Do the Bulls really need Eddy next year?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
And I seem to remember the Sixers doing pretty good when he was on the bench. Dalembert does the exact same thing that Chandler does. Catch alley-oops, and dunks for offense. There is no offensive skill set there. Wanna argue that, try going to RealGM. You'll get laughed at big time. Dally is a good defensive player, but you don't need two. Will teams be afraid to drive??? Probably not. Will teams be able to double our guards??? Yes, because there will be no low post presence to be scared of. Curry gets the job done whether you want to admit it or not. Your outside will not always fall in, especially for this Bulls team who's starting backcourt shoots around 35%. Imagine that with them getting worse looks??? Probably around 32%.

Curry is a better player than Dally. Just because you don't want to pay him the big bucks is just stupid not to have a player, especially a top 4 Center(at least statistically) in the league. You have to pay him. He's only 22 and is averaging around 16ppg and that's not because he can't average more, that's because he like the rest of the team shares the ball.

And Rasheed Wallace wasn't or is a great scorer??? Are you freaking kidding me??? There's a reason why he was a big acquisition. He can post up anyone in the league and he could step out and shoot the three. Brown just has him, like the rest, share the ball. Detroit has a great scoring PF and a C who gets his points off of rebounds and dunks. Curry is the 'Sheed and Chandler is the Big Ben.

So you do not need two of the best big defensive big men in the nba? Why will teams keep driving to the hoop if they are getting swatted constantly and their shots keep getting altered? I will argue with anyone any where on, bbb, realgm, hoopshype, etc... that dalembert is the beter player for this team and the better deal considering he will not be getting any where close to the money curry is. Curry is better at one thing over both chandler and dalembert, one thing. So because of that we want to give him a ridiculous contract?

Is it that the bulls share the ball so well that curry does not score more or is it because he has an excellent first quarter ( offensively anyway) and he gets tired or pulls some stupid s*** and gets pulled. Up until very recently he would disappear after the first quarter. We need a four quarter player not a one quarter player maybe two if he really feels like he is up to it that day.

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know how in the world a 6'11 280 pound center can average only 5.4 rebounds a game in almost 30 minutes of play. You would think if he just spread his butt cheeks out and held his arms up in the air he would A) get atleast 7 rebounds a game and B) have the entire Duke bench in heat.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:30 PM)
I just want to know how in the world a 6'11 280 pound center can average only 5.4 rebounds a game in almost 30 minutes of play. You would think if he just spread his butt cheeks out and held his arms up in the air he would A) get atleast 7 rebounds a game and B) have the entire Duke bench in heat.

He is a good post up player that is all that matters. :rolly

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
So you do not need two of the best big defensive big men in the nba? Why will teams keep driving to the hoop if they are getting swatted constantly and their shots keep getting altered? I will argue with anyone any where on, bbb, realgm, hoopshype, etc... that dalembert is the beter player for this team and the better deal considering he will not be getting any where close to the money curry is. Curry is better at one thing over both chandler and dalembert, one thing. So because of that we want to give him a ridiculous contract?

Is it that the bulls share the ball so well that curry does not score more or is it because he has an excellent first quarter ( offensively anyway) and he gets tired or pulls some stupid s*** and gets pulled. Up until very recently he would disappear after the first quarter. We need a four quarter player not a one quarter player maybe two if he really feels like he is up to it that day.

Yes, offense. That's half of the game just in case you didn't know. And Curry is making enough strides on defense to warrant him getting big bucks. Pax and Skiles have taken note of this. Again, it's a money issue with you. Go be a Clippers fan if you don't want to pay him.

It is because the Bulls share the ball so well(other players and coaches have said that we execute and run the best team ball in the league), we go away from Curry after the first because teams start collapsing the double teams on him and Skiles likes to get everyone going. Up until recently, Kirk was holding the ball. Curry was good the whole game when Kirk was out because Curry touched the ball on every possession(Duhon got it to him, part of being a better PG than Kirk, early in the shot clock) and was allowed to create for himself and others. If the double came, then Curry quickly kicked it out and the guy who received it would quickly shoot the jumper. If it didn't Curry just handled whoever was guarding him. This was possible by him getting the ball the whole game as opposed to just the first quarter when Kirk is in there.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Yes, offense. That's half of the game just in case you didn't know. And Curry is making enough strides on defense to warrant him getting big bucks. Pax and Skiles have taken note of this. Again, it's a money issue with you. Go be a Clippers fan if you don't want to pay him.

