Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know if i should make a new thread for this or not but this will be pretty important come draft time. New amount of time at each position to become eligible.

At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

Please note the following conditions that apply to a player's position eligibility.

1. A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in Spring Training is playing "new" position, that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)

2. Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)

3. It is not possible to customize this setting within Custom Leagues. All leagues are subject to the same constraints.

Gaining eligibility at a new position:

If a position player makes five (5) starts or 10 total appearances at a new position during this season, he will become eligible to play that position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

To find the number of games in which a player has appeared at a certain position, click on their name. You will be taken to their Player Profile. From there, click on the "Career" link. You will be able to view the player's statistics for the season, and the number of games played at each position.

Players will not necessarily be eligible for all positions listed in their Player Profile.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I don't think any of that is new... Is it?

Last year it was ten starts for positions players or 15 appearences. For starters it was five starts and 8-10 relief appearances to qualify as a reliever. Trust me, i got this from a fantasy baseball message board and they are always ahead of peopel with this s***.

how we going to do this...you wanna see how many people return to the leagues...and the people that don't return you are going to replace?

If so I would take a place of someone in a head to head league...or be in a new head to head league that is live or autodraft....doesn't matter.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
how we going to do this...you wanna see how many people return to the leagues...and the people that don't return you are going to replace? 

If so I would take a place of someone in a head to head league...or be in a new head to head league that is live or autodraft....doesn't matter.

Auto drafts= teh su0rs. :puke

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)

Pretty much you hit it on the head. We are all going to talk to the people that were in our leagues last year and see if they want to again. First priority is to keep old leagues together. All leagues will have holes, and we will fill those with active posters. Then with the people left over, and I have a feeling that there will be a lot of them, we will form the new leagues. Last year it worked pretty well to keep the active posters in leagues, and let the newbies have a league of their own. That way if the newbs don't stick with it, it doesn't ruin it for the people who have put in some time and effort on this site. Those are the people who I am going to look after first.

Don't worry though. You have been around and posted for a while now, we will get you in a good league.

I'd like to join a Soxtalk league...head to head, daily, with a live draft would be the best..I've never done a Soxtalk league, but I've been doing fantasy baseball, basketball, and football on Yahoo for over 5 years now..so if yet another commish is needed, I'd be glad to help.

Opening day for fantasy baseball feb 17th.

NEW YORK -- MLB.com, the official website of Major League Baseball, announced today that Opening Day for the 2005 Fantasy Baseball Season will be next Thursday, February 17. On that day, MLB.com and its licensed partners, will unveil their new, exciting and expanded fantasy offerings for 2005, and fans around the globe will have the opportunity to begin assembling their fantasy teams for the upcoming season.

"An official Fantasy Opening Day is just the first step in significantly raising the visibility and expanding the fantasy baseball industry over the next few years," said Gregg Klayman, the head of MLB.com's fantasy baseball division. "There are millions of baseball fans out there who have never played fantasy, and our primary goal is to increase the number of fans who make fantasy an integral part of the way they enjoy and follow the sport."

Told you those guys are on top of this s***.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
BTW, for leauge 1, my dad last season was ColdSteel, he is out this season, so I would say we have about 4,5 openings it look likes for leauge 1, correct?

Damn I am glad you said that Tony. I was racking my brain trying to figure out WTF ColdSteel was :bang I am glad he doesn't want back in, as I figured it msut have been a banned poster, or someone who changed their name because I couldn't find anything about him. I already talked to Knightni, and he is taking that spot.

As of right now, we have 7 committments to league 1. I have PMs out to the other 5 people who were in the league, and will let everyone else know as we get closer to Yahoo sign ups.

In so far

Me

Bones

Tony82087

MrZero (whatever his name is now :bang )

DBAHO

Sox1422

Witesoxfan

And new for 2005

Knightni

Edited by southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Damn I am glad you said that Tony.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out WTF ColdSteel was :bang I am glad he doesn't want back in, as I figured it msut have been a banned poster, or someone who changed their name because I couldn't find anything about him.  I already talked to Knightni, and he is taking that spot.

As of right now, we have 7 committments to league 1.  I have PMs out to the other 5 people who were in the league, and will let everyone else know as we get closer to Yahoo sign ups. 

In so far

Me

Bones

Tony82087

MrZero (whatever his name is now :bang )

DBAHO

Sox1422

And new for 2005

Knightni

As dbaho said, i would like to be in league one if all possible.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 10, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
As dbaho said, i would like to be in league one if all possible.

You are on my list qwert. I have to see which replies I get back of people from last year, but I am guessing there will be at least a couple of spots open. I owed Knight a spot from last year, so he was first in...