White Sox vs. Diamondbacks (3/3/2005)

Heads22

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice play by Josh Fields to throw out a guy on a slow roller for the 3rd out.

Going to the 9th, 3-3.

Guys I am out, someone take over please, my workout is waiting.

Thanks.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
I had something strange happen.  I lost the feed a couple of times because I was foolng around with REAL PLAYER (making a CD) and MLB.com Gameday Audio wouldn't let me log back in.  It gives me the following message: Your account has been logged in too many times. Please try again later.   I'm going to have to follow this thread for the ending I guess.  Not that that is a bad thing.

fields nice barehanded play to get hairston to end inning

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
I like the aggressiveness displayed so far.  Sounds like Ozzie means business.  Bunting, hitting and running.  Fundanmentals that we lacked last year.

I don't mind bunting but like cwsguy said wtf were they bunting for in the 7th when down two runs? I do not want ozzie to get too carries away with ''small ball''.

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Wow, nice play by Josh Fields to throw out a guy on a slow roller for the 3rd out.

Going to the 9th, 3-3.

Guys I am out, someone take over please, my workout is waiting.

Thanks.

I'll give the last few updates if nobody is already.. :gosox1:

I would think they are bunting in non-bunt situations for practice.

That way when the games actually count, they will be able to get the bunt down, something that we have failed at for years now.

Spring training records mean absolutely nothing, therefore regardless of the score you should keep your players practicing what they will need to be able to do in the regular season.

Playing to win spring season games may give your fan base a smile, but its better that they practice and work on what needs to be done and lose every game, imo atleast.

SB

I'm really hoping this Owens kid makes it big.

He sounds like a Scott Podsednik, probably not as good as far as stealing bases, but looks like he can (potentially) be a solid leadoff man -- by that, it sounds like he has a pretty good batting eye...

Owens flies out.

Valdez up.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)

That way when the games actually count, they will be able to get the bunt down, something that we have failed at for years now.

Spring training records mean absolutely nothing, therefore regardless of the score you should keep your players practicing what they will need to be able to do in the regular season.

Playing to win spring season games may give your fan base a smile, but its better that they practice and work on what needs to be done and lose every game, imo atleast.

SB

Very good point. I don't even know who the best bunter was last year. Rowand?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
fields nice barehanded play to get hairston to end inning

I was allowed back in. I got the logged in too many times message from both sites for a bout 15 minutes. Thanks for the update.

SB

Agreed, people here are thinking that these games are needed to make the playoffs..

The first couple of weeks, players and pitchers work on s***.. No worries it good to see a bunt for a while.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Very good point.  I don't even know who the best bunter was last year.  Rowand?

He was awful. Our best bunter was timo and that is not saying much at all.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
Agreed, people here are thinking that these games are needed to make the playoffs..

The first couple of weeks, players and pitchers work on s***.. No worries it good to see a bunt for a while.

pedro lopez single up teh middle, cassanova batting

Greg Aquino comes out to pitch for the DBacks in the 9th.

Jerry Owens flies to left. One out.

Wilson Valdez strikes out swinging. Two gone.

Pedro Lopez singles up the middle into center. Man on first, two outs.

Cassanova grounds out. Middle of 9, all tied up at 3.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)

I'm not implying that we should be aiming to win these games, believe me. I won't be pissed if they lose, whatever, it's called Spring Training for a reason.

I'm just stressing a concern that may or may not arise midseason, of Ozzie calling for a bunt in the wrong situation.

From what I heard Tracey always seemed to be ahead in the count. That's actually a bit weird considering he walked quite a few guys last year for Winston-Salem. Uh oh, Munoz is on to pitch. Chalk up the L. 4 pitch walk, oye.

Anybody know Honel's velocities when he was pitching? It sounds like he did well, but he had major velocity problems late last year with supposedly no structural damage to his shoulder. So hopefully he is back in the upper 80s at least.