Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
Someone mentioned a few posts ago that they were acting (giving the impression) that they think Soso never did roids.  How in heck did they come to that conclusion?!

The idiot rep from Florida is really the only one who said that. That I heard anyway..

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
The Score was playing some of it....I dont think I ever heard anyone ever say "s*** I have to leave work" like it was a bad thing b4  :bang

LOL... I don't want to stop listening to this. I'll be up all night watching the replay.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
About Curt Schilling being a complete jackass?

I thought that this was common knowledge for years now.....

Just watching him smirk after some of his comments makes me want to puke. This doesn't appear to be that serious to him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)

HA! You got me. I still disagree however. Where are the Congressional hearings on all the other drugs (amphetamines, coke, uppers) that players are taking? This is such a trendy scandal. It's like Claude Rains in Casablanca saying "I am SHOCKED to know there's gambling going on here!"

And steroids aren't all that bad for people. Sure, if you take them like there's no tomorrow, you'll die - but that's true with any drug. But if you take them (and there's many, many different kinds - new ones won't even be detectable by the tests that baseball (or the olympics) administer) under a doctor's supervision, and stay on a program - they are very helpful. I've taken them - for asthma issues. To condemn all steroids justl like that is very shortsighted.

And they don't help you hit a baseball. One iota.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
HA!  You got me.  I still disagree however.  Where are the Congressional hearings on all the other drugs (amphetamines, coke, uppers) that players are taking?  This is such a trendy scandal.  It's like Claude Rains in Casablanca saying "I am SHOCKED to know there's gambling going on here!" 

And steroids aren't all that bad for people.  Sure, if you take them like there's no tomorrow, you'll die - but that's true with any drug.  But if you take them (and there's many, many different kinds - new ones won't even be detectable by the tests that baseball (or the olympics) administer) under a doctor's supervision, and stay on a program - they are very helpful.  I've taken them - for asthma issues.  To condemn all steroids justl like that is very shortsighted.

And they don't help you hit a baseball.  One iota.

For someone who doesn't care.. you sure have quite a bit to say.. :rolly

HA!  You got me.  I still disagree however.  Where are the Congressional hearings on all the other drugs (amphetamines, coke, uppers) that players are taking?  This is such a trendy scandal.  It's like Claude Rains in Casablanca saying "I am SHOCKED to know there's gambling going on here!" 

And steroids aren't all that bad for people.  Sure, if you take them like there's no tomorrow, you'll die - but that's true with any drug.  But if you take them (and there's many, many different kinds - new ones won't even be detectable by the tests that baseball (or the olympics) administer) under a doctor's supervision, and stay on a program - they are very helpful.  I've taken them - for asthma issues.  To condemn all steroids justl like that is very shortsighted.

And they don't help you hit a baseball.  One iota.

Wow. I disagree with everything you said.

Is steroid usage as serious as gambling when it comes to players?

Most - I don't know

JC - Definitely more serious because of health consequences.

Why is MLB more aggressive vs Rose's gambling than steroids?

No one really had much to say.

Any real possibility of MLB cleaning itself?

CS - Reference to McCain's anger. Yes the MLBPA listens.

(is Schilling is drawning a check from Fehr's office?)

Why should we believe MLB & the MLBPA will do something now when

they haven't done anything over the past 30 yrs? (Making reference to a past hearing date on this very subject).

CS - 98.3% of us tested clean in favor of the most stringent testing that is constitutional & fair.

Some woman is praising all of the players including Canseco. (Boring)

How did roids help you?

Mr Canseco - I had so many other physical ailments that I was a special case. W/out roids I would not have been able to perform at that level.

But he can't see how a healthy person would benefit in MLB.

Were you aware that you could be given a fine in lieu of a suspension for doping?

N - All actives

Do you have an obligation to team if you know someone is using?

SS - I'm a private person

Stats: 20% of 8th graders, 30% of 10th graders, 40% of 12th graders

* amongst school athletes

I think she was quoting her district only.

Sheesh! That congressman just gave Jose an incentive to write a new book. He referred to it as the sequel.

CS: Players representatives & not the players themselves ratify the agreements.

fact?: If the player pays the fine the results are not made public.

Ummm...They (the medical panel) already stated that medically prescribed steroids are 10-100% lower than the dosage used by athletes to cheat.

They aren't comdeming those instances.

You should get your facts straight before drawing those conclusions.

Edited by RibbieRubarb