Sox Eye Clement

DBAHO

I thought the same thing, let's hope they don't have the last laugh by signing a certain former Sox right fielder....Oooooh EE Oooooooh, Ooooooh No.

I thought about Maggs in Wrigley too. I don't think it will happen but then again....i think Maggs' knee won't bee the same again. so he won't either.

juddling

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about Maggs in Wrigley too.  I don't think it will happen but then again....i think Maggs' knee won't bee the same again. so he won't either.

juddling

I think IF the Cubs can unload Sammy and they fail to get Beltran, then Maggs becomes a real possibilty for them. Of course he would have to pass a physical and settle for a one year deal. If it turns out that he's healthy, he'll go on a tear and it might be the best move for them actually.

Let's get Clement.

Matt Clement is not worth $9M a year. They should pitch the idea they traded Lee to open $7M for him and offer 3 years $21M.

They should then offer Anderson or BMac and Garland for Burnett.

I would like Lowe but I get the feeling Boras is keeping him out until the last day possible to get a desperate team that needs a guy (i.e. Boston.)

I like the fact that we have nobody really overpaid right now and think we should keep it that way.

Matt Clement is not worth $9M a year.  They should pitch the idea they traded Lee to open $7M for him and offer 3 years $21M.

They should then offer Anderson or BMac and Garland for Burnett.

I would like Lowe but I get the feeling Boras is keeping him out until the last day possible to get a desperate team that needs a guy (i.e. Boston.)

I like the fact that we have nobody really overpaid right now and think we should keep it that way.

If we can sign Burnett, that's okay

Otherwise, no more top prospects for short term rents. This team isn't WS ready yet

Lowe really had a lousy year last year until the playoffs - I don't know about him.

Who is B Mac by the way? He's routinely mentioned, but I don't know who he is.

If we can sign Burnett, that's okay

Otherwise, no more top prospects for short term rents.  This team isn't WS ready yet

Lowe really had a lousy year last year until the playoffs - I don't know about him.

Who is B Mac by the way?  He's routinely mentioned, but I don't know who he is.

The closest thing we have to a ML ready pitching prospect.

Who is B Mac by the way?  He's routinely mentioned, but I don't know who he is.

Brandon McCarthy

Nice article

Along the way, McCarthy compiled a 17-6 record with a 3.14 ERA, which put him third among White Sox farmhands behind Tracey and Felix Diaz. McCarthy's victory total ranked him second throughout all of the minor leagues, but his 202 strikeouts left him No. 1. It's an impressive total for a pitcher who features a fastball in the 89-to-93 mph range, uses his sharp-breaking curve as an out-pitch and really just started feeling comfortable with his changeup in 2004 after adopting a new grip during Spring Training.

The closest thing we have to a ML ready pitching prospect.

Brandon McCarthy is an unproven major league pitcher who the whitesox didn't even know they had until last year, who is now there top minor league pitching prospect and whom they hope will not turn into a arm casuality like Kris honel, Lorenzo barcelo, Corwin Malone, or a bust like Scott Ruffcorn. He is supposedly a Sure thing, someday, probably when all the kids on this board are out of college and I am old and in the hospital with a heart problem.

To go with what they say, he's the best pitching prospect in the organization and tore through the minors last season with stops in Kanny, WS, and then Bham.

I think he'll start the year again in Bham, but I'm one of the few that does. I think he could use a little more time there. Has fantastic control and attacks hitters. Limits hits and has been a strikeout machine in the minors. I think he's led the minors in K's most every year (although I don't think he got it this year).

His big pitches are the fastball, curve, and changeup (which is turning into a good pitch). His changeup is really helping his arsenal.

Him and Sean Tracey are the best two starting pitching prospects the Sox have at this point, imo. But they have a lot of guys who with good years can move themselves up. But as of this point none rank near where Bmac does although I think Tracey has a high ceiling and then some of last years draft class (lumsden, Gio, Liotta) and then you have Rodriguez and Haig down in Kanny who I think have a shot.

Then of course Diaz and Munoz who at best are 5th starters, imo, but have a shot to be quality relievers.

Brandon McCarthy is an unproven major league pitcher who the whitesox didn't even know they had until last year, who is now there top minor league pitching prospect and whom they hope will not turn into a arm casuality like Kris honel, Lorenzo barcelo, Corwin Malone, or a bust like Scott Ruffcorn. He is supposedly a Sure thing, someday, probably when all the kids on this board are out of college and I am old and in the hospital with a heart problem.

Nah, not a sure thing. Mark Prior, he was a sure thing, imo. And even then you don't know. But Bmac pitches with poise and command and thats why I think so highly of his chances.

There is no such thing as a sure thing, even if you are talking about a proven major league winner. The next pitch they throw may be their last. Minor leaguers are even more of a longshot. Even the best of them. That is why KW has traded Jeremy Reed (still an unknown), Royce Ring (Unclaimed Rule 5er), Anthony Webster (same as Ring), Tim Hummel (released by Reds) and so on and so forth.

