Bulls-raptors.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just take a step back for a moment and admire the 2003 Draft.

1. Cleveland -- LeBron James

2. Detroit (from Memphis) -- Darko Milicic

3. Denver -- Carmelo Anthony

4. Toronto -- Chris Bosh

5. Miami -- Dwyane Wade

6. LA Clippers -- Chris Kaman

7. Chicago -- Kirk Hinrich

8. Milwaukee (from Atlanta) -- T.J. Ford

9. New York -- Mike Sweetney

10. Washington -- Jarvis Hayes

11. Golden State -- Mickael Pietrus

12. Seattle -- Nick Collison

13. Memphis (from Houston) -- Marcus Banks

14. Seattle (from Milwaukee) -- Luke Ridnour

15. Orlando -- Reece Gaines

16. Boston -- Troy Bell

17. Phoenix -- Zarko Cabarkapa

18. New Orleans -- David West

19. Utah -- Aleksandar Pavlovic

20. Boston (from Philadelphia) -- Dahntay Jones

21. Atlanta (from Indiana) -- Boris Diow

22. New Jersey -- Zoran Planinic

23. Portland -- Travis Outlaw

24. LA Lakers -- Brian Cook

25. Detroit -- Carlos Delfino

26. Minnesota -- Ndudi Ebi

27. Memphis (through Orlando via Sacramento) -- Kendrick Perkins

28. San Antonio -- Leandro Barbosa

29. Dallas -- Josh Howard

Edited by Kalapse

Let's just take a step back for a moment and admire the 2003 Draft.

1. Cleveland -- LeBron James

2. Detroit (from Memphis) -- Darko Milicic

3. Denver -- Carmelo Anthony

4. Toronto -- Chris Bosh

5. Miami -- Dwyane Wade

I just wanna know how bad Pistons' fans feel about their team drafting Milicic over guys like Carmelo and Wade. :headshake

I remember wanting Wade bad too. He was a great player at Marquette and it was fun watching him and Diener lead the Golden Eagles to the Final Four. IIRC weren't the Bulls predicted to get Wade, but Miami decided to take him at the last minute?

Yep, that's the way I remember it.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
I remember wanting Wade bad too. He was a great player at Marquette and it was fun watching him and Diener lead the Golden Eagles to the Final Four. IIRC weren't the Bulls predicted to get Wade, but Miami decided to take him at the last minute?

The Bulls had an oppertunity at the time to trade up with the Raptors at #4 and take Wade but Paxson didn't want to give up Donyell.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I just wanna know how bad Pistons' fans feel about their team drafting Milicic over guys like Carmelo and Wade. :headshake

I bet that NBA title ring really blows...

What good did a rookie do last years Pistons team?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)

Larry brown= doesn't play young players. Darko is still not a bust until he gets thirty minutes a game and does nothing.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 23, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
The Bulls had an oppertunity at the time to trade up with the Raptors at #4 and take Wade but Paxson didn't want to give up Donyell.

Well he ended up there anyways. :bang

I'll take Hinrich though, he fits what Skiles is looking for in a PG.

I was at the game tonight, and the Bulls were in control virtually the entire game. I wouldn't be shocked if they pull a 4-seed and get home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs if they can keep this up. It was nice to see Deng play even though the jumbotron said he was questionable for this game before the lineups were announced. He helped in Hinrich's absence, and hopefully that hammie won't be bad for too long. The ACC was pretty quiet the entire time, an attribute to great play (especially defense) by Chicago. AD's jam with about a minute left just poured salt on Toronto's wounds...

It was beautiful walking back to the car tonight, though it's a friggen blizzard right now up here in Ontario...

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 03:59 AM)
back on the that draft.... TJ Ford would be a stud 2 if it wasnt for his injury... was such a sweet draft.

As good as that draft was, I think that the 2004 class is even better. And if we're talking strictly defense, the 2004 class is so much better that it's not even funny.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)

Yep, that's the way I remember it.

Can you imagine Carmelo Anthony with Larry Brown? Plus the way Tayshuan Prince is playing offensively and defensively, they wouldn't need Carmelo at all. Wade is a totally different story, but the Pistons would be happy with their guard rotation of Billups, Rip Hamilton, Arroyo and Carlos Delfino.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 24, 2005 -> 04:54 AM)
Can you imagine Carmelo Anthony with Larry Brown? Plus the way Tayshuan Prince is playing offensively and defensively, they wouldn't need Carmelo at all. Wade is a totally different story, but the Pistons would be happy with their guard rotation of Billups, Rip Hamilton, Arroyo and Carlos Delfino.

I'll take Tayshaun over Carmelo in a heartbeat. The guy is an absolute defensive freak, and I love him. Those are the types of players that get you rings.

But as far as Wade is concerned, everything that I've heard and read (as I can't stay awake for college basketball) indicates that he was damn good in college, but when he got to the NBA, he made a quantum leap of sorts. I mean, across the board, seemingly everyone who followed him closely in college is flat-out shocked at the progress that he's made.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bull...pt-bull233.html

''While I'm going to be looking at many situations, Chicago is definitely one of the teams I wouldn't mind playing for,'' Marshall said after practice Tuesday. ''I'm looking for a team where I can get meaningful minutes, a good contract and a chance to play for a winner. The Bulls have all those. I didn't want to leave in the first place, and my family [fiancee Leea Kielpinski and their four children] still live in that same house in Long Grove I bought when I signed with Chicago.

''I first signed with Chicago because I felt they had an up-and-coming team and because the city is equal distance from my home in Philadelphia and Leea's home in Minnesota. But this is a business, and trades are part of it. [bulls coach Scott] Skiles got hired just a couple of days before I got traded. I had a couple of practices under him, and the last one was the best one I had had with them since I was there because he moved me to small forward and saw that a front line of me, Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler would really be a productive one.''