Sox Needs Power Hitter and Middle IF

Winnin Ugly

I thought Carl was Franks replacement...

Like it or not he's getting 4 Mil so we might as use him.

As for the middle infielder we have two options there. We can either sign a starting secondbasemen which would mean that Valdez has to be on the roster and Harris has to be either traded or sent to AAA. Option 2 would be signing a utility infielder/bench guy and letting Harris start or platoon with him.

I wouldnt mind Carl being Frank replacement but that weakens our bench. Thats why I like to see the sox add another great hitter so we can have a solid team from top to bottom...

As for 2B if we get Iguchi that would make Willie coming off the bench we would have such a deep team in talent

We should get power by upgrading 3B at trade deadline...get some vet who will be FA after this year at 3B at trade deadline

Until then, hope and pray we can win games 4-3

Clearly if we do get Iguchi, the only place we can put a power hitter without losing the speed, def etc we got at other positions is by upgrading 3B....unless Crede becomes a 35 HR guy this year :huh

Our lineup will definitely be a good mix of power, speed and obp guys if we do sign Iguchi. I am not giving up on Crede yet. He still has a chance to become a great source of power for our lineup. Beltre had the same problems, cant live up to the hype but last year he finally had a break out year.

Crede is a very interesting player. From weight management to his long swing, it seems as if his problems are all fixable but that has not been the case.

His play in september was great, and was what wouldve been the ideal situation all season. 30 hr, 90 rbis, 70 runs, 275 average over a whole season approxamately.

Also, his hitting drastically declines as he falls farther back in counts. He does not know how to hit with two strikes.

Anyways, my point is, his problems are fixable and we can only hope he took this off season to fix them and then some.

The sox are fine in the power dept. They have more than enough guys to hit over 20 hrs--Uribe, Rowand, Crede, dye, Frank PK, Everett.

An experienced middle IFer is more important. Rather than a power guy, a tablesetter/ #2 hitter would be far more valuable for 2b/ SS. Esp in case Pods doesn't come close to his 2003 yr.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
The sox are fine in the power dept. They have more than enough guys to hit over 20 hrs--Uribe, Rowand, Crede, dye, Frank PK, Everett.

An experienced middle IFer is more important. Rather than a power guy, a tablesetter/ #2 hitter would be far more valuable for 2b/ SS. Esp in case Pods doesn't come close to his 2003 yr.

Agreed, we have enough power.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 16, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
yeah unless we plan on trading everett in the package to get castillo (if we get him)

With Florida already having an outfield of Miggy Cabrera, Juan Pierre and Juan Encarcion, it's hard to really see them wanting Everett, unless they can get rid of Encarcion first. They need bullpen help, and another 5th starter could come in handy, since a lot of their starters get injured.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
With Florida already having an outfield of Miggy Cabrera, Juan Pierre and Juan Encarcion, it's hard to really see them wanting Everett, unless they can get rid of Encarcion first. They need bullpen help, and another 5th starter could come in handy, since a lot of their starters get injured.

alright i didnt think about that one, but miguel cabrera could play third base allowing everett to play outfield