw that in the paper this morning. Las year we shot 31% from downtown, so now everyday after practice the team has to make 50 3 pointers in 5 minutes at the end of practice or they have to run. It is working well for coach Drew.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIU Saluki's getting beat at SMS by 15 with about 3 mins left. Gonna be their 2nd loss in a row. May have to win the MVC tourney to make the big dance.

Wolverines at Michigan State tomorrow, just not feeling it. Thank God for Da Bull!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
IU just lost to Minnesota 70-65...

Kind of funny the Minnesota crowd was doing the "overrated" chant.  Minnesota is now 14-5, and we're now 9-8.  We're overrated, how?!?!?

:bang

they are slow up there in minnesota too close to canadia

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 03:07 PM)
IU just lost to Minnesota 70-65...

Kind of funny the Minnesota crowd was doing the "overrated" chant.  Minnesota is now 14-5, and we're now 9-8.  We're overrated, how?!?!?

:bang

Wow how the hell can Minny be 14-5 and Indy 9-8? I'm no college B-Ball expert, but that ain't supposed to happen, right? :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Wow how the hell can Minny be 14-5 and Indy 9-8? I'm no college B-Ball expert, but that ain't supposed to happen, right?  :bang

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. We're getting back there. DJ White's becoming a huge threat to go to inside, and the other freshman have done a lot of growing up throughout the season.

I know it doesn't seem like much now after losing tonight. However, it's pretty tough to win anywhere on the road in conference. Indiana had a drought to start the 2nd half; other than that I was pleased with their performance tonight.

Indiana's getting back there though; we're 4-2 in the Big Ten. We've won 7 of our last 9, and I still think we can get in the tourney if we win the games we're supposed to.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
Wow how the hell can Minny be 14-5 and Indy 9-8? I'm no college B-Ball expert, but that ain't supposed to happen, right?  :bang

Very simply....... the schedule.

Minnesota has beaten at home - Lipscomb, Furman, Holy Cross, Central Michigan, Chicago St., St. Francis, (PA), UNC Greensboro, Coppin State, Loyolay Marymount, Penn State and Purdue. And now Indiana.

They have beaten on the road - Nebraska and Ohip St.

They have lost to - Alabama (home), Oklahoma (away), Florida State (home), Iowa (away) and Michigan St. (home).

Indiana has beaten at home - Indiana St., Western Illinois, Ball St., Oral Roberts, Furman, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio St.

They have beaten Purdue on the road.

IU has lost to - North Carolina (home), UConn (away), Notre Dame (home), Kentucky (in Louisville), Missouri (away), Charlotte (home), Northwestern (away) and Minnesoty (away).

I'm not making excuses for IU's season, but switch those schedules and you would see a big difference in won/loss record.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I think he is referring to the fact that IU is known as a bball power house while Minnesota is not.

I know he was....... but I was merely showing how records can be deceiving. I'd say the two teams are about as even as you can get, despite the records.