Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 12, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
I have actually started watching those two shows - first network series that I have watched in several years.

Other than American Idol, it's the only tv I watch. They're pretty clever for tv shows. And they are always good for a few laughs.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 11, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
What argument? He should pay, and I believe I said f***ing loser for not supporting his child. I also hope he is visiting the child and plans to make a lifelong emotional commitment as well. Please don't try and make something out of this that isn't there.
:rolly Rich.

My response was specific to this comment

"Why can't all people be more careful who they decide to make babies with?"

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
:rolly Rich.

My response was specific to this comment

Rich :rolly Women shouldn't be careful :headshake

My comment was specific to your statement below. She just met, she also chose to have unprotected sex. I believe they are both adult humans with the same ability to think. I hold her equally responsible.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 10, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
OK asshole... here's a reality check for you.

YOU chose to have sex with someone you just met and YOU chose not to wear a condom... YOU also chose to support that child... so, get your sorry ass away from the payroll department and take your pathetic threats to someone who gives a s***. If your SORRY ASS had paid your child support - a measly $57.00 a week - like you agreed, we wouldn't have to GARNISH your paycheck. Loser!

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 12, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
You disagree with that statement in regard to this specific woman? She just met him, she chose to have unprotected sex. I am saying she also should have been more careful. Again, tons of empathy for the child, zero for these two adults.

I did no such thing. I disagree with your assumption that it's just folks who engage in this behavior that treat their kids like s*** by not supporting them - which is what you implied when stating

Thus replying with (sic) "People together years do the exact same thing."

How long folks are together doesn't mean s***. You play, you pay.

Rich :rolly My comment was specific to your statement below. She just met, she also chose to have unprotected sex.

And she is paying for making that choice by supporting her child with the most resistance from this mf'er. Unlike some.... I don't judge the decisions people make in their personal lives, but I sure as hell will voice my opinion on what pathetic assholes they are when they don't take responsibility for those actions.

Rich :rolly Women shouldn't be careful :headshake

Some men shouldn't be such stupid assholes... one can hope can't they. :rolly

ETA the word "some". I know plenty of men that do support their children without being forced. God bless 'em.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Some men shouldn't be such stupid assholes... one can hope can't they. :rolly

ETA the word "some". I know plenty of men that do support their children without being forced. God bless 'em.

By quoting me, you are leaving an impression that I somehow disagree with him supporting, that is not the case. I believe he is a pathetic loser for not offering monetary support and having to have his wages withheld.

I didn't intend to suggest that accepting responsibility for a child is somehow determined by the curcumstances of the conception. It is probably more an issue of the individual. I also believe the odds are better when the child is a result of a long time committed relationship.

I believe men and women should be equally responsible in reproduction and sexual rights. Everyone should be careful. Some more than others. You are correct the years together shouldn't matter, but it does. Notice how you pointed out

YOU chose to have sex with someone you just met
I think we all would agree that in that situation, having sex with someone you just met, you should be extra careful. Even more so in our society when the principle child care falls on the mother much more than the father.

Yikes.. talk about making more of something.

Kinda sorta but not really related... when are the Soxtalk awards and I was dared to ask if Post Whore of the Year be added?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
They aren't towards year end I believe.

On a separate note, wite and I had the greatest AIM chat ever.

Was that before or after you slammed your face in the bathroom door... ;)

Anyone know if the # after PFC in addresses to those in the Army stay the same forever even if they change rank? Also, is there a default address to mail stuff to them if you no longer know where they are stationed - or if they are even sill active? TIA

I started a new reply... so why are they in the same one up there? ^^

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:15 AM)
What happened dude?

My mom has breast cancer. :(

My parents have known for about a month but they didn't tell me cause they didn't want me to get freaked out with finals and s*** coming up. It was such a weird feeling when she told me, I didn't know what to do.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 12, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Yikes.. talk about making more of something.

Kinda sorta but not really related... when are the Soxtalk awards and I was dared to ask if Post Whore of the Year be added?

:lolhitting Classic. No one makes that maneuver better. In fact it should be known as getting "steffed on". Awesome.

Kinda sorta but not really related . . . the upgrade changed slightly the ignore function. To use the feature, go to

Enter the screen name of the person you wish to ignore.

If you do it properly, it should look like this

soxtalk.jpg

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)

My parents have known for about a month but they didn't tell me cause they didn't want me to get freaked out with finals and s*** coming up. It was such a weird feeling when she told me, I didn't know what to do.

:pray :pray

Thoughts and prayers man, that really sucks. Be strong.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)

Sorry to hear that. :pray