Wow, Cub Fans Giving Major Props to the Sox

shagar69

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
some suprising comments there....every cub fan i know just says 'how could you guys get rid of lee?'

idiots

That's cuz they know they're going to have to see him 18 times a year now instead of 6.

There are baseball fans who root for the Cubs, I like those guys. You can have a decent conversation, sjare in each other's misery and frustration. Then there are the Cub fans who think a squeeze play has something to do with a mustard bottle and a suicide play is driving to the Cell :chair :fyou

QUOTE(shagar69 @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
3 or 4 guys have already called in saying that theyre tired of the cubs not making any moves, lying to the fans, not listening to the fans, keeping sosa.  They also gave props to the sox saying that they have made moves, treat the fans better. I love it!! :finger the cubs

I like that picture from Stuff Magazine.

I also like giving it to the Cubs.

Bob

Maybe cub mgmt just refuses to acknowledge the existence of the STL Cards:

their biggest rival that won 105 games last year. It seems that way.

It seems they built a team to beat Pitts, Milw, Cinn but ignore both Hou & Stl.

Hou will fall to earth. Having lost the Rocket & Beltran you can't keep a high.

But STL seems to just re-tool year after year. If they body shops, STL is constantly upgraded their rod while the cubs seem to just do routine maintenance on theirs.

All that being said, they sure do acknowledge the Cards when it comes to ticket prices :D

Maybe cub mgmt just refuses to acknowledge the existence of the STL Cards:

their biggest rival that won 105 games last year. It seems that way.

It seems they built a team to beat Pitts, Milw, Cinn but ignore both Hou & Stl.

Hou will fall to earth.  Having lost the Rocket & Beltran you can't keep a high.

But STL seems to just re-tool year after year.  If they body shops, STL is constantly upgraded their rod while the cubs seem to just do routine maintenance on theirs.

All that being said, they sure do acknowledge the Cards when it comes to ticket prices :D

you mean the cards who lost their middle infield this offseason???? They subtracted a pitcher, and added one, but lost probably the second best shortstop in the league. I would say that in their division, everyone has pretty much stayed the same or gotten worse, I cant honestly see anyone who has improved.

Next to the Yankees and Red Sox, the Cubs have to draw the 3rd biggest crowds in MLB. They treat their ballpark renovations like a band-aid on an open wound, and they gouge their ticket prices to ridiculous proportions........and yet the people still buy them and sell out. They could've had Beltran and kept Sosa for one more year but I honestly don't think the Tribune wanted to pony up that type of cash. The Cubs organization clearly doesn't think too highly of their fans.

honestly, if i was cub management i think i'd conduct business exactly the way they do.

they can make few moves, ignore the community, attempt to rip off their fans on ticket sales through shady schemes, try to pass off a broken-down and dangerous ballpark as "quaint" and people will still pack that place.

what's the incentive for cub management to improve the club? no good businessman is going to pour money into a product that's making huge profits. the cubs are more than a baseball team, they're an image and as long as that image is perpetuated those sheep will continue pouring into that park, slugging back old style and waiting for some has-been to sing the seventh-inning stretch.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
honestly, if i was cub management i think i'd conduct business exactly the way they do.

they can make few moves, ignore the community, attempt to rip off their fans on ticket sales through shady schemes, try to pass off a broken-down and dangerous ballpark as "quaint" and people will still pack that place.

what's the incentive for cub management to improve the club? no good businessman is going to pour money into a product that's making huge profits. the cubs are more than a baseball team, they're an image and as long as that image is perpetuated those sheep will continue pouring into that park, slugging back old style and waiting for some has-been to sing the seventh-inning stretch.

So if you were a Cub fan, you would say they need to f***ing win and stop playing like stupid bastards? :P

lmao!

god, i never thought that quote would live on in infamy. i gotta be careful drinking and posting.

and no, if i was a cub fan i'd just be talking about ron santo or a goat or something. i probably wouldn't realize a game was going on.

Not all Cub fans are stupid. There are actually quite a few that do know a thing or two about baseball..... a few are members of my family. And those fans are just as upset this offseason as I was last offseason AND the Cubs have made more moves this offseason than the Sox did last offseason.

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Not all Cub fans are stupid. There are actually quite a few that do know a thing or two about baseball..... a few are members of my family. And those fans are just as upset this offseason as I was last offseason AND the Cubs have made more moves this offseason than the Sox did last offseason.

I agree, I'm friends with quite a few very intelligent Cub fans, who also watch other teams/keep track of other teams. Personally, I do not mind Wrigley, definatly NOT a place to bring kids (if you have any), however, for a young adult/adult, it's a great place to watch a ballgame-that is-if you really pay attention to the game. Believe it or not, there ARE Cub fans that do watch the games. Every team has it's fair share of idiots, including the Sox, I really hate it when "fans" of other teams say all Sox fans are thugs, so it's equally annoying when I see people say things like all Cub fans are stupid and don't know a thing about baseball.

As a purist fan of baseball, Wrigley IS a great place to watch a ballgame.

But Comiskey is still the greatest baseball show on earth.

You may now proceed to pummel me for saying the unthinkable about Wrigley. :)

:stick

-y2

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
I agree, I'm friends with quite a few very intelligent Cub fans, who also watch other teams/keep track of other teams.  Personally, I do not mind Wrigley, definatly NOT a place to bring kids (if you have any), however, for a young adult/adult, it's a great place to watch a ballgame-that is-if you really pay attention to the game.  Believe it or not, there ARE Cub fans that do watch the games.  Every team has it's fair share of idiots, including the Sox, I really hate it when "fans" of other teams say all Sox fans are thugs, so it's equally annoying when I see people say things like all Cub fans are stupid and don't know a thing about baseball.

-y2

Y2HH you pretty much hit it on the head. But what's the fun in that. Let the cub bashing continue ....... :fthecubs :sosasucks

-y2

Well if you like the smell of urine, falling concrete, and weeds on the walls then I guess its a good place to see a game.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
Next to the Yankees and Red Sox, the Cubs have to draw the 3rd biggest crowds in MLB.  They treat their ballpark renovations like a band-aid on an open wound, and they gouge their ticket prices to ridiculous proportions........and yet the people still buy them and sell out.  They could've had Beltran and kept Sosa for one more year but I honestly don't think the Tribune wanted to pony up that type of cash.  The Cubs organization clearly doesn't think too highly of their fans.

The grubs were actually 6th in attendance behind the Jankees, Dodgers, Angels, Giants and Phillies. The RSox were 11th.

I was at a plumbers bar last week and heard a new nickname for the Shrine, they call it the Green Latrine.

With all of this Cubs talk/Cubs bashing, I have one thing to add:

It's not the Cubs that kept us out of the division race last year, it was the Twins, combined with the Sox falling flat like 20 minute old RC cola.

We play the Cubs 6 games per year, and although they are considered a rival...they are a intra-city rival, which comes second to a division rival. It comes second to the Twins.

The Twins and their park are what suck...domes/turf have no place in baseball.

The HHH Metradome.

More like the HHH MetraDON'T...am I rite?

-y2

-y2

I totally agree with you. It is nice to take in a game at Wrigley for the sole fact that it's still one of the original ballparks. However it needs some severe renovations to it in order for it to last.

If not for the thousands of idiots hanging around I might actually take in a game there sometime.

RobinVentura23: I got that same Robin Ventura "Legends" magazine that you have for your logo. Bought it for $15 at a card shop. That magazine was only suppose to be available at a National Sportscard Convention show in Chicago one year in the early 90's I think.

It's one of my most favorite collectable items & I got a room full of them...mostly White Sox stuff. :)