Sox vs Royals 3/16/05

Y2HH

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
haha sorry, I should've put it in green since I was being sarcastic. I don't think he has a fastball.

That fastball sure was deceiving those Expo hitters last year.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
  I thought all he had was the greatest curveball ever in the history of the game?  By my calculations, Munoz curve breaks exactly eleventeen inches. 

Seriously though, after watching Munoz and his invincible 'curve', I've come to the conclusion that his curve takes a predictable motion, loops the exact same way and doesn't have serious enough bite on it to matter.  Eleventeen inches or not.  :D

From what I have seen of Arnie in Birmingham he does have a good curve best in the history of the game no way. Arnie does own the SL Record for consecutive wins at 13. And nearly got a no-no in his 4th ever start @ West Tenn which is the cubs affilate. So I wouldn't give up on Arnie yet but he has lots of work to go.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
Isn't this the first start for Diaz?  Are they showcasing him for trade value?

I hope so. He really seems to have fallen down in the ranks for the Sox. Package him w/ Joe B?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Anyone want to go out on a limb and say Diaz is wearing a different uniform by the end of the week, if not the end of the day?

I think a young pitcher with a good arm has trade value with someone. Look at someone like Joe Nathan. Good not great minor league numbers, couldn't cut it as a starter in the majors but has success as a reliever. I'm not saying Diaz is Nathan but good arms are hard to find and are in demand.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Anyone want to go out on a limb and say Diaz is wearing a different uniform by the end of the week, if not the end of the day?

Yeah, but it will say "Charlotte" across the front.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Wow 2 innings of no hit ball for the "Tee ball stand". I am shocked and amazed.. then again it is only the "Royale with Cheese" he is pitching against.

The beauty of baseball is that some silly scout will view our tee ball stand with rose colored glasses and believe that a future Cy Young is just their pitching coach away from appearing.

Hopefully the same goes for Borchard. They catch him on a 2-4 home run day with 2 monster shots. That scout hopefully will believe they have Mark McGwire in front of them instead of Crappy Bumwitz that we all know we have.

I can't believe I have to be the voice of reason among all of this ignorance. The fact of the matter is that Felix dominated AAA. He has proven that he has among the best control in the organization (maybe even second to BMAC). The fact is that the Sox brought him up without having him pitch in 2 weeks, then had him pitch on three days rest. Yet when they weren't screwing him over he actually proved he could get the job done as a starter when not jerked around (two quality starts) and a very good run out of the bullpen down the stretch. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't get choked up in the least to see him traded, in fact I think it would actually best for him.

What pisses me off is you guys calling him turd or comparing him to Joe Borchard. With the premium on pitching there is a solid young arm is still worth well more then a never will be outfielder.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
The beauty of baseball is that some silly scout will view our tee ball stand with rose colored glasses and believe that a future Cy Young is just their pitching coach away from appearing. 

Hopefully the same goes for Borchard.  They catch him on a 2-4 home run day with 2 monster shots.  That scout hopefully will believe they have Mark McGwire in front of them instead of Crappy Bumwitz that we all know we have.

That is giving Mr. Bumwitz a bad name.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
I think a young pitcher with a good arm has trade value with someone. Look at someone like Joe Nathan. Good not great minor league numbers, couldn't cut it as a starter in the majors but has success as a reliever. I'm not saying Diaz is Nathan but good arms are hard to find and are in demand.

Diaz however has a very very very very straight slow fastball. He doesnt really project as someone that can become electric out of the pen.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I can't believe I have to be the voice of reason among all of this ignorance. The fact of the matter is that Felix dominated AAA. He has proven that he has among the best control in the organization (maybe even second to BMAC). The fact is that the Sox brought him up without having him pitch in 2 weeks, then had him pitch on three days rest. Yet when they weren't screwing him over he actually proved he could get the job done as a starter when not jerked around (two quality starts) and a very good run out of the bullpen down the stretch. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't get choked up in the least to see him traded, in fact I think it would actually best for him.

What pisses me off is you guys calling him turd or comparing him to Joe Borchard. With the premium on pitching there is a solid young arm is still worth well more then a never will be outfielder.

Jeckle how does that have anything to do with the fact that his fastball is 91mph with no movement. Billy Koch got lit up with 92-93 with no movement and his breaking stuff is a heck of a lot better than Mr. Diaz. There have been tons of guys who owned AAA only to get destroyed in the majors. The comment that Diaz sucked because the sox screwed him over is giving Diaz's talent level a bit too much in the props department. Diaz gets away with great control, except that he is gunshy at the major league level. BMAC has two things that Felix doesnt and they sit between his legs.