Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like my contract at work is definitely going to be extended for a month at least, and possibly for quite a while after that. The department I work for is being taken over in Feb by a branch of a major bank down here (mainly because we've increased revenue by almost 33% in 2005), and the manager wants me to at least come and work at the new office until I have to go back to Uni.

Of course there's 2 options from this, and I can just finish my studies this year and not worry about it, or I can go part - time for both in March if they want me to stay on after that, and I won't finish my studies until 2007. Of course since experience is so vital in the field I'm workin in (finance), most likely headin towards the latter at this stage.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
Son of a b****. Turns out I'm wrong. I need to win one of the two games coming up.

You might want to get some help from actual football players

When the f*** did Blockbuster begin charging $8.00 for video game rentals? I haven't rented a video game from there in several months, so obviously it occured sometime during this transition period. It's unbelievable. I'm surprised never to have heard any public outrage concerning this. Sounds like Blockbuster trying to screw the consumers again.

There I am waiting in a 20 minute line with Shadow of the Colossus in my hand, when I'm shocked to notice a $7.99 rental fee on the checkout monitor. The dufus behind the counter reacted like I was crazy when I asked him, "I thought video game rentals were $5.00?" Since I only came with five I couldn't even rent the game. They just lost my business.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
When the f*** did Blockbuster begin charging $8.00 for video game rentals? I haven't rented a video game from there in several months, so obviously it occured sometime during this transition period. It's unbelievable. I'm surprised never to have heard any public outrage concerning this. Sounds like Blockbuster trying to screw the consumers again.

There I am waiting in a 20 minute line with Shadow of the Colossus in my hand, when I'm shocked to notice a $7.99 rental fee on the checkout monitor. The dufus behind the counter reacted like I was crazy when I asked him, "I thought video game rentals were $5.00?" Since I only came with five I couldn't even rent the game. They just lost my business.

But you can still return it, like whenever you want right? :D

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)

The biggest rip off is they charge like $5.00 per movie, no matter how old the movie is.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)

For about two months now. It was 6.99 for a three month period or so before that. It has not been five in probally a year and a half at any of the blockbusters by me... to be honest with you.

Shadow of Colossus is redirkulous but it is never f***ing in... always pisses me off. Same goes with prince of persia the two thrones.