White Sox Winner!!

Heads22

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Wickman charged in, and I assume that Boone was playing in a bit, too -- but the camera angle really only showed Wickman and Martinez.  When the ball was layed down, (someone here said) Martinez pointed to first almost right away. 

Harris would have been out at first, leaving runners on second and third, with one out, but like it's been said, Wick couldn't pick up the ball, so there was no play.

Okay. What I don't get is why they didn't have Boone (say) about 10 feet from WH when the bunt went down. There's no more obvious bunt situation. Willie still could have bunted it hard enough to get past him, but then Wickman should have had a fairly easy play at 3b (w/o the bobble) -- unless, the runners were off on the pitch.

Just trying to understand, that's all.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
hey beastly why are u never satisfied.....we could go undefeated and you would be like well the hitters should of hit more...blah blah blah

Until I see Pods and Iguchi live up to expectations...

and the hitters start hitting consistently.

Beastly I respect your opinion but come on man, you were complaining on Monday that this team wasn't exciting enough, I mean how can you ask for more excitement then this game?? Now you've moved onto to other things, just enjoy it, the sox are 2 and 0 and that's the only thing that matters.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Beastly I respect your opinion but come on man, you were complaining on Monday that this team wasn't exciting enough, I mean how can you ask for more excitement then this game??  Now you've moved onto to other things, just enjoy it, the sox are 2 and 0 and that's the only thing that matters.

Yo Rowand, is it me or does Beastly remind you of someone? :lol:

SS can not cover 3b very well on a steal.

It would be a foot race between Rowand and SS to 3rd base, also it would leave a huge whole in the middle of the infield. Rowand starts to go towards 3rd, SS moves towards 3rd, now you have the SS and 3b in almost the same defensive position. All Harris has to do is hit the ball hard to the left side and game over.

A bunt down the 3b line it is almost impossible to get the runner at 3rd. The 3rd basemens job is to get the runner at 1st, then you can walk the next guy to get force outs, and DP chance.

SB

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
His last at bat was horrible though.  He was over-anxious and he swung at too extremely high pitches to K.

Just clarifying for others that your talking about gooch, not pods.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
Holy crap.  I just looked at the box score... and saw they came back with 4 in the 9th?  I was in a meeting all afternoon.

WOW!

I'll have to go read the game thread in a bit here, I bet that was a roller coaster...

Haha...I left at page 16, and they added 41 more while I was gone. Such an incredible game. I'm loving this team! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
SS can not cover 3b very well on a steal.

It would be a foot race between Rowand and SS to 3rd base, also it would leave a huge whole in the middle of the infield. Rowand starts to go towards 3rd, SS moves towards 3rd, now you have the SS and 3b in almost the same defensive position. All Harris has to do is hit the ball hard to the left side and game over.

A bunt down the 3b line it is almost impossible to get the runner at 3rd. The 3rd basemens job is to get the runner at 1st, then you can walk the next guy to get force outs, and DP chance.

SB

But if I'm the Cleveland manager, I'm willing to bet that Willie's not hitting it to the left side or anywhere else. He's definitely bunting. Ozzie's had Willie bunting throughout the spring, has had everyone bunting throughout the spring, and has promised to do it through the regular season. And it's no secret that they don't have much confidence in his bat. He comes up in that situation, I take the small risk that he's swinging. The ss cheats towards 3b and breaks there on the pitch, the 3b starts very shallow and charges full steam. To be honest, I'd probably charge the 1b too, leaving the 2b to cover first, the ss to cover third. The strategy just seemed that obvious. Plus, I throw high and tight, but I assume he tried to do that and just missed.