Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:41 AM)
Here's Hoping. :cheers

BTW, there seems to be a screwy feature on the revamped site. Consecutive posts made by the same poster in a thread are automatically merged into a single post. At east that is my experience right now.

Is this intentional?

See? The reply to Queen in this post was actually it's own post, then the quip about the automerge was another. This line is supposed to be its own post as well, but I bet it gets merged as well. . .

Yep.

So stop trying to run up your post count. :)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)

BTW, there seems to be a screwy feature on the revamped site. Consecutive posts made by the same poster in a thread are automatically merged into a single post. At east that is my experience right now.

Is this intentional?

See? The reply to Queen in this post was actually it's own post, then the quip about the automerge was another. This line is supposed to be its own post as well, but I bet it gets merged as well. . .

Yep.

Is this a way to not carry on conversations with themselves in a thread?? :D

We call it the Southsider rule :P ... In reality its to prevent spamming through running up your post count.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
We call it the Southsider rule :P ... In reality its to prevent spamming through running up your post count.

Ah, nothing wrong with a little home field advantage is there, Mr. 40K+?? :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Ah, nothing wrong with a little home field advantage is there, Mr. 40K+?? :P

Heh. I like it, personally. It still registers as a new post to people who haven't seen the addition, when someone adds on in that way. I don't know what it does to post count or anything.

However, I do know that posts will be seperated if written by the same person, if there's enough time between the 2 posts.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
Heh. I like it, personally. It still registers as a new post to people who haven't seen the addition, when someone adds on in that way. I don't know what it does to post count or anything.

However, I do know that posts will be seperated if written by the same person, if there's enough time between the 2 posts.

I only noticed because I came into the thread to post one thing, then saw a post I wanted to reply to, and then when I tried posting what I had initially meant to post it got thrown into the reply post and it was a wholly unintended (and inappropriate) non-sequeter.

Long story short (I know, too late!), I came on to post something I found humorous about an inuendo-laden gays in the military headline I read, and it got pasted into the Brain [sic] in the Fire Dept. reply, and it seemed to be an odd response to Queen's post. Not wanting to offend an unknown but no doubt significant number of gay firefighter Soxtalkers, I deleted my quip about the headline. :ph34r:

It is now funny to me and me alone. In other words, business as usual. :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
Hey if the Sox can use the 10th man to their advantage... :lol:

Just don't try using fire hoses for foul lines. . . :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
I only noticed because I came into the thread to post one thing, then saw a post I wanted to reply to, and then when I tried posting what I had initially meant to post it got thrown into the reply post and it was a wholly unintended (and inappropriate) non-sequeter.

Long story short (I know, too late!), I came on to post something I found humorous about an inuendo-laden gays in the military headline I read, and it got pasted into the Brain [sic] in the Fire Dept. reply, and it seemed to be an odd response to Queen's post. Not wanting to offend an unknown but no doubt significant number of gay firefighter Soxtalkers, I deleted my quip about the headline. :ph34r:

It is now funny to me and me alone. In other words, business as usual. :)

Nice. :lolhitting

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 09:42 AM)

Is this intentional?

Yep.

Is this a way to not carry on conversations with themselves in a thread?? :D

I noticed this a few days ago, but I figured it was a mod or admin with too much time on their hands. Never occurred to me that it was a feature of the new software.

QUOTE(SnB @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
just in case you were wondering, working for a baseball team is as cool as you'd think.

You don't have to tell me, Brother. B) B)

You are talking to to the assistant coach of THE T-Ball Braves.

No autographs, please. :D

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
You don't have to tell me, Brother. B) B)

You are talking to to the assistant coach of THE T-Ball Braves.

No autographs, please. :D

Been there. Done that. I miss those days.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
Family over career success, my friend. You'll never regret making that choice.

I already have been involved in youth sports for years. I have volunteered as a ref and coach for a long time now, as working with kids at that level is just awesome. I just can't wait until its time to watch my own grow through stuff like that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 26, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
I already have been involved in youth sports for years. I have volunteered as a ref and coach for a long time now, as working with kids at that level is just awesome. I just can't wait until its time to watch my own grow through stuff like that.

Before I moved to Kentucky, I managed a team of 13-15 year olds when I was 17. Took a team that was picked to finished last to the championship series. Then I moved down here and played 12" softball until my boys were old enough for T-Ball. My time was done and it was their time. I managed and/or coached for 11 summers with approximately 100 games a summer between my two boys. It came to an end when my youngest died. The oldest, like me, had difficulty dealing with going to the ballpark. But I gotta tell ya, it was fun while it lasted.

You guys should try coaching a group of 14 to 16 year old hormonal female endurance athletes. Frustrating and fantastic in equal measures. Why is it that no matter what time of the year it always rains when were out running?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 26, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
Why is it that no matter what time of the year it always rains when were out running?

Because you live in England? :D

Or, maybe you are, like a Douglas Adams character, a rain god and the clouds simply want to be near you?