It is because the Bulls share the ball so well(other players and coaches have said that we execute and run the best team ball in the league), we go away from Curry after the first because teams start collapsing the double teams on him and Skiles likes to get everyone going. Up until recently, Kirk was holding the ball. Curry was good the whole game when Kirk was out because Curry touched the ball on every possession(Duhon got it to him, part of being a better PG than Kirk, early in the shot clock) and was allowed to create for himself and others. If the double came, then Curry quickly kicked it out and the guy who received it would quickly shoot the jumper. If it didn't Curry just handled whoever was guarding him. This was possible by him getting the ball the whole game as opposed to just the first quarter when Kirk is in there.

:D

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)

He boxes out for others. Watch some Bulls games and you will see that he clears the lane for Chandler, Deng, and Antonio. His biggest problem is after boxing out to go and jump hard for the ball. It's alright. BTW, BULLS ARE CLINCHING TONIGHT.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
He boxes out for others. Watch some Bulls games and you will see that he clears the lane for Chandler, Deng, and Antonio. His biggest problem is after boxing out to go and jump hard for the ball. It's alright. BTW, BULLS ARE CLINCHING TONIGHT.

Which is why dalembert would probably not work...

Finally, someone who gets it...

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)

You always have to worry about how you spend your money unless of course you want to be the knicks.

Curry is hardly ever in the fourth quarter and even the third quarter because he cannot do anything well but score. Curry has been good in maybe a handful of fourth quarters this year. When we need stops on the last five minutes of a game do you think he should be in? If curry could score 25+ don't you think he would? We should just be able to feed him the ball and boom he scores... or wait he is not on the floor long enough fo that. Plain and simple curry is a liabiliy except for shooting... and by the way scoring is not half the game.

I believe half of my questions were not answered.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)

Curry boxes out period? Holy f***ing s***. Now that had to of been a joke. That is one of his biggest problems and it is well known.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
'Sheed scores.

Rasheed Wallace in Portland.

19.2 PPG in 00-01, 18.1 PPG in 01-02, 17 PPG in 02-03

Rasheed Wallace in Detroit

13.7 PPG in 03-04, 14.9 PPG in 04-05.

Wallace has sacrificed his game in order for the good of the team.

That is one of his biggest problems and it is well known.

Yeah him boxing out really suprises me, as he's been known as lazy his entire career since his high school days. It really suprises me if he actually does most of the work and allows his teammates to get the stats, if so, kudos to him for changing.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
You always have to worry about how you spend your money unless of course you want to be the knicks.

Curry is hardly ever in the fourth quarter and even the third quarter because he cannot do anything well but score. Curry has been good in maybe a handful of fourth quarters this year. When we need stops on the last five minutes of a game do you think he should be in? If curry could score 25+ don't you think he would? We should just be able to feed him the ball and boom he scores... or wait he is not on the floor long enough fo that. Plain and simple curry is a liabiliy except for shooting... and by the way scoring is not half the game.

I believe half of my questions were not answered.

Your questions were answered. You don't want to listen, that's fine. Curry was in a stretch when he wasn't in the 4th(3 games) and after that is when he went on his really big tear. That doesn't just include offense, defense as well. And no one with the exception of Kirk plays enough minutes to average 25ppg. There's a reason why even Gordon isn't averaging that. And feeding a guy the ball isn't what offense is all about. You feed him and what if the defense doubles from the blindside?? Then you have a turnover if you try to force it. You kick it out and the ball swings for the open shot. Curry isn't a liability anywhere, except for rebounding, but I already told you why he's not so much a liability at that either. BTW, Offense does not solely equal scoring. Might want to learn that.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Curry boxes out period? Holy f***ing s***. Now that had to of been a joke. That is one of his biggest problems and it is well known.

Boxing out is not one of his problems. Going after the ball after he boxes out instead of letting someone else take it, is his problem on rebounding.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
Your questions were answered. You don't want to listen, that's fine. Curry was in a stretch when he wasn't in the 4th(3 games) and after that is when he went on his really big tear. That doesn't just include offense, defense as well. And no one with the exception of Kirk plays enough minutes to average 25ppg. There's a reason why even Gordon isn't averaging that. And feeding a guy the ball isn't what offense is all about. You feed him and what if the defense doubles from the blindside?? Then you have a turnover if you try to force it. You kick it out and the ball swings for the open shot. Curry isn't a liability anywhere, except for rebounding, but I already told you why he's not so much a liability at that either. BTW, Offense does not solely equal scoring. Might want to learn that.

