alex escobar

thedoctor

QUOTE(ISF @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Carl's a DH. He'll only be in OF if someone gets hurt or is slumping badly.

I really think you will see

11 pitchers

Pods, Rowand, Dye, Everett, Perez

Crede, Harris, Iguchi (yeah I think it is going to happen) Konerko, Gload (who can also play OF) and Uribe.

The last roster spot will either be Valdez, Ozuna, or one of the new catchers.

Here's what I think the opening day roster will look like...

Rotation:

Buehrle

Contreras

Garcia

Garland

Hernandez

Bullpen:

Adkins

Cotts

Hermanson

Marte

Politte

Shingo

Vizcaino

Catchers:

Davis

Pierzynski

Infielders:

Crede

Gload

Harris

Iguchi

Konerko

Uribe

Outfielders:

Dye

Everett

Perez

Podsednik

Rowand

I don't see Escobar making the roster. Once Frank comes back, either Cotts or Adkins (probably Adkins since Cotts is a lefty) will be sent down.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
That would be "Perez" :bang

My bad I forgot to quote, I meant:

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
Figuring we only have 5 outfielders, I've got:

Aaron Rowand

Spod

J Dye

Carl Everett

Alex Escobar

I honestly am not a big Timo fan, or maybe we could teach carl to play third base and some infield  ^_^

DERP!

I forgot we filled both OF spots. Escobar will be at AAA unless somebody gets hurt.

If we sign Iguchi, Harris will be at AAA as well. He has no value as a utility IF, he can only play 2B. I expect Valdez to be the utility IF.

I forgot we filled both OF spots. Escobar will be at AAA unless somebody gets hurt.

If we sign Iguchi, Harris will be at AAA as well. He has no value as a utility IF, he can only play 2B. I expect Valdez to be the utility IF.

I say Escobar should be in triple-a all year, I want him playing and see what we got, Who knows we might have a dimond in the rough.. highly unlikely but we never know.

Escobar needs AB's, so he definitely won't be on the bench for the Sox. But the outfield situation for the Knights and Barons will be interesting to watch though. There are a lot of guys fighting for an everyday spot, including Anderson and Sweeney who should start the year with B-Ham, Thomas Brice, Casey Rogowski, Joe Borchard, Mario Valenzuela, Reggie Taylor and Scott Bikowski.

i'll be interested to see how taylor performs. i saw him play a few times with the reds the past few seasons and he always impressed me. can't say he was great but i thought he had a little potential still.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Escobar needs AB's, so he definitely won't be on the bench for the Sox. But the outfield situation for the Knights and Barons will be interesting to watch though. There are a lot of guys fighting for an everyday spot, including Anderson and Sweeney who should start the year with B-Ham, Thomas Brice, Casey Rogowski, Joe Borchard, Mario Valenzuela, Reggie Taylor and Scott Bikowski.

Why is Valenzuela even on the team anymore, he's been on the Knights for what seems like 10 years, he's always hurt, I don't think he'll ever make it to the show.