Yahoo Fantasy Baseball sign ups!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 06:10 PM)
Just my opinion, but if a member here averages over 5 posts per day on Soxtalk, then they will probably be an active fantasy player.

If people don't have the time to post here, they might not have the time to be active in the fantasy league.

Not in all cases. Mike knows that I am an active Fantasy Player, but I definitely don't post 5 per day here. I read a lot more than I post.

I know :)

I just do not think that number of posts is a direct correleation to fantasy baseball activity.

Post totals count other forums besides the main sports forums, so a person could be racking up huge totals in Sex, Lies, Politics, but rarely read and post in the sport forums.

The only thing you can do is give people a chance and hope for the best, because last year when I got into league 2 I bet I only had 250 or so posts in 2 years.

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
I know :)

I just do not think that number of posts is a direct correleation to fantasy baseball activity.

Post totals count other forums besides the main sports forums, so a person could be racking up huge totals in Sex, Lies, Politics, but rarely read and post in the sport forums.

The only thing you can do is give people a chance and hope for the best, because last year when I got into league 2 I bet I only had 250 or so posts in 2 years.

SB

hey SB, you have a PM from me :)

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 11, 2005 -> 06:21 PM)
Well, it was just my general observation on gauging activity.

Nothing personal was meant. :cheers

Nothing personal taken. :cheers

I guess we are both going to be in league 1 this season so you'll be hearing from me a lot knightni.

i played yahoo 2 years ago and won the championship. last year was in a winner's league. but it wasn't it a soxtalk.com league.

i would be new to the soxtalk.com league. i would be very active, prolly too active, but oh well. 10 teams would be cool.

i would prefer a live draft as close as possible to start of reg. season(in case of injuries in spring training), head to head. no real preference on keeper's leagues.

i'm out

p.s. i got the wristband. thanx again.

An official announcement here...

League one is full. Amazingly 11 of the 12 people who played last year have returned. I have never seen anything like it in my long time playing fantasy ball... which dates back to the free days at Sandbox.com.

Cheat and 56789 are busy checking who from last year is repeating leagues 2 and 3. Soon they will be contacting people to fill in spots of posters who have no interest in playing again.

Also Knightni is busy filling league 4 as we speak. That league right now is almost all players who are playing in the Sim league. As soon as he gets confirmations he will be adding his group of players.

To those who have expressed interest, but haven't been assigned a league yet, it will be done soon. As soon as all of the old leagues committments have been confirmed or denied, we will know how many people are needed for the old leagues, and then we will know how many people will go into the new leagues.

And to anyone else who wants to play but has not said so yet, there is still plenty of time to let us know! Post you interest here ASAP!!!