:bang

My cousin/girlfriend that has never played basketball either can nail 50% of her three pointers too.

:headshake

Too much made up stuff for me to respond any more.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)

Just as long as you don't say duhon is a better PG than Kirk, and pietrus' size as a big defensive guard merits trading Kirk, I'm completely agreeing with everything you say...

Curry was playing some great basketball before his problems, and Skiles' rotation also has effected him...

Great post once again. :cheers

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
:bang

My cousin/girlfriend that has never played basketball either can nail 50% of her three pointers too.

:headshake

Too much made up stuff for me to respond any more.

Can't defend yourself and now you refer to something that is true. I don't mind a good argument. I do mind a an argument with a dumb poster who doesn't know the in and outs of something he's talking about and says, "that can't be true" because FACTS go against what he says.

qwerty's post = I lost, so I'll say something else that someone will hopefully laugh at. And no, Pietrus' size isn't a reason enough to trade KH. I wouldn't trade KH for a package centered around Pietrus. I do believe Duhon is the better PG(not player). I'm not trading KH for peanuts though.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Can't defend yourself and now you refer to something that is true. I don't mind a good argument. I do mind a an argument with a dumb poster who doesn't know the in and outs of something he's talking about and says, "that can't be true" because FACTS go against what he says.

qwerty's post = I lost, so I'll say something else that someone will hopefully laugh at. And no, Pietrus' size isn't a reason enough to trade KH. I wouldn't trade KH for a package centered around Pietrus. I do believe Duhon is the better PG(not player). I'm not trading KH for peanuts though.

I believe that a PG needs to have an effective offense to keep the defense honest. That will enhance his PG abilities. If you dump it down to your big men and the guy guarding you isn't worried about your shot so he doubles, than I'm not satisfied with that.

duhon is just way too inconsistent with his shot and is more likely to miss an open 3 than make it.

I think that Kirk's numbers, and especially his assists, speak for themselves...

And yeah, I did laugh at qwerty's post, but probably not because of why he would have wanted anyone to. Sad to see somebody talk up a good game and wuss out when they get owned...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I believe that a PG needs to have an effective offense to keep the defense honest.  That will enhance his PG abilities.  If you dump it down to your big men and the guy guarding you isn't worried about your shot so he doubles, than I'm not satisfied with that. 

duhon is just way too inconsistent with his shot and is more likely to miss an open 3 than make it.

I think that Kirk's numbers, and especially his assists, speak for themselves...

And yeah, I did laugh at qwerty's post, but probably not because of why he would have wanted anyone to.  Sad to see somebody talk up a good game and wuss out when they get owned...

Well we could go back and forth why Duhon/Hinrich is better. But we could keep them both, so who needs to argue??? As long as the team wins, no need to trade either one unless it's going to make your team noticeably better.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:17 PM)
Well we could go back and forth why Duhon/Hinrich is better. But we could keep them both, so who needs to argue??? As long as the team wins, no need to trade either one unless it's going to make your team noticeably better.

A pass-first mentality, although great for a PG, just doesn't make up for sucking on offense.

Tonight, for example, Kirk had 25 pts., 8 assists, 1 TO, and 2 steals compared to a weak 8 points, 3 assists, and no steals...

Just an example of a season-long trend. Kirk's numbers are just so much better.

But yeah, it's good to have them both, for now...

Once Ben improves on defense, I wanna see duhon on the bench behind Kirk as it should be...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:22 PM)
A pass-first mentality, although great for a PG, just doesn't make up for sucking on offense. 

Tonight, for example, Kirk had 25 pts., 8 assists, 1 TO, and 2 steals compared to a weak 8 points, 3 assists, and no steals...

Just an example of a season-long trend.  Kirk's numbers are just so much better.

But yeah, it's good to have them both, for now...

Once Ben improves on defense, I wanna see duhon on the bench behind Kirk as it should be...

Well yeah. Duhon would make a great backup at PG simply because he could set up the offense and get everyone on the bench going. The guys on our bench aren't really good at knowing the offensive sets, so that's one place Duhon would help - directing the traffic. Kirk has been coming on as of late.

I think that anyone who just doesnt hate Eddy Curry, Qwerty and Wharris, know that a Dalembert Chandler combo is a serious downgrade from a Curry Chandler combo.

