41 members have voted

1. 1. What resolution do you use?

• Less
    • 640x480
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x1024
    • More

We've been talking about some ways to make things a little neater on the board and an idea a lot of us came up with is restricting the size of sigs. I'm not talking about making them miniture, but allowing it where the height can only be so much. I'd say 99% of all sigs would fit in the height requirements.

The overall opinion is that this will make it a lot easier to scroll through threads and keep things neater. I also have adjusted it where the Soxtalk Awards don't appear on the left hand side, so that will shorten up the empty space that was showing up for those posters.

Anyway just wanted to see what everyone would think about something like this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
We've been talking about some ways to make things a little neater on the board and an idea a lot of us came up with is restricting the size of sigs. I'm not talking about making them miniture, but allowing it where the height can only be so much.  I'd say 99% of all sigs would fit in the height requirements.

The overall opinion is that this will make it a lot easier to scroll through threads and keep things neater.  I also have adjusted it where the Soxtalk Awards don't appear on the left hand side, so that will shorten up the empty space that was showing up for those posters.

Anyway just wanted to see what everyone would think about something like this.

Early today i took out the big quote and added a couple others. I think it would be a fine idea. Sure cannot hurt any. The digs do not affect my load time by i can understand that it does for some people.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
There are a few sigs that stretch out board horizontally.  Qwerty's, YASNY's, and Flasoxjim's just to name a few.

Does it do that to everyone or just you? Because no sig on here stretches it out for me.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I have to admit I  had to stop viewing sigs because it slows the hell out of my puter....most are cool but they take friggin forever to load sometimes...

i vote on no 2 sigs either :P

Having alot of posts per page like 30 or so makes scrolling a real chore. I think sigs and avatars are a part of our individuality on this board that just needs to be kept within reasonable dimensions.

If there are any good ideas for width and height please suggest them. I'm thinking maybe 400 to 500 max for height in pixels. Width doesn't really affect me so those of you with 800x600 or 640x480 (God help you) need to chime in on that. I've added a poll to get a rough idea of what people use.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
I altered the link in my sig.  Does it still stretch out on any of your computers?  :huh:

it doesn't stretch out the board, it just goes the full length of it as it did before. qwert's only goes about 3/4 the width of the board. that's what i meant before...

Although I like to read the various sigs, I've turned them off for the reasons Chisoxfn listed. Even the most creative and funny ones get annoying when you need to scroll through them 10 -20 times in a thread.

Is there a configuration where sigs would appear the first time a user posts in a thread but not repeat? Or something like that?