Another Trade???

soxfan3530

I take no value in information posted on a Cubs message board.  Even if ESPN radio is listed as a reference.

However, I'll humor this deal:

Money avaialble from Lee trade + 12 million (Konerko & Garland) leaves 20 million to spend on available talent.  Delgado and Clement/Perez suddently becomes realistic.

You'd only add one since they would be adding Burnett. But they'd be able to sign one of them, Delgado and then a middle infielder.

Wouldn't be a bad deal. However I highly doubt it gets done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm long time reader, but I have never posted. However i do want to make it clear that the 3 to 4 team trade is on espn insider (take it for what it is worth) under Randy Johnson rumors and it is from today. I also saw someone post this trade on the whitesox.com forum site.

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

Big day around here. Keep coming back!

I'm long time reader, but I have never posted. However i do want to make it clear that the 3 to 4 team trade is on espn insider (take it for what it is worth) under Randy Johnson rumors and it is from today. I also saw someone post this trade on the whitesox.com forum site.

Welcome aboard. :cheers :cheers

Thanks for that info. This makes that deal more interesting. Financially it gives the Sox plenty of flexibility and gives them what I consider an ace starting pitcher.

Burnett should be better this season as he's further removed from his injury and is quite affordable. The Sox would obviously have to pick up Delgado or another proven bat as well as picking up a middle infielder and a FA starting pitcher.

Don't know if KW is this ballsy. But Delgado would OWN at the cell.

This deal would make the Sox serious players in all the remaining FA's as well cause they'd have plenty of cash.

Well then check that. This deal makes some sense, with the Dbacks getting the guys they originally wanted but I don't know why the Marlins get involved.

Karsay could give them a legit setupman if healthy but thats a lot of cash going their way.

I would like the idea of AJ Burnett though.

well i guess we all got what we wanted a busy off-season with all likelyhood of either 1 more FA signing or one more trade coming... if Konerko is traded next talk about a change in team philosophy... the only thing that worries me is that the Cell is a hitters park and we are losing all our hitters.

this was on cubstalk. take it for what its worth but god i hope its not true.

White Sox involved in another trade?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yankees Trade Vasquez and Karsay to Marlins. Yankees Trade Gordon to Diamondbacks. Marlins Trade A.J. Burnett to White Sox. White Sox trade Garland and Konerko to Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks trade Randy Johnson to Yankees. Reported on ESPN Radio....Said deal is almost done....

Yankees' Board

Any thoughts on that deal? I would assume the NYY is paying nearly all of Vazquez salary and probably sending some cash somewhere else in the deal.

We trade 2 players for AJ Burnett? :unsure:

Garland and Konerko for Burnett. Well I guess it's not Javier Vazquez, but i'll still like to squeeze an extra prospect out of the deal at least. I think Burnett will rebound and have a huge season next year though.

Stil ldoesn't help the Sox get a fifth starting pitcher.

Bob

A few things:

*I can see the sox wanting a LH hitting power threat for a little more than PK's salary.

*FLA wants a SP who's a healthy lock like Vazquez [with cash coming in from NY, his contract is OK] AJ isn't a sure thing yet would be a good risk for the Sox at a little more than Garland's salary. Yet AJ could be the #2, #3 SP with his stuff. And a far better value with more upside than a FA SP like Clement or Odalis Perez.

*The sox could get a #5 SP for cheap, an innings eater who gets bypassed/ non-tendered and use the savings from PK and Garland on Delgado [we know how once KW gets a player on his brain, he doesn't let go, and Delgado has been on his brain]

In reading the Cubs board I am laughing histerically. They are complaining about having to face Lee a dozen more times next year. Yay, go Cub Killer! :)

Also, this thread was from a link on a Yankees board. Here

I thought about the Cub killer thing yesterday. If you think about it, with them facing Lee so many times and if the division race is close, he could almost singlehandedly bump the Cubs out of the race.

If the Sox can swing Konerko's salary and Garland's "potential" in a trade of such suitors and magnitude, one would think KW would also squeeze out at least a decent prospect and/or another bullpen arm, and not just Burnett.

Either way, hella good things to be done w/ all of that salary they would potentially have opened up.

*FLA wants a SP who's a healthy lock like Vazquez [with cash coming in from NY, his contract is OK] AJ isn't a sure thing yet would be a good risk for the Sox at a little more than Garland's salary. Yet AJ could be the #2, #3 SP with his stuff. And a far better value with more upside than a  FA SP like Clement or Odalis Perez.

But in this trade, the Sox are giving up MORE for Burnett (garland and konerko) than the Marlins are giving up for Vasquez (Burnett and getting Kartsay back). Since Konerko and Garland are going to Az, WE could cut the Marlins out and get Vasquez instead of Burnett AND get Kotsay.

And since the only Marlin player in the deal is coming to the Sox, why would we want them in the trade at all?

But in this trade, the Sox are giving up MORE for Burnett (garland and konerko) than the Marlins are giving up for Vasquez (Burnett and getting Kartsay back).  Since Konerko and Garland are going to Az, WE could cut the Marlins out and get Vasquez instead of Burnett AND get Kotsay. 

And since the only Marlin player in the deal is coming to the Sox, why would we want them in the trade at all?

I haven't read all the "fine print" of this proposed trade, but most of this is speculation anyway. My basic premise that FLA wants more of a proven SP, who could be locked up for a few yrs, like Vazquez, still holds. They were willing to pay Pavano $8 mill a yr for 3 yrs, why not spend it on Vazquez?

The Sox getting a younger cheaper guy with a lot of upside [with some risks] makes sense in some respect over getting Vazquez, a high paid guy for 3 more yrs who's still a risk.