Also keep in mind that Dalembert gets all his points from AI attracting all the defenders on him... and leaving Dalembert open for an easy dunk.

If Qwerty still thinks Dalembert/Chandler combo is better after everything has been said in this thread its prob simply because he is 18 right now and a teenager and at this point of his life he thinks he knows everything :bang

IF the Bulls found another presence that could score in the low post. Say getting a Donyell Marshall who can shoot the outside shot and do some low post work or a shareef. They could play them at the 3 part of the time and give enough of a presence to prevent the double teamings.

Plus Luol and Nocioni are both slashers and then they have enough to worry about. Plus with two guys that can crash the boards like Dalembert and Chandler, I don't think you could see too many double teams on the outside simply because they would be leaving the Bulls players open for so many offensive boards and tip backs.

And I must admit on the defensive side, those two would just shut down the opponents drive. Then you have Noc, Deng, Hinrich and Duhon shutting down the permiter game. These guys may be young, but they are already some of the better perimeter defenders and I often here Hinrich's name amongst the very best (from other coaches in their quotes) and then of course Gordon whose a flat shooter.

I also see reason in sticking with Curry. He's a monster of an offesnive player. Simply put the guy has all kind of touch around the hoop, good quickness, good athlete. I do think he's a better at boxing out that some people give him credit for. He's not great, but he also is lazy when it comes to going after the basketball. He tends to wait for it to come to him. And defensively he's made strides this year. He's not dominate, but he's made strides. I also see reason to worry about having two inept offensive players in the low post on offense. I mean it really can go both ways, imo and Eddy at 22 has lots of growth to make.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
IF the Bulls found another presence that could score in the low post.  Say getting a Donyell Marshall who can shoot the outside shot and do some low post work or a shareef.  They could play them at the 3 part of the time and give enough of a presence to prevent the double teamings.

Plus Luol and Nocioni are both slashers and then they have enough to worry about.  Plus with two guys that can crash the boards like Dalembert and Chandler, I don't think you could see too many double teams on the outside simply because they would be leaving the Bulls players open for so many offensive boards and tip backs.

And I must admit on the defensive side, those two would just shut down the opponents drive. Then you have Noc, Deng, Hinrich and Duhon shutting down the permiter game.  These guys may be young, but they are already some of the better perimeter defenders and I often here Hinrich's name amongst the very best (from other coaches in their quotes) and then of course Gordon whose a flat shooter.

I also see reason in sticking with Curry.  He's a monster of an offesnive player.  Simply put the guy has all kind of touch around the hoop, good quickness, good athlete.  I do think he's a better at boxing out that some people give him credit for.  He's not great, but he also is lazy when it comes to going after the basketball.  He tends to wait for it to come to him.  And defensively he's made strides this year.  He's not dominate, but he's made strides.  I also see reason to worry about having two inept offensive players in the low post on offense.  I mean it really can go both ways, imo and Eddy at 22 has lots of growth to make.

Easier said than done, especially at the C position. Dalembert and Tyson are too thin to handle C's on a full time basis. They don't have much weight to carry around. So sure they might swat some balls, but when they face a Shaq or Curry or Z or Yao, or anyone with lots of body mass, they would get handled. Add that to the lack on inside offense(donyell really is a Chris Webber type as in he'll shoot the jumper rather than drive and dunk) and you're asking for tons of trouble. Don't matter though. Paxson was heard saying that he is keeping the core together.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
I think that anyone who just doesnt hate Eddy Curry, Qwerty and Wharris, know that a Dalembert Chandler combo is a serious downgrade from a Curry Chandler combo.

Also keep in mind that Dalembert gets all his points from AI attracting all the defenders on him... and leaving Dalembert open for an easy dunk.

If Qwerty still thinks Dalembert/Chandler combo is better after everything has been said in this thread its prob simply because he is 18 right now and a teenager and at this point of his life he thinks he knows everything  :bang

Eddy is an integral part of our offense. He generates 1/4 of our offense on many nights. Dalembart is not a key to phillys offense. He does get a lot of easy dunks after the defense is busy worrying about AI driving. Eddy has to earn his points when plays are drawn up for him(and is at a 53% clip) . We dont draw up many plays for Tyson and we definately won't draw up many for Dalemburt. How would that help? Maybe we should go after Ben Wallace so we can have 3 players who do the same things on the court at once. Maybe we can get 120 rebounds a game that way. Who cares about offense as long as you get a few more rebounds every game. Again...... wtf is he talking about?