ESPN 1000 - Talk Baseball

striker

Good info on Jerry Hairston Jr.

Levine says he's still hurting (ankle).

Wills gives a shot to YET ANOTHER Cub caller.

Levine commenting on AJ Pierzynski, Sox officials are concerned with his clubhouse make up.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not all over KW yet. He's got to do something by the Thursday before Soxfest or things are going to get VERY interesting. Either way I'll have plenty of fun. We eitehr walk around optimistic for three days or we get stuff off our collective chests at the Q and A. I think they try to bring in Hawk as a way to keep the fans in a good mood but that didn't work out so well last year. I wonder if KW would come down with a "throat ailment".

KW didn't hide last year. I doubt he'll hide this year.

Also, count me amongst those who think something fairly big will happen during the next week. And, frankly, I'm a little nervous about it.

I am not all over KW yet. He's got to do something by the Thursday before Soxfest or things are going to get VERY interesting. Either way I'll have plenty of fun. We eitehr walk around optimistic for three days or we get stuff off our collective chests at the Q and A. I think they try to bring in Hawk as a way to keep the fans in a good mood but that didn't work out so well last year. I wonder if KW would come down with a "throat ailment".

If he hasn't done something by Soxfest he will be BBQ'd.

Good info on Jerry Hairston Jr.

Levine says he's still hurting (ankle).

Wills gives a shot to YET ANOTHER Cub caller.

Levine commenting on AJ Pierzynski, Sox officials are concerned with his clubhouse make up.

It'll be interesting to see what type of market there is for A.J because the guy is obviously a jackass, the guys in San Francisco hated his ass there this year. And you know KW doesn't want clubhouse cancers on this ballclub, period. Hairston Jr. still injured, can't say that's hardly suprising. ;)

I don't.

I want Vazquez.

No more Berry/Barry f***ups.  :nono

If you love him so much, why haven't you created an avatar with Vazquez wearing a Sox hat. :lol:

Afterward creating one for Vazquez, you could create one for Martinez/Pavano/Radke/Perez. It's important to replace one for another once another organization signs them.

Greg Walker on now, he wishes Maggs the best ... about 6 times in one of the longest run-on sentences ever :lol:

Walker is talking to a lot of the Sox hitters over the winter.

Speaking on Everett now, he'll work hard this winter, etc. etc. They have the strength and conditioning guy working with him.

I don't think it's any secret that this is really a HUGE year for the White Sox, one that will shape the direction of this team for the next 5 years possibly. With Cleveland looking like they'll dominate the division over that time, and the Tiggies and Illitch spending money like there's no tomorrow, this division is getting more competitive each day. If the White Sox don't perform, there'll be a fire sale most likely, and the young players will get more playing time. Ozzie's contract finishes this season with a team option for next season, so he needs to have another winning season for that to be picked up most likely. For KW though, this team really needs to perform otherwise most likely he'll be outta here.

What kind of pitcher do you want?

You don't want RJ.  You don't want JV.

We need 5 Jon Garlands in the rotation but KW is too stupid to develop a cloning machine and JR is too cheap to provide Kenny with the finances to build one. :rolly :rolly :rolly

Oh good ... analyzing Willie Harris.

Levine commenting on Harris having trouble with strikeouts.

Walker is, naturally, convinced Harris has the talent.

Walker says it's mental with Harris. Walker says Willie needs to "believe in his self" :lol:

Walker thinks Harris needs to drive the ball at home vs. bunting. Say what??

Walker on Crede's swing flaw ... he says they didn't solve it in 2004, no duh Greg.

It took a while for Crede to convince himself he needs to fix the flaw ... yikes.

Crede is in Chicago right now, they were working with him today.

They think Crede can fix the flaw this winter.

Oh good ... analyzing Willie Harris.

Levine commenting on Harris having trouble with strikeouts.

Walker is, naturally, convinced Harris has the talent.

Walker says it's mental with Harris.  Walker says Willie needs to "believe in his self"  :lol:

Walker thinks Harris needs to drive the ball at home vs. bunting.  Say what??

:puke