Eddy Curry

WHarris1 and I have been discussing the scenario of Curry and what to do when his contract is up at the end of the season, he's a restricted FA. Now I know some (not many) of you like Eddy (or in Jason's case love him), but there's a few different scenario's here that could play out which could make the Bulls better even if they lose Curry. My suggestion was this, Atlanta is supossedly in love with Curry and are going to make him a big offer come this off-season, whether it's a max offer we'll have to wait and see.

My scenario was this, what if the Bulls and Hawks pulled a sign and trade deal like the one a few years ago, where the Hawks got Curry and the Bulls got Atlanta's first pick, and were able to draft another big like Andrew Bogut or the Lithuianian guy. Sure the Bulls would miss Curry's scoring, but Gordon and Deng are going to have bigger roles in the offense the next few years, and Bogut and Ankrulisyius? would add a lot more rebounding especially and defense with Tyson with the added shot-blocking. Definitely something to consider, although I think it's very unlikely to happen.

I would love that idea but I doubt they would give their top pick unless ATL's GM has a raging hard on.

Something could probably be worked out where Curry went to ATL in exchange for the pick and maybe a bad contract because the Bulls have a lot of cap room.

Should be an interesting summer as far as Eddy goes.

Tyson needs to be brought back at pretty much any cost, IMO.

i like the atlanta i dea but i dont see it happenin, like willy said the atlanta gm would really have to be in love with curry to trade the 1st pick. but i wouldnt mind seeing him stay, he is a lot of points to fill and we dont have anyone to fill it at the center postion. Davis and othella have their night but not everynight, chandler is... well i dont know he seems to like that mid rage jumper but i always cringe when he takes it, he more of a dunker. if we do get rid of curry we need to sign a center. a center who can and will be productive almost every night. what centers are free agents next year?

They will NOT give up the NUMBER ONE pick for Eddy.

A sign and trade scenario would probably be more along the lines of the Crawford trade, although I don't see us trading Eddy. Judging from the low-ball offers for him that were being proposed earlier in the season, we'd probably only be able to get serviceable players like we did getting Othella. But maybe he's serious about staying.

A core of young guys like Smith, Childress, and possibly Bogut sounds fine for Hawks. This isn't like the NFL where there's enough talent to trade down or anything...You tend to keep the number one pick.

And no, we can't give Tyson whatever he wants either. He's just not that good...

If Eddy and the Hawks worked out, I'd demand Josh Childress in return. He's a good wing player. Of course the Bulls would then have to scramble like mad to find a low post precense that has some offensive game.

I also don't think Atlanta has any large contracts left really, which makes it tough. You also have Al Harrington who could be solid.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
If Eddy and the Hawks worked out, I'd demand Josh Childress in return.  He's a good wing player.  Of course the Bulls would then have to scramble like mad to find a low post precense that has some offensive game. 

I also don't think Atlanta has any large contracts left really, which makes it tough.  You also have Al Harrington who could be solid.

Damn you're right they don't have anything big.

Hmm.

Then again, they must be under the cap, meaning salaries wouldn't have to even out. But if thats the case I find it hard pressed they'd do Harrington for Curry or anything along those lines. But If I were the Bulls, I may get tempted at something like that if Curry doesn't start rebounding and playing some defense.

Because these past 10 days have been absolutely pathetic.

I'm going to go the opposite of everyone else's opinion and say that I wouldn't even trade Curry for the number one pick. NO MORE ROOKIES. This team needs to grow together. Skiles refuses to play Curry and I hate him for it. Curry can't get better if he is rotting on the bench every 4th quarter. Skiles is a terrible player development coach and I'm calling for his ass to get fired if he doesn't give Curry more playing time. At this point the Bulls need to do whatever possible to keep Curry. If they don't he will be another Artest or Brad Miller and completely blossom elsewhere.

