Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ was on a team that lost 111 games . Clement was on a team that won MORE games than the White Sox and he had only 9 wins. How do you come up with 18 wins if he was on a worse team? How do you possibly think Clement is worth $9 million a year? Please refrain from calling me dumb anymore.

so based on ur logic, u view danny wright and kerry wood equally. because both of their career highs in wins r 14. is that wat ur sayin?

Bruce Levine NEW REPORT:

As heard on ESPN Radio 1000 Sportscenter update, Kenny will use the $6 M to target a starting pitcher.

if my math is correct he should have about 7-10m right? he was at 72 of the supposed 75 payroll, this saves him about 7m... that should get something done

YOu mean like Shawn estes?

15 - 8 with a 5.84 ERA last year for the Rox.

I don't really want him, either.

Good example. ;)

BTW, ESPN 1000 just said that the Sox now have $6 million. Kenny is most likely to spend that money in a SP. Does anyone know what O. Perez price tag is?

Go look at his run support for the 3rd time. If he had better support he would have won 15 easily.

But you can't guarantee his run support would have been significantly higher with the Sox, and if it was, you cannot predict the conditions under which he pitched would have added to his ERA. The guy has never won 15 games in a season, and he finished the season injured and worn down, just like the year before. He's a decent pitcher, he's just not worth $9 million a year.

Who was the last player to be named later in all of baseball that was not a minor leaguer? It does not happen.

gwerty or qwerty, I don't give a s*** who was or wasn't. I'm not an historian, I'm simply typing what I heard them say on the radio.

Don't much care if you believe it or not, k?

You guys are panning this deal and you don't even know what it is yet. As I said, we should wait and see. If you don't want to, that is fine by me.

can ne body clarify WHY a PTBNL is needed?  is there ne reason y they cant release is name?

PTBNL, usually becuase . . .

There may be some contract issues, or there is a small group of players and the Sox needed time for their scouts to weigh in. It may be pending some performance criteria and the player would come in next season or something like that. I remember one that the player would come from pool A if the team could negotiate a long term or player B if not.

Good example.  ;)

BTW, ESPN 1000 just said that the Sox now have $6 million. Kenny is most likely to spend that money in a SP. Does anyone know what O. Perez price tag is?

He made $5 mil last year. $6 or $7 mil should do it. Borass isn't his agent.

Add a run for being in the NL.  He is no where near worthy of $9M a season. 

See what changing leagues did for Clemans and has placed Maddux where he is.

I think KW may enter the Beltran race or Hudson.

You add about .35 of a run to .50 of a run to the average pitcher. Not a whole run.

Guys, just finished reading this book of a thread. Man, I really need to study more often.

At first I was a little pissed reading through the thread. Then I saw Vizcaino and Pos coming our way and when I read that Ginter was coming too I was really excited.

However I think thats debatable. And right now I think they are saying a PTBNL because the Sox have to make a roster move and pull someone from their 40 first. Then I think things will open back up. I'm assuming Paulino Reynoso is pulled from the 40.

This deal is something I like for two reasons, but as of now, it comes down heavily to who the Sox target and who the PTBNL is.

The Brewers happen to have an oustanding farm system, so if they are getting a very good prospect, I'm quite pleased with the deal. If they get Ginter I'm very excited about the deal as well.

I think Pos will probably hit .260 or so and have a poor OBP compared to what you'd like out of a leadoff hitter, but at the same time you can pencil in 50 stolen bases and he's going to help create some runs or at least score them.

It kills to lose Lee, as I'd rather of dealt Konerko, but the Sox are gonna save about 7 million and now should have roughly 10 million to toss around if they have a budget around 72-74 million.

What I do know is that the Sox all of a sudden have a very good bullpen. You don't know how happy this makes me cause I've long said the Sox need to add two good relievers and they have done EXACTLY that.

I'm hoping Odalis Perez inks a deal with the Sox.

gwerty or qwerty, I don't give a s*** who was or wasn't.  I'm not an historian, I'm simply typing what I heard them say on the radio.

You guys are panning this deal and you don't even know what it is yet.  As I said, we should wait and see.  If you don't want to, that is fine by me.

:lol: You sound like my dad, he always says just wait and see. It's the generation gap, I want to know NOW!

Thank god we are making changes.

Key phrase, right there.

Oh ...

"Please", Don't go gettin' all positive and happy on us, we prefer crabbylicious, that's your MO.

You know what I'm sayin' ...

gwerty or qwerty, I don't give a s*** who was or wasn't.  I'm not an historian, I'm simply typing what I heard them say on the radio.

You guys are panning this deal and you don't even know what it is yet.  As I said, we should wait and see.  If you don't want to, that is fine by me.

can you call me, I left you a message