• Sox got majorly fleeced
    • We got a true leadoff hitter!
    • I'm indifferent, wait until the season to judge

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t punch the ballot on your poll. I don’t really fit any of the choices. I’m happy with the trade. Players like Lee are a dime a dozen anymore. We got some speed, and are starting to move away from the homerun wagon that hasn’t worked the past few years in Chicago. Pods gives us some speed, a decent leadoff guy, and a threat on the basepaths. I’m okay with this right now; I just want to see us get a solid guy to put into the rotation w/ the extra cash.

The way I think about it is that Podsednik had a poor year last year, but so did everyone else on the Brewers. The entire team had a terrible approach, and facing power pitchers like guys from Cubs and Astros in 20 pct of your game won't help out your stats much. If this deal was Pierre instead of Podsednik, people would be thrilled. Yes, Pierre is better than Podsednik, but two years ago, Scott Pod was better. If we can get a solid player to be named later, and then sign a pitcher with the money, I will be a huge fan of this trade. No offense to Carlos, but we weren't going anywhere with who we had before this trade.

I'm just saying we lost about 20-25 a year with the losses of Maggs, Lee and the pickups of Dye/Pods. If Ginter comes, that will even out a little. What we didn't have was stolen bases or a shut down bullpen. we do now. We can throw a lot of different looks at an opposing team out of that bullpen.

This is a wait and see deal. I need to see who the PTBNL is and what the Sox do with the money.

The Sox should be able to add two more pieces now this offseason plus whomever the PTBNL is.

If somehow they are getting Ginter as the PTBNL (which is a possibility), regardless I do expect another quality player coming the Sox way...and then they go Perez and Pyrz then I'd call it a hell of a deal.

This is assuming that Ginter can play 2nd base and play with Willie. You could have Ginter split time amongst 3rd and 2nd depending on how those guys are doing.

Could you imagine an offseason:

Sox lose Lee, Maggs

Gain: Dye, Hermy, SPod, Vizcaino, Ginter, O. Perez, and Pyrz

They would have the holes filled at the top of the order, in the infield, behind the plate, in the pen and in the rotation. Kenny would of filled every hole with a 75 mill payroll.

You'd still have question-marks and guys would still have to produce, but I'd be very very very pleased with that offseason. I doubt it goes that perfect the rest of the way, but the next step is getting a good starting pitcher and I'll be really excited if they pick up Perez.

This is a wait and see deal.  I need to see who the PTBNL is and what the Sox do with the money.

The Sox should be able to add two more pieces now this offseason plus whomever the PTBNL is.

If somehow they are getting Ginter as the PTBNL (which is a possibility), regardless I do expect another quality player coming the Sox way...and then they go Perez and Pyrz then I'd call it a hell of a deal.

This is assuming that Ginter can play 2nd base and play with Willie.  You could have Ginter split time amongst 3rd and 2nd depending on how those guys are doing.

Pyrz and Perez and Ginter. Oh my!!! I'd take that and call it an offseason.

This is a wait and see deal.  I need to see who the PTBNL is and what the Sox do with the money.

This is assuming that Ginter can play 2nd base and play with Willie.  You could have Ginter split time amongst 3rd and 2nd depending on how those guys are doing.

Could you imagine an offseason:

Sox lose Lee, Maggs

Gain: Dye, Hermy, SPod, Vizcaino, Ginter, O. Perez, and Pyrz

They would have the holes filled at the top of the order, in the infield, behind the plate, in the pen and in the rotation.  Kenny would of filled every hole with a 75 mill payroll.

You'd still have question-marks and guys would still have to produce, but I'd be very very very pleased with that offseason.  I doubt it goes that perfect the rest of the way, but the next step is getting a good starting pitcher and I'll be really excited if they pick up Perez.

Even if ginter is in this deal which i don't believe he is. His three year splits against lefties are not exactly great. But it is an improvement over willie, but who isn't an improvement over willie against lefties?

Even if ginter is in this deal which i don't believe he is. His three year splits against lefties are not exactly great. But it is an improvement over willie, but who isn't an improvement over willie against lefties?

Don't look at his 3 year splits, look at his 2 year splits because he's been relatively similar the past two seasons.

This past season he was outstanding versus left handed pitching and will be going to a better lineup and a better hitting park.

I do agree though, their is no guarantee he's a part of this deal. Odds aren't too good, but if he is this deal looks more then solid to me, especially when factoring in the money.

Cause that money will give the Sox enough to fill their remaining two holes (SP and C).

Quick question for those who absolutely hate this deal...

How the hell did Podsednik steal 70 bases with only a .314 OBP?

The guy is just that talented at stealing bases, something this team doesn't have. Hell, I love to watch him play just because of that. Now to think how many he could steal with a decent OBP? Maybe 80-90, possibly 100 if he gets on base at an amazing clip.

I personally don't think this is going to be a todd ritchie-esque deal when it's all said and done. CLee, for all of his numbers, had his faults. I was never able to get over the fact that his plate discipline is flat out awful. Is he talented? Yes, but I think I'd rather see a "smart" player in Podsednik...especially when he's 6mil cheaper. Plus he could teach willie a thing or two about stealing bases.

Who knows what's up the Sox sleeve...so like Jason said it's wait and see. However, for the time being I'm content with adding a leadoff hitter to our team. We haven't had a good one in a long time. Also, don't forget our bullpen now has two proven righties, marte, shingo, politte and cotts. That's pretty damn good.

I like the trade, but I do hope that KW does something with the money saved. The Sox really need to sign another SP. I'm hoping that this happens with the reported $7 million they are saving with this deal. I'm guessing that the Sox are not in the running to sign Clement, although he would be great. Who else is out there...a quality SP that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? There really hasn't been any grumblings about the Sox pursuing anyone, but you never know. KW could pull a deal out of his rear to make us all smile...well, at least most of us.