THe problem with a Bulls team without Curry next year is that it will have absolute garbage in terms of low post scoring and thats something a good NBA team needs to have. Hell, I think even with Curry they still need another good low post scorer.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
I'm going to go the opposite of everyone else's opinion and say that I wouldn't even trade Curry for the number one pick. NO MORE ROOKIES. This team needs to grow together. Skiles refuses to play Curry and I hate him for it. Curry can't get better if he is rotting on the bench every 4th quarter. Skiles is a terrible player development coach and I'm calling for his ass to get fired if he doesn't give Curry more playing time. At this point the Bulls need to do whatever possible to keep Curry. If they don't he will be another Artest or Brad Miller and completely blossom elsewhere.

A terrible player development coach? Seems to me he's been the only coach to get anything out of Curry and Chandler. He's certainly developed the young players on this team to make them competitive in the NBA. Curry needs exactly what he's getting. It's called tough love. Make him EARN his minutes. No entitlements in the NBA.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
THe problem with a Bulls team without Curry next year is that it will have absolute garbage in terms of low post scoring and thats something a good NBA team needs to have.  Hell, I think even with Curry they still need another good low post scorer.

If Eddy could figure out how to hustle for 35-40 minutes a night all of this would be a moot point. As it is now, the Bulls only have to find someone who can score 15 points in 25 minutes, because they sure as hell aren't losing any defense or rebounding...

ok Curry is almost young enough that if he went to college he would be just fresh out of the draft so id think Atlanta would deal their pick for Curry and maybe a minor player like othella or franky or griffin.... or maybe even Duhon if we get a little something in return

Also id resign Chandler no matter what he is what makes our team roll and than with the FA money from not signing Curry you go and get Krame Brown who i think out of washington will blossom somewhere else and him and Chandler always up each others game so maybe they can do that on the same team.

In the draft you take the best player available whether it be a guard, forward or center.

i kind of like that Jameson Curry dude in Oklahoma... he would be good if he decided to go into this draft.

Also im pretty sure the wizards dont resign Kwame Brown because right now they are really winning w/out him and he doesnt seem to care much for the players there.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)

Do you watch the bulls consistently? Curry only plays well in one quarter ( the first) and they plays like a piece of s*** the rest of the game 85% of the time. Defense is horrible and cannot rebound. Not exactly someone you want in down the stretch now is it?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
Skiles is a pimp. He is old school and does not let his players tell him what is gonna happen. You play well you get playing time. If you are not you will be good friends with the bench.

Exactly. Skiles is the reason this team is above 500. Without him, this is just like the last 6 years. There is a reason this guy went from Plymouth Indiana to the NBA, and it isn't his haircut.

from the Trib:

Interest stirs for an 'Eddy Curry Show'

Fred Mitchell

AROUND TOWN

March 7, 2005

Entering Monday night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks, Eddy Curry had been living a nightmare reality on the basketball court recently with the Bulls.

The young center had been benched repeatedly during fourth-quarter, crunch-time situations by coach Scott Skiles because he was not rebounding or playing defense up to expectations.

Now comes word that Curry is being sought as the subject for a reality television series. A production company backed by Maury Povich has contacted Curry's marketing reps. Other local and national cable networks also have sought the rights to taping a reality profile of the center.

But the fourth-year pro, who made the leap from Thornwood High School directly to the NBA, has yet to agree to an appearance because of time commitments. His main focus remains getting the Bulls into the playoffs.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Do you watch the bulls consistently? Curry only plays well in one quarter ( the first) and they plays like a piece of s*** the rest of the game 85% of the time. Defense is horrible and cannot rebound. Not exactly someone you want in down the stretch now is it?

He doesn't get the chance anymore though. Don't forget he would still be a senior in college had he not went pro early. People expect so much, so fast.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
He doesn't get the chance anymore though. Don't forget he would still be a senior in college had he not went pro early. People expect so much, so fast.

Then he shouldn't have come out so early and be considered ''the next shaq''.