Fabio Castro

CSF

A small blurb in Phil Rogers weekly column:

Keep your eye on Fabio Castro, a little lefty in the White Sox's system who is having a solid winter in the Dominican Republic at just 19. He's been lightly pitched by the Sox thus far, going 21-7 in the low minors, working mostly as a reliever

A lot of people here really like Castro going into last season. He's Arnie Munoz like, with a small build. He had numbers of 1-1 2.35 ERA in Winstom - Salem, and 4-0 in Kanny with a 3.00 ERA. He should start next season with either the Warthogs and Barons, and with the lack of good lefty relievers in the system, he could move quickly if he continues to post good numbers at every stop.

Ahhh yes, it was truly a great day when I was searching through random stats a few years back and was like holy f*** Mike check out this Castro guys numbers. We just figured he was roster fodder and then saw he was an 18 year old lefty at the time.

Fab's got some potential, but you got to wonder about durability. It will be good seeing how he does at the higher levels, but I don't know if he'll pitch much in Bham this year or not. I'm assuming he'll start the season in WS.