• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

now, see...

i have a surefire way to get clement to sign here

do you talk to clement about signing here? NO!!!

do you talk to his agent about signing here? NO!!!!

soo, ladies and gents, you may be asking....

HI8IS: WHO DO WE TALK TO THEN!?!?!?!?!

the anwser my friends is simple.... you talk to HIS WIFE!!!!

you tell her, look slut (errr, i mean mrs. clement) *cough* we uh, need your huband to pitch for us... and you like our city.... and we'll give him 7 million a year... in addition to that we will give him bonus incentives.... AND

in addition to that, we'll give YOU 1 million a year...

so, be a b****, cry, kick, scream, threaten to divorce him... do what it takes, get him to sign this contract

no, go KW... do it and you will be rewarded

Gotta love it when people grab situational stats and attempt to use them in order to make a point valid.

Only when doing so, completely invalidates anything they were trying to say.

I'll take this into my own hands and make a true comparison here.

I'm really happy Buehrle had a 2.77era on the road, but we play a lot of games at home, too.

Buehrle : 16 W, 10 L, 3.89ERA, 245 IP, 257 H, 168 K, 1.26 WHIP, (( .271 BAA ))

Clement : 9 W, 13 L, 3.68ERA, 181 IP, 155 H, 190 K, 1.28 WHIP, (( .229 BAA ))

Buehrle eats innings in comparison, yes...even I will admit I love that, however...what I do not like is the BAA Mark Buehrle put up as compared to the fact that Clement keeps people OFF the bases, and in the case people get on base, Clement can get the K when necessary.

I have nothing against Buehrle, he is a GREAT pitcher, and a lefty...I love having him on the Sox...but to say he's better than Clement? Perhaps I should retract my earlier statement that Clement is any better than Buehrle as they seem VERY comparable all things considered.

-y2

Gotta love it when people grab situational stats and attempt to use them in order to make a point valid.

I'm really happy Buehrle had a 2.77era on the road, but we play a lot of games at home, too.

Buehrle eats innings in comparison, yes...even I will admit I love that, however...what I do not like is the BAA Mark Buehrle put up as compared to the fact that Clement keeps people OFF the bases, and in the case people get on base, Clement can get the K when necessary.

I have nothing against Buehrle, he is a GREAT pitcher, and a lefty...I love having him on the Sox...but to say he's better than Clement?  Perhaps I should retract my earlier statement that Clement is any better than Buehrle as they seem VERY comparable all things considered.

-y2

Buehrle is better then Matt Clement, I don't even think there is an argument there. I too really like Clement but he's not Buehrle, I 3.89 era pitching at the cell in the al, is better then a 3.68 era pitching at the urinal in the nl.

Buehrle is better then Matt Clement, I don't even think there is an argument there.  I too really like Clement but he's not Buehrle, I 3.89 era pitching at the cell in the al, is better then a 3.68 era pitching at the urinal in the nl.

Buehrle also has 60 more innings pitched....so he's more durable. The WHIP is the same...so BAA in a sense just equals out cuz Clement walks more people. So basically both him and clement put the same number of players on base per IP

I'm sure, at least I hope, that the Lee trade was done in part to free up cash for a starting pitcher. Now, I also hope that KW has something in the works. It seems to me that Clement may be that thing in the works. If the top offer on the table right now is somewhere in the neighborhood of $7 million a year for 3 years, then I think the Sox have a decent chance to sign him. But, the Sox are not known as big spenders, so if another team throws out $9 million a year or a four year contract, the Sox won't land him.

I'm hoping that they do sign him. He's a strikeout pitcher and could easily give the Sox 12 to 14 victories. A rotation of Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras, Clement, and Garland could truly make the Sox contenders in 2005.

He's a strikeout pitcher and could easily give the Sox 12 to 14 victories.  A rotation of Garcia, Buehrle, Contreras, Clement, and Garland could truly make the Sox contenders in 2005.

He's more of a groundball pitcher, lots of sinkers and sliders. Electric stuff, could win as many as 20 games or as few as 9 (as we saw last year). It all depends on what kind of run support he receives and whether or not he remains healthy, factors that effect all pitchers. He's definately a third starter, ahead of Contreras in the Sox scheme.

I have nothing against Buehrle, he is a GREAT pitcher, and a lefty...I love having him on the Sox...but to say he's better than Clement?  Perhaps I should retract my earlier statement that Clement is any better than Buehrle as they seem VERY comparable all things considered.

-y2

That road ERA doesn't tell you anything? Put him in a neutral stadium and he's a Cy Young Award candidate.

You initially stated that Clement is much better than Buehrle. Then you say that Buehrle is great. What does that make Clement? :rolly

Like I said, absurd baseball thoughts.

I doubt we're gonna get Clement. With Pedro leaving the Red Sox, they will target Clement. That's two big spenders going after the same guy...the Red Sox and the Angels. Plus, the Braves are back in the Hudson game. We probably can't match up with them, unless we give them some big time prospects. I'm with Chisoxfn...let's get Perez. Lefty, gb pitcher. Or trade for a big one.

Buehrle at home:

IP: 129

ERA: 5.02

WHIP: 1.42

BAA: .306

HR allowed: 22

Buehrle on the road:

IP: 116

ERA: 2.63

WHIP: 1.07

BAA: .229

HR allowed: 11

I have said time and time again on here how disgusted I am with USCF. I'd take a wrecking ball to tha place if I had the option. We might as well just play our games at Lane Tech. ;)

Matt Clement

Before the AS break:

IP: 117

ERA: 2.17

WHIP: 1.18

BAA: .217

K: 123

After the AS break:

IP: 63

ERA: 5.09

WHIP: 1.46

BAA: .250

K: 67

You can't ask for $8 to $10 million per year after having that bad of a second half, injury or not. I'd like to see him in a Sox uniform, but for much cheaper than what he's asking.

Buehrle had a pretty darn good year last season and I think he's going to get better. He seemed to up his strikeout number and refine his sinker which was missing for a couple year period.

I'm excited about him and I hope Garcia is 100% cause he has phenomenal stuff. Get another guy to go with them and then I am pretty happy with Jose and Garland behind them in the rotation.

And I LOVE the bullpen.