White Sox Winner!!

Heads22

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I still say the same thing if Wickman DOESNT drop the ball. Wickman was going to go to 1st anyway, you saw Victor pointing all along to 1st, and that is the way Wickman was facing. Time after time last season we couldnt execute that play. Willie came in off the bench, and did his job by moving the runner from 2nd over to third, and did even more by getting on with no outs.

He got his job done, and I give him props. End of Story.

I don't. End of my story.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
That bobble meant absolutely nothing.  It was a perfect sac bunt and both runners would have advanced regardless.

Both runners..? There were 2 runners on..??

I don't. End of my story.

Then you are not very intelligent. Both runners would have advanced regardless of Wickman botching the play. Uribe's deep sac fly STILL would have scored the winning run with 1 out. What is wrong with you? :headshake

I bash Willie as much as anyone but that was a perfect bunt and he DID get the job done.

Edited by Jabroni

I'm happy we won and all but...

If we can't hit during the game, how are we going to win...it doesn't take 1 inning to win, it takes 9 innings.

I'm satisfied with the 9th, but I'm not satisfied with Marte. He looked off today. And I'm not satisfied with what I saw in the other 8 innings...pitching was great, but if you don't give some insurance runs to your pitchers, you will lose ball games.

Overall great effort and win today.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Then you are not very intelligent.  Both runners would have advanced regardless of Wickman botching the play.  Uribe's deep sac fly STILL would have scored the winning run with 1 out.  What is wrong with you? :headshake

Steff would rather eat a live kangaroo before she gave Willie any kinda of credit. :lol:

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I'm happy we won and all but...

If we can't hit during the game, how are we going to win...it doesn't take 1 inning to win, it takes 9 innings.

I'm satisfied with the 9th, but I'm not satisfied with Marte. He looked off today. And I'm not satisfied with what I saw in the other 8 innings...pitching was great, but if you don't give some insurance runs to your pitchers, you will lose ball games.

Overall great effort and win today.

Because Marte gave up one hit to the Indians' best hitter, you're not satisfied with him? Be glad he didn't give up another hit to Martinez, he did a nice job of getting him out (or didn't they IBB Martinez -- either way, Marte got the job done).

Steff would rather eat a live kangaroo before she gave Willie any kinda of credit.  :lol:

That's almost like hoping he fails. I don't expect much from Willie and bash him quite often but when he actually gets the job done I'm not going to bash him for it and not give him his props. That's moronic.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
Because Marte gave up one hit to the Indians' best hitter, you're not satisfied with him?  Be glad he didn't give up another hit to Martinez, he did a nice job of getting him out (or didn't they IBB Martinez -- either way, Marte got the job done).

It was an IBB. But if he can't get the best hitter out for the Indians, how the hell are we going to beat the Yankees and their best hitter(S).

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Thanks for educating me, smart ass...but we need to go through all 9 innings productively, not just 1...

We scored 4 runs today thats a solid day at the plate.

End of story.

I don't give a s*** when they come.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Then you are not very intelligent.  Both runners would have advanced regardless of Wickman botching the play.  Uribe's deep sac fly STILL would have scored the winning run with 1 out.  What is wrong with you? :headshake

I bash Willie as much as anyone but that was a perfect bunt and he DID get the job done.

No f***ing way... they really would have advanced..? Really....??? :o

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
We scored 4 runs today thats a solid day at the plate.

End of story.

I don't give a s*** when they come.

I care when they come. Last minute is never good. Think about when we're struggling and quiet with the bats, will we get the results we got today in the 9th? Huh? What?

QUOTE(Beastly @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
It was an IBB. But if he can't get the best hitter out for the Indians, how the hell are we going to beat the Yankees and their best hitter(S).

Ok, so because Marte didn't get Hafner out today, that means Marte will never get anyone else's best hitters out the rest of the year?

:banghead

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
That's almost like hoping he fails.  I don't expect much from Willie and bash him quite often but when he actually gets the job done I'm not going to bash him for it and not give him his props.  That's moronic.

I know. Steff is a really good poster. She knows more about baseball than any chick I know. But she has some kinda deep hatred for Willie or something. lol

By the way, did DJ's jinx actually help us?

Wasn't DJ saying, "Bob Wickman is not known for giving up the long ba-"

Then Hawk says, "He looks up, you can put it on the board - YES!"

Hawk says, "YES" again!