Bears Trade Rumor

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
Colts have said they don't require a 1st rounder.

Really? That's nice. If the Bears do trade for him then they can take a WR with the 4 and the offense will be looking pretty sweet.

Yikes. I don't know if I like this.

I still advocate the selection of Cedric Benson in the #4 spot as he is much younger than Edge and will have time to work his way into the Bears offense behind Thomas Jones. If you give a young runner with the talent of Cedric time to learn a new system and study film and running backs in the NFL, he could easily surpass what Edge's talent.

Hold on to the pick. Hold on to the defender. Don't make the move.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Instead you could hold the 4 pick, take a WR and trade the 2nd for Edge.

Now that's an offense.

Agreed. They are going to talk about it on Silvy and Carmen. I'll try to post a recap if I can.

I want Mike Williams....the Chicago Tribune reports today that his workout showed more speed than people thought...4.58 40 yard dash...plus we saw him catch absolutely everything thrown at him at USC....he could make a big impact right away.

Not that I would be mad with Cedric Benson....BEARS...do not trade this pick! :angry:

QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
Agreed.  They are going to talk about it on Silvy and Carmen.  I'll try to post a recap if I can.

Hmmmmmmm...

If we are talking about the second round selection and a defender for Edge, we may have to seriously consider the move.

Depending on who the defener would be, that trade would vastly improve the Bears offense as you could add both Edge and Mike Willams.

OR

If you are uncomfortable with the look of the defense after having traded a starting defender, you can take Derrick Johnson at the #4 spot.

Wow. This is going to be a fun rumor.

Please make sure to post the recap! :cheers

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
in my book Alexander is above and beyond better than Edge.

He might be, but not by much.

Alexander is above and beyond better than Thomas Jones or somebody like that. Shaun is not exactly a legendary RB like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc. He can't be considered above and beyond a phenomenal, hall of fame caliber RB like Edgerrin James.

Personally, I'd go with Alexander as well on the strength of injury history. But if we're talking about performance when healthy, James is a beast...same as Alexander.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
He might be, but not by much.

Alexander is above and beyond better than Thomas Jones or somebody like that.  Shaun is not exactly a legendary RB like Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc.  He can't be considered above and beyond a phenomenal, hall of fame caliber RB like Edgerrin James.

Personally, I'd go with Alexander as well on the strength of injury history.  But if we're talking about performance when healthy, James is a beast...same as Alexander.

I agree...The Edge has had that knee reconstructed...i'd prefer Alexander

I dont like the idea. As the Broncos have proved for years, if you have a good line, any running back can be a stud. Thomas Jones was fine last year, and he's signed for 3? more years at a very reasonable price. If the Bears are looking to trade for an A-List player, I'd rather it be a receiver or QB or TE.

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I dont like the idea.  As the Broncos have proved for years, if you have a good line, any running back can be a stud.  Thomas Jones was fine last year, and he's signed for 3? more years at a very reasonable price.  If the Bears are looking to trade for an A-List player, I'd rather it be a receiver or QB or TE.

Well, I dunno if any RB in Denver can be a "stud". Most are good system guys (Anderson, Gary, Griffin, Bell, Droughns), one's a legend (Davis), and the other is damn good, but not necessarily elite (Portis).

And besides, the Broncos in the playoffs since Elway retired:

Baltimore 21 Denver 3

Indianapolis 41 Denver 10

Indianapolis 49 Denver 24

I don't think I want to copy/imitate anything that the Broncos have been doing.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

colts fan: i wouldn't mind trading edge for defense and a second round pick but they way our defense was but the bears would have to give an impact players, colts are just going to draft defense and a possible running back. what should be done: mcquarters and 1st round pick (running back) for edge and a comisation pick.

QUOTE(backman @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
colts fan: i wouldn't mind trading edge for defense and a second round pick but they way our defense was but the bears would have to give an impact players, colts are just going to draft defense and a possible running back. what should be done: mcquarters and 1st round pick (running back) for edge and a comisation pick.

Deal.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
cool out hammerhead, your geting on my bad side :) Hey, at least we make the playoffs . I'll go back to watching my superbowl highlight tapes now

:lolhitting

I'll make a note of it.

At least there's only one of you, though. There are Dolphins fans everywhere on this board. Just a few that come to mind: Man Of Steel, False Alarm, Rowand44, Be Good, cwsox, a nooooobie who said that Dan The Man is the greatest QB ever, etc. I gotta watch what I say. I thought that I was in the clear with the Broncos. :D

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 06:46 AM)
The Bears Oline is gonna be very solid next year.

Tait-Brown-Kruetz-Q-Miller

As long as his contract isn't murderous on the cap, get er done JA.

Having a good RB would help the oline as well because they'd be bulldozing the opponents and with a good RB teams wouldn't be blitzing the QB near as much.

I'd be a fan of this move, but salary wise, it would be tough to fit him in. Also, I'd think our 2nd would be enough to get it done. Then obviously I think the Bears would draft Braylon.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
Alexander is now on the block for reportedly less than a 1st round pick.  If given the choice i'd take Alexander over Edgerin due to Alexander being the healthier of the two.

Wow, I would love either of these guys on the Bears. If we didn't have to use a first rounder, got Johnson with the 4th, and added an elite running back, damn we would be set. In my opinion, Johnson, Briggs, and Urlacher would be one hell of a linebacking trio.

There is absolutely no way the Bears should trade the 4 for Edge.

At 4 you have a chance to draft 1 of 3 backs who have much better health than Edge. RB's wear down over time, some draft people talk about how Benson already has 2-3 more seasons than Brown. Well Edge has far more seasons than any of them.

I would consider trading our 2 and RW for Edge and Colts 3 or 4, at worst the 2 and RW.

But the facts are we are doing the Colts a favor, this is a salary dump and they are not going to get close to a fair deal.

Personally Id rather have Brown, Cadillac, and Benson than Edge, but if we get to keep our 1 than we can draft BPA, (probably Rolle or Johnson depending on the starter traded).

SB

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 11, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
There is absolutely no way the Bears should trade the 4 for Edge.

At 4 you have a chance to draft 1 of 3 backs who have much better health than Edge. RB's wear down over time, some draft people talk about how Benson already has 2-3 more seasons than Brown. Well Edge has far more seasons than any of them.

I would consider trading our 2 and RW for Edge and Colts 3 or 4, at worst the 2 and RW.

But the facts are we are doing the Colts a favor, this is a salary dump and they are not going to get close to a fair deal.

Personally Id rather have Brown, Cadillac, and Benson than Edge, but if we get to keep our 1 than we can draft BPA, (probably Rolle or Johnson depending on the starter traded).

SB

I totally agree. No way would I give up the 4th overall selection for Edg. The only way I'd even consider it is if the Bears got the colts 1st, 2nd, and 3rd plus Edg. That 4th pick is so valuable.

On a sidenote, Bears met with Mike Williams agent today. Probably just a prelim thing, but I think with his most recent workout him and Braylon are quite similar stock wise and the Bears will have a chance to draft one of them if they want it.