Bears Draft Pick Poll

Lotsa holes to fill so where do we begin?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Lotsa holes to fill so where do we begin?

• Offensive Lineman
    • Wide Reciever
    • QB
    • Defensive Line
    • Secondary

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
Okay wasnt sure if it was SOS or if it was coin toss.

Also, the chart gives list of values:

Last years trade was:

1 for, 4 a 3rd round pick, and a 1st and 5th next year.

That is:

3000 pts for, 2255 this year, and a 1st and 5th next year, so anywhere between 3000 and 600.

And no way can we get both 1st rounders, and a 3rd, 2 1sts are already heavily in our favor, let alone a 3rd on top.

SB

im pretty sure that they would get both Dallas picks and another pick on top if they traded down with them.. especially if they feel the player they want is a must have and the Bears play hardball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just do not expect another team to significantly over pay, especially when I am trying to predict what a team is going to do.

Can I hope the Bears sucker some team into a ridiculously painful trade?

Sure.

But I will play with the numbers I have and try and use real scenarios. Notice how the Bears Jets trade is numerically similar to the chart, where as your suggestion is over 200+ in the Bears favor.

Also who are the Cowboys going to be so hard on for at 4?

Leinart will be gone, Rodgers makes me think of Kyle Bowler.

SB

So for all the fans of this, why should I be excited about the Bears trading down? Last time we traded down for Grossman and Haynes -- is that really better than Leftwich, or Suggs? As much promise as Grossman has, he hasn't proven anything yet, and Haynes isn't a starter. IMO, the risk is worth it -- I can imagine that Rolle and Johnson and at least a couple wr and perhaps both tackles will be gone by our first pick if we trade down.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 2, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
I just do not expect another team to significantly over pay, especially when I am trying to predict what a team is going to do.

Can I hope the Bears sucker some team into a ridiculously painful trade?

Sure.

But I will play with the numbers I have and try and use real scenarios. Notice how the Bears Jets trade is numerically similar to the chart, where as your suggestion is over 200+ in the Bears favor.

Also who are the Cowboys going to be so hard on for at 4?

Leinart will be gone, Rodgers makes me think of Kyle Bowler.

SB

Well for starters, I never said Dallas WAS going to make that trade it was just a scenario.. Also, that little draft chart thingy, NFL GM's dont sit around with it and say "Oh wait, thats +200 for them, f*** this.. were done talking" It all depends on how bad they wanna move up and what they will be willing to give up to make sure they get that pick..

Also, Rodgers has great mechanics and a strong arm.. you may think he is like Kyle Boller.. but other GM's might regard him higher..

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
So for all the fans of this, why should I be excited about the Bears trading down?  Last time we traded down for Grossman and Haynes -- is that really better than Leftwich, or Suggs?  As much promise as Grossman has, he hasn't proven anything yet, and Haynes isn't a starter.  IMO, the risk is worth it -- I can imagine that Rolle and Johnson and at least a couple wr and perhaps both tackles will be gone by our first pick if we trade down.

Realistically I do not see the Bears trading with either SD or Dallas.. so pretty much what they can do is trade down a few spots pick up some later round picks or they can just take who they want at #4

Like I said, they have some options with that pick

Dallas doesn't have a 3rd rounder in this year's draft, they traded it for Drew Henson. And I can't see them trading up for a QB, it's more likely Vinny will play for another year, or Parcells will try to sign a Dilfer or Kitna instead if Henson still isn't ready. If they do trade up, it'll be for Rolle the CB.

Looking at this Bears team the O line has been the biggest problem. But it is also missing two starters who have been lost to injury this year (Brown and Tait), and two more starters who have had long term injuries and are obviously out of shape (Tucker and Columbo) so I think the players and depth are there, as long as they can get healthy. I think one of Tucker/Columbo will end up a cap casualty though.