I know....Just emphasizing how the Sox over evaluate there players.

But over the years I notice guys that say fly under the radar in their system tend to do pretty well. Buehrle, Ordonez, Lee to be specific.

I think Bmac and Tracey fit that bill.

I really dont' think the Sox hype there guys too much, although they do hype Anderson more then my liking. But BA, they have become a hype machine. Still got great info but the more I learn about the minors the more my mind differs from the stuff they write.

Still, I think its so key to have a strong farm system cause it gives you options, whether you can use a rookie to help your club or use them to give you a veteran boost via trade.

But over the years I notice guys that say fly under the radar in their system tend to do pretty well.  Buehrle, Ordonez, Lee to be specific.

I think Bmac and Tracey fit that bill. 

I really dont' think the Sox hype there guys too much, although they do hype Anderson more then my liking.  But BA, they have become a hype machine.  Still got great info but the more I learn about the minors the more my mind differs from the stuff they write. 

Still, I think its so key to have a strong farm system cause it gives you options, whether you can use a rookie to help your club or use them to give you a veteran boost via trade.

I truly agree, i like a strong system, but I think the Sox and many times people on boards, not just here, fall in love with alot of unproven players. many things can happen to these kids. People cry when they are traded only to find that most are never seen again. I don't understand the Green sarcastic thing, but my email, albeit truthful was a bit sarcastic. I could really care less about these minor league players unless they can play in the majors. Royce Ring where are you. We all cried, and now nothing.

I don't know how 17-6 record with a 3.14 ERA 202 strikeouts is over-evaluating, the stats speak for themselves.

I'm ready to see how he does in Charlotte in the 1st part of 2005. Maybe he can be in the MLB rotation by July.  :pray

Yea thats what they said about Honel, then he got hurt, hey what were corwin malones early stats, Scott Ruffcorns. Royce Ring,Point being, I don't care unless they are on the team. Otherwise they are just trade bait.

I truly agree, i like a strong system, but I think the Sox and many times people on boards, not just here, fall in love with alot of unproven players. many things can happen to these kids. People cry when they are traded only to find that most are never seen again. I don't understand the Green sarcastic thing, but my email, albeit truthful was a bit sarcastic. I could really care less about these minor league players unless they can play in the majors. Royce Ring where are you. We all cried, and now nothing.

Nah, I never cried over Ring. Thought the Sox may of given up too much for Webster when they include Rupe, but other then that never had a problem.

I think if your going to deal one of your top few prospects though, that you should get a guy thats more then just a rent a player, unless your talking about a legit guy that can bring you the series.

Getting Garcia was fantastic and as much as I hate the fact that the Sox are saddled with Everett he was still a solid pickup at the time a few months ago cause Rauch was nothing and while I am a fan of Majewski, it was a solid pickup.

Sox needed to see if they could make the playoffs. This season I like the chances a lot better cause it seems like they'll have a team at the start of the season and then won't have to make a move just to make the playoffs, but hopefully will be making a move to ensure a World Series :headbang

I should add I'd deal any trio of prospects for Huddy if the Sox are willing to sign him to an extension. God would I love Hudson.

Nah, I never cried over Ring.  Thought the Sox may of given up too much for Webster when they include Rupe, but other then that never had a problem.

I think if your going to deal one of your top few prospects though, that you should get a guy thats more then just a rent a player, unless your talking about a legit guy that can bring you the series.

Getting Garcia was fantastic and as much as I hate the fact that the Sox are saddled with Everett he was still a solid pickup at the time a few months ago cause Rauch was nothing and while I am a fan of Majewski, it was a solid pickup.

Sox needed to see if they could make the playoffs.  This season I like the chances a lot better cause it seems like they'll have a team at the start of the season and then won't have to make a move just to make the playoffs, but hopefully will be making a move to ensure a World Series  :headbang

I should add I'd deal any trio of prospects for Huddy if the Sox are willing to sign him to an extension.  God would I love Hudson.

Don't worry knowing the sox majewski will be back

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Angels' offer to Matt Clement is worth $21 million over three years.

It's going to take more than that now. It's believed that Toronto has a better offer on the table, and Cleveland, which is near Matt Clement's home, has made a similar proposal. The Red Sox, White Sox and Dodgers could also be in the running for Clement. Dec. 14 - 2:58 pm et

I'll take Clement, better stats than Buehrle by far

I open up this thread and BAM! right off the bat I'm hit with absurd baseball thoughts. Buehrle had a 2.77 ERA on the road...in the American League!

Are you sure that you're a Sox fan?

This is why I usually stay away from these threads. ;)

From rotoworld.com...

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Angels' offer to Matt Clement is worth $21 million over three years.

It's going to take more than that now. It's believed that Toronto has a better offer on the table, and Cleveland, which is near Matt Clement's home, has made a similar proposal. The Red Sox, White Sox and Dodgers could also be in the running for Clement. Dec. 14 - 2:58 pm et

Source: Los Angeles Times