My dream sox team for 05

Southside hitmen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think back... there are quite a few who have disappeared, and seem to reappear only when the Sox lose...

Two in particular, one just got called out about it on another site, I found it humorous.

I haven't seen this guy post in awhile............

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Dec 8, 2004 -> 02:52 PM)
Terrible move!!! Dustin Hermanson? How in the hell is this guy gonna get paid over 2 million dollars a year. Maybe as a long reliever or sport starter, but nothing else, and that title isn't worth over 2 million a year, especially when your name is Dustin Hermanson. I swear if he's the closer over Shingo or someone else, KW can go f**k off.

He was also yelling all offseason to sign Eric Milton too. :puke

Some Gems from that thread:

BlackSox8:

anyone that would like that trade is a f***ing moron.... stick.gif

Yoda:

f*** THIS OFFSEASON. THE 2005 WHITE SOX CAN f*** OFF! chair.gif

KnuckleSox1:

This trade f***ing blows.

QWERTY:

Horrible deal.

Podsednik is not a lead-off hitter with a .313 obp.

Where is the lead-off hitter you speak of?

BULOKIS:

Good deal to get a lead off hitter. I know Lee is a great player but we have not won anything with Lee or other players for the last couple of years so I like the change.

TexSox:

jpshakehead.gif losing both corners in an out field that wasn't strong in the middle.

Kevhead:

I like CLee, but seriously folks, what the hell did you expect to get for a power hitting left fielder? Sorry, but players like Carlos are a dime a dozen. Guys who steal 70 bases aren't.

Buehrle>Wood:

Actually, the more I think about it, this is a genius move.

Mongo:

EL _ GOODBYE O

Athomeboy, thomsonmi, bulokis, kevhead and a select of others were the few to stay positive. There were some other QWERTY gems, but I don't want to embaress him.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 8, 2004 -> 11:22 AM)
I've seriously had enough of these X-Box trade Dream Teams

Not going to happen fellas.  Then, when Kenny tries to do something to better the squad, we are going to hear..."This guy sucks.  My idea was so much better.  Typical Sox."

Same old s***.

That's not an Xbox trade. It would work on Xbox, but that's only because the computer is raping the actualy guy in this trade.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
were some other QWERTY gems, but I don't want to embaress him.

Yeah....QWERTY pretty much wanted to kill Scotty after that deal. Worked out well huh? What did he say after the Freddy trade? Contrary, what did he say about the Wells or Ritchie trades???

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Yeah....QWERTY pretty much wanted to kill Scotty after that deal. Worked out well huh? What did he say after the Freddy trade? Contrary, what did he say about the Wells or Ritchie trades???

qwerty still hates Podsednik. Don't know where you've been

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Dec 8, 2004 -> 10:09 AM)
C- AJ Pierzynski(FA)

1B- Paul Korenko

2B- Luis Castillo (trade)

SS- Edgar Renteria(FA)

3B- Joe Crede

DH- Frank Thomas

RF- Aaron Rowand

CF- Juan Pierre(trade)

LF- Carlos Lee

Bench

OF-1B Ross Gload

OF Carl Everett

Utily- Willie Harris

Utily- Joe  Crede

C- Ben Davis

Starters

1 Mark Buherle

2 Freddy Garcia

3 Derek Lowe(FA)

4 Matt ClementFA)

5- Jose Contreras

Relievers

LR Neal Cotts

LR- Wilson Alvarez(FA)

RR- Cliff Politte

LR-Damaso Marte

RR-Shingo Tataksu

Closer- Denny Graves(trade)

Maybe I'm crazy, but this team looks significantly worse than what we already have. Pierre isn't as good a lead of hitter as Podsednik. We got rid of Carlos Lee for a reason. Danny Graves as closer? You keep Shingo in a 'dream team'? Why is Ben Davis back? Joe Crede can't be a UTL infielder because he plays 3B and can't play SS and 2B effectively enough to be an actual normal option. Luis Castillo doesn't seem as valuable as Iguchi does to me right now. Why the hell did you take Derek Lowe over Jon Garland? Contreras stays on the team??

This team doesn't make sense to me.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Maybe I'm crazy, but this team looks significantly worse than what we already have. Pierre isn't as good a lead of hitter as Podsednik. We got rid of Carlos Lee for a reason. Danny Graves as closer? You keep Shingo in a 'dream team'? Why is Ben Davis back? Joe Crede can't be a UTL infielder because he plays 3B and can't play SS and 2B effectively enough to be an actual normal option.  Luis Castillo doesn't seem as valuable as Iguchi does to me right now. Why the hell did you take Derek Lowe over Jon Garland? Contreras stays on the team??

This team doesn't make sense to me.

That quote is from Dec. 8th.

We didn't have Pierz, Pods or Iguchi yet.