Tadahito Iguchi Signed

chisox2334

Wow this is beyond belief. I can't wait til Spring Training when we get to see all these new guys in Sox uniforms. I really hope this guy can stick it to Matsui and the Mets and show the country how a Japanese infielder can play. Shingo should help this guy to adjust and damn I am excited right now.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at school...has ESPN Radio even said ANYTHING about this? I just sent an email to Mac Jurko and Harry's show complaining about Levine and discussing how this off-season is successful and that I hate the Tiny Ones accessive whining and how Jerk-O reads emails, :cheers

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm at school...has ESPN Radio even said ANYTHING about this? I just sent an email to Mac Jurko and Harry's show complaining about Levine and discussing how this off-season is successful and that I hate the Tiny Ones accessive whining and how Jerk-O reads emails,  :cheers

It's nice that you wrote a letter whining about how you hate someone who whines.

I dont think there is anyway that Ozzie puts Iguchi into the 2 spot right away. He might, stress might, end up there, but I don't think that Ozzie will or should take the chance right off the bat. Why put more stress on Iguchi than needed? Let him adjust to MLB in the 9th spot for a while. It's not like we are dying for a 2 hitter. Uribe or Rowand can more than handle that spot. I think one of the reasons Kaz Matsui hasn't developed is because he was thrown to the wolves and had an enormous amount of pressure on him to be the man. I still think Uribe or Rowand will be the 2 hole hitter come opening day.

I dont think there is anyway that Ozzie puts Iguchi into the 2 spot right away.  He might, stress might, end up there, but I don't think that Ozzie will or should take the chance right off the bat.  Why put more stress on Iguchi than needed?  Let him adjust to MLB in the 9th spot for a while.  It's not like we are dying for a 2 hitter.  Uribe or Rowand can more than handle that spot.  I think one of the reasons Kaz Matsui hasn't developed is because he was thrown to the wolves and had an enormous amount of pressure on him to be the man.  I still think Uribe or Rowand will be the 2 hole hitter come opening day.

Agreed. Even if Iguchi is batting 9th in the lineup he is still suited well there. He will be like having another leadoff hitter there.

I thjink the batting order will be played out in spring training. We all speculate on what it will be, and theorize on it. But when the players hit the field and show what they actually can bring to the team, that's how it will be determined.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
Agreed.  Even if Iguchi is batting 9th in the lineup he is still suited well there.  He will be like having another leadoff hitter there.

Exactly, I mean who would be the 9 hitter if Iguchi were to be the 2 hitter? Crede? I don't want Crede clogging the bases for Pods if Crede were to get on base at a decent clip.

I thjink the batting order will be played out in spring training.  We all speculate on what it will be, and theorize on it.  But when the players hit the field and show what they actually can bring to the team, that's how it will be determined.

Yes, agree completely.

That's what'll make spring training interesting ... more interesting than usual. Can't wait to get out there to Tucson.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 24, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
I thjink the batting order will be played out in spring training.  We all speculate on what it will be, and theorize on it.  But when the players hit the field and show what they actually can bring to the team, that's how it will be determined.

I really think Spring Training evaluation is overrated for most players. It's good for the young players that haven't done it before, but for if Rowand had a bad spring, you'd still see him in the 2 or 5-6 spot. Same thing with Uribe. If Iguchi has a good spring, I still see him in the 9th spot. Spring really isn't close to the real deal. But here's hoping that Iguchi tears it up in Spring. Or pull a Shingo. Suck in ST, dominate the regular season. :drink