There is no doubt in my mind the Bears need a WR worst of all right now. The guys they have are overmatched right now. They need someone, whether that is a Mike Williams through the draft or a Muhamed through FA, they have got to make WR their #1 priority.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 05:49 AM)
Dallas doesn't have a 3rd rounder in this year's draft, they traded it for Drew Henson. And I can't see them trading up for a QB, it's more likely Vinny will play for another year, or Parcells will try to sign a Dilfer or Kitna instead if Henson still isn't ready. If they do trade up, it'll be for Rolle the CB.

I think Kitna would help Dallas immensely.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)

How can you think they dont need a QB? Especially being a Dallas fan you have to see that they need a franchise QB, and Vinny, Dilfer, or Kitna.. well they dont cut it..

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 10:54 AM)
heres my offseason moves

Trade future first round to san diego for one of their two first round picks,

draft

mike williams

braylon edwards

FA

sign walter jones or orlando pace

sign jeff garcia

The likelyhood of that happening is pretty much close to no chance in hell..

For Chicago to get one of San Diegos picks, it would cost them their 2nd this year and their first next year.. and actually would prolly cost more if they were going for the #8 pick which I think is SD's earliest pick.. so they would have 2 first round picks and nothing more till the 4th round..

Walter Jones and Orlando Pace will more than likely be franchised, like they are every year.. so that would also cause a problem..

and you have Rex Grossman, you dont need Jeff Garcia

Since Jimmy Johnson, I would say most GM's have had draft charts. They may be slightly different, and the values can be changed depending on who they think will be at a certain pick.

IE: If they think the best player in the draft will be at 4, they may pay 2-3 value if the higher picks are unattainable and 4 is the only position that you can take that player.

A lot of things have to shake out, most importantly Rodgers rating. If hes top 5, the Bears are pretty set as for who we can take. If hes not, Rolle, Johnson, or an OT may be gone before 4 comes around.

SB

I kind of agree with Jackiehayes.

In 2003, most likely we would have grabbed Leftwich/Suggs at four, rather than Grossman & Haynes. Would we have been in a better situation had we grabbed Suggs?

I think so, but I could be wrong.

The way I see it, Suggs would have either stayed at end, or moved to OLB -- so today, we'd be sitting with Suggs/Urlacher/Briggs. But we wouldn't have a QB.

Had we grabbed Leftwich, we'd have had a franchise QB (or at least a QB to develop for the next couple years), we'd be set at ends (I'm assuming the Booker/Ogunlye trade still goes down), but we'd be missing a linebacker.

I dunno, I just think if you have a chance to grab an impact player, you do it. Mike Williams is an impact player. I really hope we don't miss out on one, especially at four...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
I kind of agree with Jackiehayes.

In 2003, most likely we would have grabbed Leftwich/Suggs at four, rather than Grossman & Haynes.  Would we have been in a better situation had we grabbed Suggs?

I think so, but I could be wrong.

The way I see it, Suggs would have either stayed at end, or moved to OLB -- so today, we'd be sitting with Suggs/Urlacher/Briggs.  But we wouldn't have a QB.

Had we grabbed Leftwich, we'd have had a franchise QB (or at least a QB to develop for the next couple years), we'd be set at ends (I'm assuming the Booker/Ogunlye trade still goes down), but we'd be missing a linebacker.

I dunno, I just think if you have a chance to grab an impact player, you do it.  Mike Williams is an impact player.  I really hope we don't miss out on one, especially at four...

I agree with you too, I wanted the Bears to get Suggs so bad, but they didnt :angry:

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 3, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
we would of been so set if we did take leftwich.. we really dont need haynes at all and wth the pick this year since we had a QB of Leftwhich quality take the LB from Texas because Leftwich is the type of QB who can work with junk WR's.

Jacksonville has way better WR's than the Bears do.. so I wouldnt say Leftwich works with junk..

I think you need to see Grossman for a full year before people start callin for a new QB

The funniest thing about the Bears drafting Grossman instead of Leftwich was because the Bears were worried about Leftwich's health. Now look at it, Grossman can't stay healthy and Leftwich has been a stud. As for the draft, if the Bears do trade down hopefully the go strictly O line. Get an O Tackle and guard. You can never go wrong with build a strong O line!!