Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a heavy handed threat. Either clean it up now & fast or we will do it for you. One of the options in doing so was a threat to remove drug testing provisions from all collective bargaining agreements across the nation & replace them with a Federally mandated program.

That's a scary threat for the rest of us.

they should just fix the suspensions, this is getting played out..

they are making too big of a deal over steroids, steroids are cool and I would reccomend all young people looking to get bigger to take them..

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
they should just fix the suspensions, this is getting played out..

they are making too big of a deal over steroids, steroids are cool and I would reccomend all young people looking to get bigger to take them..

wow you are blatantly wrong :angry:

For those that want to break the law it is.

Exactly. I would prefer drug testing for get high drugs remain between the worker, the company & the union. I think if the Fed gets involved there is substantial room for abuse & error & that could have severe consequences on one's life. It's a general assumption that government Fk's things up worse than the private sector. I'm in firm agreement with that.

I just want to say personally that I am not in that fold. I don't smoke & barely drink.

But I know friends & acquaintances that do & they are capable of practicing their usage in moderation to where they are undetected with their current drug testing programs.

Woooaaahhhh...

Manfred indicated earlier that there was NO document created when it was first requested and it had to be created before it was sent. I hope they go back and review his testimony....

He totally just lied.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Woooaaahhhh...

Manfred indicated earlier that there was NO document created when it was first requested and it had to be created before it was sent. I hope they go back and review his testimony....

He totally just lied.

I was wondering how true that was too, to be honest.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:08 PM)
Do you get the same impression that I do that this committee would like nothing more than to get up walk over to Manfred & b**** slap the s*** out of him?

Yep... and IMO.. there will be a veeerrrrryyyy long line to do so when these hearings are over. :ph34r:

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
I was wondering how true that was too, to be honest.

Of course it was bulls***. They didn't give them the info because they didn't want to until they had to.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Woooaaahhhh...

He totally just lied.

Well, according to Manfred a "final" draft wasn't completed upon request. He'll probably argue the linguistic value of "document," and how a rough draft doesn't fit that term. :D

That's the technical difference, among others, constantly brought up during these discussions. It appears unless someone institutes a policy which is 100% clear, no one knows what the hell to do.

steroids are cool and I would reccomend all young people looking to get bigger to take them..

Can I ask you a few questions?

Do you think illegal substances such as heroine, weed, crack, ecstacy are cool as well?

Do you think that operating machinery or vehicles under the influence of such is cool?

What is your definition of cool?

The fact that 17% of roid users can grow an addiction to me is not cool.

The fact that those who become addicted can suffer severe depression leading to suicide during withdrawal is not cool.

The fact that over 50% of the wrestlers who were roids users during the Hogan era are dead is not cool.

The data is overwhelming that continued roid usage will lead to an ever decreasing quality of life is not cool.

Maybe ignorance is cool :rolly

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
The players are the road block. Fehr is their puppet.

I don't believe Fehr is the puppet. Like Marvin Miller, the head of the union convinces the players this is the right thing and they follow. Remember when the Sox as a team were going to skip the drug tests to make sure the minimum amount of negatives were found? Fehr went to Az and convined them not to do this because it may hurt other players. He has a great deal of power and the players as a group listen.

I truly believe most players believe that tougher testing would be good but the union leaders have fought against it.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
I don't believe Fehr is the puppet. Like Marvin Miller, the head of the union convinces the players this is the right thing and they follow. Remember when the Sox as a team were going to skip the drug tests to make sure the minimum amount of negatives were found? Fehr went to Az and convined them not to do this because it may hurt other players. He has a great deal of power and the players as a group listen.

I truly believe most players believe that tougher testing would be good but the union leaders have fought against it.

Fair enough. I don't agree though.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Mar 18, 2005 -> 02:19 AM)

Since the players, vote the guy in, I agree with Steff on this. It'd be pretty easy to replace him if they actually wanted a different style.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Since the players, vote the guy in, I agree with Steff on this.  It'd be pretty easy to replace him if they actually wanted a different style.

Which is exactly why I think the way I do about their relationship.