Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 29, 2006 -> 05:38 PM)
Because tennis is awesome?

Let me be more honest about my tennis skillz (and my friend's), we spent most of the time running after balls after we lobbed them out of the court. Although the guys on the next court actually stopped playing to watch us. So, um, tennis loosely defined although highly enjoyable.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 29, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Although the guys on the next court actually stopped playing to watch us.

You are drifting dangerously close to losing your feminist card . . .

Oh my! It's sooooo hoooot, my blouse is clinging to me, just look

QUOTE(Soxy @ May 30, 2006 -> 04:43 AM)
So hot. Why did I agree to play tennis close to midday on the hottest day of the year. Ich.

I had a choice b/w that and Basketball both outside in the freezing cold today. I should have picked Tennis. :crying

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 29, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)

You are drifting dangerously close to losing your feminist card . . .

Oh my! It's sooooo hoooot, my blouse is clinging to me, just look

No, I think we were entertaining for other reasons. Like sheer lack of talent.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Anyone still play Goldeneye? Everyone is home from school, and a few of us got out the old 64, and started playing it again. Its amazing how good that game still is..

Haha, the complex with proximity mines = $$$$$

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
Anyone still play Goldeneye? Everyone is home from school, and a few of us got out the old 64, and started playing it again. Its amazing how good that game still is..

mario kart is timeless

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 30, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)

YOU JUST f***ING INSPIRED ME

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

My employer wins one in court, or rather before it got to court.

Supreme Court refuses to take up Boy Scout case

By Gina Holland

Associated Press

May 30, 2006

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court rejected an appeal Tuesday from an atheist

father over Boy Scout recruiting at his son's public school.

John Scalise had asked the court to bar public schools from opening their

doors to Boy Scout recruiters and promoting membership, arguing that the

group discriminates against nonreligious boys and parents by denying them

membership if they don't swear to religious oaths.

Scalise's dispute with the Scouts dates back to 1998, when his son was a

third-grader in Mount Pleasant, Mich.

He claims he and his son were barred from a Scout program at the

elementary school because they would not pledge "to do my duty to God and

my country." They are nonreligious Humanists.

Michigan courts ruled that the school-Scout partnership did not advance

religion in violation of constitutional dictates.

Attorneys for the Scouts and Mount Pleasant school system told justices

that the appeal was frivolous.

A Michigan appeals court said that Mount Pleasant schools allowed other

organizations to use class facilities, including a hospital group, an

Indian tribe, a Baptist church, and a hockey association.

Scalise argued that his son, Benjamin, was taunted by classmates and

humiliated by a Boy Scout recruiter in front of other students. Benjamin

Scalise is now 17.

The Supreme Court's last Boy Scout case was in 2000. Justices ruled 5-4 at

the time that the Boy Scouts can bar gays from serving as troop leaders.

The ruling was written by Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, who died

last year.

Scalise's attorney, Timothy Taylor of Mount Pleasant, said taxpayer-funded

schools are too cozy with the Boy Scouts.

"It's going on all over the country and has been for decades," he said.

The case is Scalise v. Boy Scouts of America, 05-1260.

OK.. enough is enough.

Earlier this month step daughter's 2 year old beagle drops dead...the next day, my grama passes away. Last week we find out that step son's wife (who is 29 weeks along) is having early contractions and issues with her cervix... this after a year of Jim's mom having major heart surgery, his aunt dying from cancer (7 weeks after being diagnosed), and the birth, and death, of Joey...

So now step son's wife was admitted to Edward last night and is being shot up with steriods to speed up the lung development in little Mia because they think she might deliver "soon"...

This is getting re-god-damn-diculous.... :crying

QUOTE(SnB @ May 31, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
prayers go out to you steff, it just never seems to end for you :(

His aunt was 81, and my grama was 76 so those I can deal with. But this stuff with the babies... good grief.

A very large dark cloud over Jim's kids... :unsure:

QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2006 -> 07:16 AM)
OK.. enough is enough.

Earlier this month step daughter's 2 year old beagle drops dead...the next day, my grama passes away. Last week we find out that step son's wife (who is 29 weeks along) is having early contractions and issues with her cervix... this after a year of Jim's mom having major heart surgery, his aunt dying from cancer (7 weeks after being diagnosed), and the birth, and death, of Joey...

So now step son's wife was admitted to Edward last night and is being shot up with steriods to speed up the lung development in little Mia because they think she might deliver "soon"...

This is getting re-god-damn-diculous.... :crying

Prayers and hugs are out. I know exactly where you are coming from on this.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 31, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
His aunt was 81, and my grama was 76 so those I can deal with. But this stuff with the babies... good grief.

A very large dark cloud over Jim's kids... :unsure:

The horror and seeming senselessness of human suffering is magnified so much when it affects children. You and Jim and your family will be in my thoughts.

*TEXAS BALANCE*

Once upon a time in the kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael the Archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired of God. "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" Inquired Michael as still confused about the whole affair.

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth but cold and harsh while southern Europe is going to be poor but sunny and pleasant. "I have made some lands abundant in water and other lands parched deserts. This one will be extremely hot and while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to an extremely large land mass and said, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's TEXAS -- the most glorious place on earth.

There are beautiful beaches, streams, hills, and forests. The people from TEXAS are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I put in AUSTIN."

Um, I don't know if I'm the only one who finds this funny, but the headline for the Sox loss in the Tribune is "Shooting Blanks." I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw this.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of why my N64 won't play on my t.v.? The system turns on, so I know it works, but nothing comes up on the t.v. I changed my t.v. to channel 3, which is what I always do for video game systems, and plugged in the game system to connect to the t.v., but nothing was coming up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Um, I don't know if I'm the only one who finds this funny, but the headline for the Sox loss in the Tribune is "Shooting Blanks." I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw this.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of why my N64 won't play on my t.v.? The system turns on, so I know it works, but nothing comes up on the t.v. I changed my t.v. to channel 3, which is what I always do for video game systems, and plugged in the game system to connect to the t.v., but nothing was coming up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Don't you have like a red, yellow and white cords you have to plug in on your TV or VCR somewhere? Maybe they're not in correctly or something. I had that problem a few years back when I actually played my 64.