Cavaliers Fire Paul Silas

Wow, what a joke. Paxson might be the worst GM in the NBA outside of Isiah Thomas and Chris Mullin.

Luke Jackson? What in the f*** kind of pick is that? Meanwhile, Josh Smith is forcing 4 turnovers per game since he got a starting gig. :rolly

Drew Gooden? That sucker belongs in a Knicks uniform.

Ira Newble has a starting job in this league?

Lucious Harris, Eric Snow, etc?

And Silas had them around 10 games over .500 last month with this sad excuse for a team? :bang

I was in definite shock. Gooden is having a career year and Lebron has turned into a total stud with Silas around (he would of anyway though) but still I dont' think the Cavs could be any more pleased with James progression.

Silas has a s***ty team and they are playoff bound, despite the recent skid. Fact is there is Lebron, Gooden, and Ilk followed with some bums. They aren't that talented of a team and the Cavs are dumping a good coach.

I guess the rumor is that they'll grab the former Twolves coach Flip Saunders, but they'll probably have an interim guy the remainder of the year.

Stupid decision, if your going to fire him wait till the end of the year considering they are a playoff bound team (most likely at least).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Gooden is having a career year

On paper, anyway.

He was demoted in favor of Robert Traylor earlier this month. I know that he got his job back almost immediately, but it says a lot when a guy is putting up close to 10 rebounds per game, and his starting job is in question.

It also says a lot when a guy is the 4th overall pick in the NBA draft, and then he plays for 3 different teams in his first 4 years.

A couple of Drew Gooden reviews:

"Gooden has made stat-padding into an art form, making him much more valuable in the fantasy realm than in the NBA. He's probably the starting power forward by default in Cleveland."

"Drew Gooden will post respectable numbers because he'll rack up points when the game has already been decided, but he's not good enough to start in the NBA. He doesn't play defense, and his work ethic is nonexistant. Gooden's so lazy, he's like a rug on valium. That's lazy."

What the hell is this, so the team looses a few and drops to 5th in the east, cumon they still in the playoffs, silas is a good coach will probily end up some were else most likely orlando, i cant believed he was canned! but good luck to him were ever he goes!

When LeBron's deal is up, and if the Cavs are still a mess, what teams do you think will have the cap room to actually make a max offer for James? And he's going to want to play in a big market as well.

And oh yes, Gooden hasn't really improved much at all. He's just gotten more playing time, than what he got in Orlando (as a 6th man), but he doesn't offer anything close to what Boozer did in toughness and defense.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
I'd be willing to bet money that Phil Jackson will become the next Cleveland coach.  Nobody can tell me he wouldn't jump at the chance to coach Lebron.  Besides,  he can't coach a team that doesn't have the most dominant or soon to be dominant player in the game anyway.

No doubt Phil will come back to coach the Cleveland Cavs. I think that is what the organization wanted, to have Phil come back and lead the Cavs to their first title. Their trying to create Micheal and Phil, but just subing in James for Jordon.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
last I heard of Phil was he was chilling down in Australia with Luc Longley....and Dbaho  :ph34r:

He was down here watching the Australian Open Tennis cheering on Andy Roddick. Came back to America abouta few weeks ago IIRC.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
I never thought about Phil going to Cleveland until it was mentioned here, but it wouldn't surprise to see him there next year. Will Cleveland have enough entertainment for him though?

He already has a wife half his age...how much more entertainment does he need? ;)