Did Anyone here

GreatScott82

I was flipping through the radio today and heard on ESPN Radio w/ Dan Patrick that the Sox are interested in Ugueth Urbina. And he said something about trading Willie Harris for him..

Can this happen? Whats with Urbina's status..is he still on Detroit? Did I hear something wrong?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Ozzie and Urbina are tight, and I am sure Urbina would love to play for him. I also know that Bruce Levine is speculating that the Sox are looking to deal Harris to add to their bullpen.

Levine seems to believe the Sox want to trade Harris for bullpen help, then turn around and sign a Utility IF. If this happens, it just means one less man is making the bullpen whether it is 6 or 7 guys out there.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
I know that Ozzie and Urbina are tight, and I am sure Urbina would love to play for him.  I also know that Bruce Levine is speculating that the Sox are looking to deal Harris to add to their bullpen.

Levine seems to believe the Sox want to trade Harris for bullpen help, then turn around and sign a Utility IF.  If this happens, it just means one less man is making the bullpen whether it is 6 or 7 guys out there.

Bullpen help? Wow, we are going to have some sick pen. Adkins and Cotts, IMO, did pretty well for first year guys, and probably will improve this year. However, having either them (more likely Adkins because of the amount of righties we have)in AAA, and ready to be called upon for whatever reason throughout the year makes me feel warm inside.

I really don't think the Tigers would have a problem trading Urbina within the division. His contract is up after this year, right? I don't think that they really truly think they can win the division this year, plus they already have Percival. If they got some decent talent that filled a couple holes, why wouldn't they? They are a young team, and Urbina probably isn't in their future plans.

Our pen would be amazing...

Shingo

Marte

Urbina

Hermansen

Vizcaino

Politte

Only thing I don't like is only 1 lefty...But that is some f-ing pen.

I would love to have Urbina on the Sox, but I am not convinced the Tigers would trade with the Sox. Do they have any type of history trading with one another. Does anyone in the AL Central have a history of dealing with one another. Maybe the whole idea of "no trading within the division" is overrated, but it doesn't happen very often.

Who are some other options?

One guy I would love is Danys Baez.

Why is no one else willing to offer more for Urbina?

Harris right now has almost no value, every GM has to know that if they get a call from the Sox about Harris its because they want to dump him. You do not destroy a young players value unless you really can not stand the guy.

Seems to me that the Cubs would gladly pay more than Harris for Urbina...

There are pleny of teams looking for a closer, who could offer more than Harris.

Maybe the Tigers are doing us a favor because they want to sign Maggs to a real cheap contract.

And no way is Harris worth Baez either at this point, Harris could maybe get us some type of guy who has potential but has not worked out and has been relegated to the pen, or an injury risk.

SB

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
I really don't think the Tigers would have a problem trading Urbina within the division.  His contract is up after this year, right?  I don't think that they really truly think they can win the division this year, plus they already have Percival.  If they got some decent talent that filled a couple holes, why wouldn't they?  They are a young team, and Urbina probably isn't in their future plans.

Our pen would be amazing...

Shingo

Marte

Urbina

Hermansen

Vizcaino

Politte

Only thing I don't like is only 1 lefty...But that is some f-ing pen.

Vizcaino is just like a lefty. I don't think we would miss cotts that much. Then he could get the entie year in the minors to work on his pitches. Which does need improvement alot with control.

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
No need, but if Harris nets us another reliable arm, why not? We need a UIF regardless.

The problem is it leaves us with NO LONG MAN! Not to mention Marte being the only lefty. Like I said no thanks. Plus too much mystery surrounding his poor mom.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
The problem is it leaves us with NO LONG MAN! Not to mention Marte being the only lefty. Like I said no thanks. Plus too much mystery surrounding his poor mom.

Hermanson is a LONG MAN.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 25, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)

Say if we got urbina we can easily slide hermanson into long relief.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)

Doesn't necessarily need to be Urbina. Besides, maybe they'd be willing to have Hermanson be the long man, and also relieve. It's not like we should need a long man that often this year. If anything we could have a couple of the guys go a couple innings each. I'm not speculating, or even care what they do with the pen, because I'm more than satisfied as it stands. However, if they decide to go that route, that's fine too.