Anyone else win a chance to buy cubs/sox tickets?

IlliniKrush

If you were at soxfest and filled out one of those cards with your info, you may be a winner, check your email. I forgot to check the list at soxfest (not that i knew where it was either), but got this email this morning:

You have won an opportunity to purchase tickets at to U.S. Cellular Field to cheer for your Chicago White Sox as they take on our cross-town rival Chicago Cubs. 

Purchase up to 4 tickets in the Upper Reserved section for one game during the 2005 Sox vs. Cubs Series at U.S. Cellular Field on Friday, June 24th, Saturday, June 25th or Sunday, June 26th. Tickets are $28 each with a limited number of tickets available for this promotion for each date of the series.  Orders will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.

Please present this letter along with a valid picture ID to the SoxFest Ticket window (January 14-16 only) or U.S. Cellular Field Box Office Window (January 14-21 only) to redeem your prize. This offer is only valid through Friday, January 21st at 6:00 pm and expires at that time.

Problem is, i'm in Champaign. You have to go to the friggin box office to buy tickets? Brooks Boyer, this is not one of your better ideas.

Thanks for the offer, but it says a valid photo ID has to be presented. I emailed whoever sent me this email, i'll probly email Brooks i guess.

I think this was a great idea to reward people at Soxfest, but i don't think it's very convenient to make it out to the box office for many of the winners.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
I got a reply that said to send my information to them via email and they'd mail me tickets. They seem to be on top of things.

you won't find that kind of customer service on the north side, or just about any other sports franchise.

:headbang

I won the chance to purchase three tickets to the May 30th game against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of Major League Baseball instead.

I think if I won the chance to pay the highest prices of the season to see the Sox play a team that almost everyone here supposedly hates or ignores AND that anyone in the Chicago area has a chance to see 81 more times per year if they choose to, I might just turn down that prize.

No offense intended to you, Krush, just saying that I find it funny that it's a coveted prize.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
You already have a ticket if you need it B.

Are you able to get extra tickets to those games? Besides opening day (even that's up in the air), that's really the only game that I can manage to go to each year.

With the new deal of only being able to get Cubs/Sox games through multi-game packages I'm pretty much screwed... :angry:

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Are you able to get extra tickets to those games? Besides opening day (even that's up in the air), that's really the only game that I can manage to go to each year.

With the new deal of only being able to get Cubs/Sox games through multi-game packages I'm pretty much screwed...  :angry:

Yea, I got extras for all 3.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Have him get them and either come to the games or sell them here or stub hub.

He is going to email and get them for Saturday or Sunday so I'll be able to go to one of the games.

I can go this weekend if you need someone to go for you...  You could try calling the team and see what they say.  Or email Brooks directly.

how about trying to find tickets that arent two miles from the field, the upper reserved area is being sold for this exact reason, there are still lots and lots that are available in the lower area, including if people cant use their season tickets.

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
how about trying to find tickets that arent two miles from the field, the upper reserved area is being sold for this exact reason, there are still lots and lots that are available in the lower area, including if people cant use their season tickets.

I think just being at a Cubs/Sox game is good enough for most, especially for myself, as I've never gone to one.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
Brian, I got your PM, and I'm in.

I'll definitely do that.

I know it's early, but I assume we'll be tailgating that game as well as Opening Day...?

awesome, i'm in w/ brian for both games as well. I'd be willing to bet that there'll be some massive tailgating for both games.