Urinal crowd to increase IQ by 1790

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-w...vations&prov=ap

CHICAGO (AP) -- After four years of negotiations, the Chicago Cubs and the city agreed on a plan to add 1,790 seats to Wrigley Field, the National League's oldest ballpark.

Officials said construction of the additions is expected to begin after the 2005 season and be completed in time for opening day 2006.

...Tickets for the new seats will be the exclusive rights of Northside Ticketco. (a wrigley subsidiary) and sold at auction to the the idiot willing to pay the most money.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
...Tickets for the new seats will be the exclusive rights of Northside Ticketco. (a wrigley subsidiary) and sold at auction to the the idiot willing to pay the most money.

I didn't see that in the story. Do you have a link to that I'd love to stick that in the face of a Cub fan here at work.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
Ran out of green ink for that one... :P

It was a little bit too close to reality I guess :lol:

Yeah. It's very believable. That's why I wanted the link. Great title by the way! :lol:

The Ballhawks might actually have to find jobs now...

The Wrigley Field ballhawks could go on the endangered species list next year now that the Cubs and the City of Chicago have come to a tentative agreement on bleacher expansion.

With 1,790 new seats to be constructed behind and above existing bleachers, the number of home-run balls landing on Waveland and Sheffield Avenues likely would decline.

Wrigley and Fenway Park are among the few ballparks where a player can hit a ball out of the park and onto a street. Cubs players were split as to whether the tradition is worth preserving.

"I guess you can still hit one over the street if you hit the building in the air," Todd Walker said. "But it will be missed. You take a little pride in that. It's fun … when you hit it over Sheffield or Waveland, it sounds a lot farther than it probably actually is."

Corey Patterson, who hit home runs onto Sheffield and into McCovey Cove in San Francisco last year, said it's a different feeling when the ball leaves the park.

"There's some meaning to [street shots], because ... at Wrigley and Fenway when you hit one well enough, you can hit it onto a street," Patterson said. "At other parks, it's just an average home run. It adds a little juice, a little spark to it. Players have fun with it, and the fans do too."

Nomar Garciaparra hit a few onto Landsdowne Street in Boston but said he never cared where the ball landed.

"It doesn't matter if it's in the first row, they all count the same," he said. "What about the people on the rooftops? Will they still be able to watch? That's a part [of Wrigley] that I like."

Catcher Michael Barrett favors bleacher expansion regardless of whether it ends street shots.

"It will give more people an opportunity to get into the game," he said. "I know so many people who would love to go to a game and it's so difficult.

"As far as the street ball goes, it's fun to hit it onto the street, but I think the best thing about Wrigley Field is the atmosphere the fans create. The more fans we have, the better the atmosphere gets."

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-w...vations&prov=ap

You should check your figures Gene. Adding 1790 more idiot Flub fans with the IQ of zero adds nothing to the already flatlining IQ which already exists there.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Have they ever wondered if Wrigley Field's the reason for their jinx?

They would NEVER blame the weed-covered money machine for their woes.

Goats are stinky and ugly, meddling fans are replaceable, baseballs are a dime a dozen, but THE SHRINE IS CASH IN THE BANK!!!!!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 2, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
They would NEVER blame the weed-covered money machine for their woes.

Goats are stinky and ugly, meddling fans are replaceable, baseballs are a dime a dozen, but THE SHRINE IS CASH IN THE BANK!!!!!

lol

Oh how stupid of me. I should slap myself for even mentioning it.