Lee for SPod, Vizcaino, and PTBNL

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos is not just some Deer-ish "power hitter".  He gets on base regularly and has very low strikeout numbers considering his power.  His k/bb ratio is also pretty good.  That's valuable.

Problem is his dumb base running (or in some cases standing). I can't tell what I think of this trade until I see exactly what we got.

He was a one year wonder and everyone will realize that this upcoming year. Also he is a butcher in center.

out of his only 2 full seasons one was great ( .300+, 45+ SB ) one season was OK (.250, 70 SB, 85 runs on a s***ty offensive club)... and you say he was a one year wonder?

this guy has talent and could surpass all of your expectations and become a fan favriote.

Carlos Lee AND Willie Harris for Pods, Viz and Ginter.

That's the latest.

And an offer to Clement for 27M over 3 years with 3M in incentive.

-y2

I did not hear Willie's name, and where are u getting this information about Clement?

CWSOX45

out of his only 2 full seasons one was great ( .300+, 45+ SB ) one season was OK (.250, 70 SB, 85 runs on a s***ty offensive club)... and you say he was a one year wonder?

this guy has talent and could surpass all of your expectations and become a fan favriote.

.265 minor league hitter, spent 9 f***ing seasons in the minors.

yeah..but thomas is out for a while...and when he comes back where the hell is Carl going to play....they're both DH's.

I thought I read that Herm said he should be ready around Spring Training.

Edit: Yep, yep I did.

Even though manager Ozzie Guillen said designated hitter Frank Thomas could be out until June, trainer Herm Schneider said Thomas is progressing as expected and should be ready during spring training. ...

From the Cubune....

Just to calm my nerves, what do you all think the chances of us signing a SP are?

I just needed some reassurance.

The chances are very good.

Question is...who is it going to be?

Are we going to have an Odalis Perez or a Matt Clement or...I dunno, Pedro.

Res assured...we will sign a pitcher. Let's just pray...for Kenny's sake at Soxfest...that it is someone reputable.

ESPN.com has a headline that says the white sox joined the bidding for matt clement, but its one of their rumor central articles that you have to be a member for. does neone know who else is in the bidding and what the sox have offered.  possibly a link to that article.

Red Sox, not White. Say away from Clement. He won 9 games and is going to get $9 million. The Cubs had a better record than Sox and Garland won more than that.

Red Sox, not White. Say away from Clement. He won 9 games and is going to get $9 million. The Cubs had a better record than Sox and Garland won more than that.

Clement did have one of the worst run support in the majors last year. You have to factor that in. Just like people that think perez will only get 5-6 million next year because of his low win total. That is just foolish to beleive.

.265 minor league hitter, spent 9 f***ing seasons in the minors.

I don't know if this makes anyone feel better, but I talked to a guy at the Cougars game once, (where I worked) he said he had Podsednik live with him when he played with the Cougars (affiliated with the Marlins at that time.) He said the kid was not the most talented player in the world, but worked his a$$ off. That's the only reason he made it to the pro's. I like guys that work their asses off, I'm willing to give him a chance.

But jesus kenny sign a starting pitcher.

CWSOX45

are u dumb? look at his ERA, not to mention that he is a groundball pitcher. Hey kerry wood has the same career high in wins as garland. The cubs should do a wood for garland swap