alex escobar

thedoctor

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Rogo is a Natural Firstbaseman.

Two things against that though, for this season at least. Travis Hinton will be the 1B down at B-Ham, and Rogo was moved to LF late last season for the Warthogs. Can't see any reason to change that for the moment, unless they decide Hinton can DH instead of someone like Tom Brice.

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
No doubt about that.

Spod

rowand

dye

perez

Everett

Gload

Borchard

All these guys would get OF playing time before Escobar would.

Escobar has to be ahead of Borchard unless he goes down to AAA and hits .350 + and 50 HR's. I think KW got Escobar and Timo as insurance against having to ever bring Borchard back to the big club.

Escobar needs AB's, so he definitely won't be on the bench for the Sox. But the outfield situation for the Knights and Barons will be interesting to watch though. There are a lot of guys fighting for an everyday spot, including Anderson and Sweeney who should start the year with B-Ham, Thomas Brice, Casey Rogowski, Joe Borchard, Mario Valenzuela, Reggie Taylor and Scott Bikowski.

i'll be interested to see how taylor performs. i saw him play a few times with the reds the past few seasons and he always impressed me. can't say he was great but i thought he had a little potential still.

Reggie Taylor was picked up by the Rockies...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...guenum=&id=6608

Latest News  Dec. 15, 2004 - 2:18 pm et

Rockies signed outfielder Reggie Taylor to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.

Taylor, who turns 28 next month, hit .274/.333/.486 with 21 steals for two Triple-A clubs last season. His defense in center makes him an adequate option as a fifth outfielder, and Coors Field turns him into something of a sleeper in fantasy leagues.

Source:  rockies.mlb.com

The Sox will not carry 12 pitchers - probably Adkins goes to Charlotte or is traded.

Escobar and Borchard start in AAA.

Even if Iguchi is signed, Harris stays. Noone knows how Iguchi will play here and Harris is a lefty bat and pinchrunner.

I would prefer to see a veteran ss backup but KW may have Ozuna and Valdez battle for that spot. I've never seen Ozuna but I've seen Valdez - so I hope Ozuna is better.

It's very doubtful that the Sox keep 3 catchers. Burke stays in Charlotte as insurance - as he should.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
The last roster spot will either be Valdez, Ozuna, or one of the new catchers.

I'd think Jamie is vying for that last spot. You don't bring Burke to soxfest and let him go to AAA Charlotte. Just my opinion because he stayed on the team longer than Borchard the other day.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 08:23 AM)
I'd think Jamie is vying for that last spot. You don't bring Burke to soxfest and let him go to AAA Charlotte. Just my opinion because he stayed on the team longer than Borchard the other day.

They have brought minor leaguers to Soxfest for years. There is no way they put Burke on waivers to bring him back again in 3 months.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
They have brought minor leaguers to Soxfest for years.  There is no way they put Burke on waivers to bring him back again in 3 months.

I believe the Sox taking Burke off the 40 was because there was the least amount of risk. They had to make room after signing AJ. They also were aware that Burke knows the Sox like him as a player, so it's in Burke's interest to resign with us. If things work out right, I can see the Sox putting him back on the 40 if they feel a need for him on the big club.

Definitely 11 arms & 14 bats (4 bench)

Rotation:

Buehrle

Garcia

Hernandez

Contreras

Garland

Ozzie's rotation ;) No skipped starts. No need for 12 arms w all the goofy off-days.

Bullpen:

Shingo

Marte

Hermanson

Vizcaino

Politte

Adkins - or the best performer in ST. I don't think he's guaranteed a spot.

Catchers:

Pierzynski

Bench - Davis

Infielders:

Konerko

Crede

Iguchi

Uribe

Bench - Harris, Ozuna, Valdez, FA - I don't think any one is guaranteed a spot here.

Outfielders:

Dye

Rowand

Podsednik

Bench - Gload - guranteed.

Bench - Perez - not guaranteed.

DH:

Everett

Despite the $ spent, Perez is not guaranteed a spot. KW has to evaluate the team's need for a solid UIF vs the luxury of keeping Perez or Harris on the 25 man roster.

Perez is tradeable has a LH bat who plays OF. Harris is tradeable as well. If the Sox sign a legitimate UIF FA who has shown their worth in ST one of these guys is likely gone.

Which means Escobar would have to beat out Gload to get on this team. Doubtful.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Definitely 11 arms & 14 bats (4 bench)

Rotation:

Buehrle

Garcia

Hernandez

Contreras

Garland

Ozzie's rotation ;) No skipped starts.  No need for 12 arms w all the goofy off-days.

Bullpen:

Shingo

Marte

Hermanson

Vizcaino

Politte

Adkins - or the best performer in ST.  I don't think he's guaranteed a spot.

Catchers:

Pierzynski

Bench - Davis

Infielders:

Konerko

Crede

Iguchi

Uribe

Bench - Harris, Ozuna, Valdez, FA - I don't think any one is guaranteed a spot here.

Outfielders:

Dye

Rowand

Podsednik

Bench - Gload - guranteed.

Bench - Perez - not guaranteed.

DH:

Everett

Despite the $ spent, Perez is not guaranteed a spot.  KW has to evaluate the team's need for a solid UIF vs the luxury of keeping Perez or Harris on the 25 man roster.

Perez is tradeable has a LH bat who plays OF.  Harris is tradeable as well.  If the Sox sign a legitimate UIF FA who has shown their worth in ST one of these guys is likely gone.

Which means Escobar would have to beat out Gload to get on this team.  Doubtful.

For one, perez is as guaranteed a spot of the 25 man roster as konerko is. He would be out fourth outfielder, not fifth. For two, what the hell kind of trade value does timo perez have? I say zip, zero, nadda, none.

This is what I see the 25 man roster looking like at the beginning of the season, I wish that there was room for Burke but I just don't see it happening.

25 man Roster:

Rotation:

Buehrle

Garcia

Hernandez

Contreras

Garland

Bullpen:

Takatsu

Marte

Hermanson

Vizcaino